Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

Seems like Claudio has confirmed he can leave if we get the right amount of money. There are plenty of fairly desperate clubs in the league at the moment so he'll be off.

It's the right thing for his career to go and get first team game time. He'll get a clap from me when he returns as was solid at times for us (MOTM against Swansea at home last season I recall), but ultimately not got the footballing brain to justify a place in the team.

1 hour ago, tyfox said:

True mate but he just seemed on another level of lacklustre lol

We watched that debacle in Porto and that was a whole new level of dire. Our Jeff was woeful but then they all were inc our Mr chilwell who got tore a new one. The only one who looked decent imo when he came on was Albrighton

Great bit of business for us, that. Always quite liked him, but this season it's been quite evident that he either wasn't up to it, or up for it.

Weird one for Palace though- he's a poor LB (especially in a team playing on the back foot) and Palace have always relied heavily on end product from their wingers. If they switch to a 3-5-2 then he might turn out to be a decent signing.

Just now, Lako42 said:

Good deal for all involved, possibly including Place if he sorts his shit attitude out.

"Shit attitude." Get out of here, man.

The players who voted him Players' Player of the Year and the coach who preferred him to stay would laugh at you.

Wonder if that will see Zaha move on, although it seems as though they're buying him as a left back. 

He's not as bad as many make out, but he's certainly not great. He's shown glimpses so often but I think he and we have gotten to the stage whereby we realise it's not going to materialise. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

"Shit attitude." Get out of here, man.

The players who voted him Players' Player of the Year and the coach who preferred him to stay would laugh at you.

I couldn't give a flying shit if they laugh at me, I'm going on his strutting around the pitch and barely putting any effort in this season.

His body language stinks, his work rate when he comes on stinks, his pathetic excuse of a performance in Porto as a senior player stank.

Obviously Ranieri has been rewarding his excellent attitude recently with extended runs in the youth team and full exclusion from the 1st team squad.

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

I couldn't give a flying shit if they laugh at me, I'm going on his strutting around the pitch and barely putting any effort in this season.

His body language stinks, his work rate when he comes on stinks, his pathetic excuse of a performance in Porto as a senior player stank.

Obviously Ranieri has been rewarding his excellent attitude recently with extended runs in the youth team and full exclusion from the 1st team squad.

Yeah, man. It's all down to his attitude.Glad we have your expert analysis of his body language.

Everyone who played against Porto must have the same problem. Get rid of 'em all.

9 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Yeah, man. It's all down to his attitude.Glad we have your expert analysis of his body language.

Everyone who played against Porto must have the same problem. Get rid of 'em all.

What is it then?

A lot of players in Porto were shit, but his performance stood out even amongst a total shitfest of a team.

Why hasn't he been anywhere near the squad since? Even Ranieri question certain players effort and suggested that was the last chance they would get, I wonder who he could have been speaking about?

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

What is it then?

A lot of players in Porto were shit, but his performance stood out even amongst a total shitfest of a team.

Why hasn't he been anywhere near the squad since? Even Ranieri question certain players effort and suggested that was the last chance they would get, I wonder who he could have been speaking about?

Other players haven't been featured regularly and it's not necessarily down to attitude. Nearly all of his appearances last season were off the bench-- it's not like Jeff's been suddenly dropped; he just doesn't quite fit in the formation.

Jeff is clearly an incredible athlete who is tough to play against on his day-- I'm just not sure he's the sharpest tool in the shed, and he's not the most consistent player.

He was brought in as a forward as a kid, then accepted a move to the back line, then up and down the left side. I wouldn't question the attitude of a player who is clearly respected by his teammates and was willing to play so many different positions.

Adjusting for inflation and the game's increased lack of sanity Heskey for £11m in 2000 is a much bigger sale than Schlupp for £12m in 2016. Admittedly the record books don't adjust for inflation.

Sad to see an Academy product who has 'made it' of sorts go but he has gone as far as he can with us. Our fans have supported him quite hard but started to turn on him this season, notably at Spurs. There just isn't enough sublime to counteract the ridiculous anymore.

That said he will undoubtedly be class when we play Palace, you just know it.

53 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Wonder if that will see Zaha move on, although it seems as though they're buying him as a left back. 

He's not as bad as many make out, but he's certainly not great. He's shown glimpses so often but I think he and we have gotten to the stage whereby we realise it's not going to materialise. 

Wilfred Zaha is so over rated it's unbelievable. 

Career stats read something like averages a goal every 8.7 games and an assist every 8.4

Archived