Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Schlupp on his way

Schlupp leaves, we walk in 5-0 winners in the game immediately after and he's exposed as the miserable transfer demanding willy puller who ruined everyones mood. 

or have i played too much football manager

8 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Schlupp leaves, we walk in 5-0 winners in the game immediately after and he's exposed as the miserable transfer demanding willy puller who ruined everyones mood. 

or have i played too much football manager

I'd take that against Chelsea!

17 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Adjusting for inflation and the game's increased lack of sanity Heskey for £11m in 2000 is a much bigger sale than Schlupp for £12m in 2016. Admittedly the record books don't adjust for inflation.

Sad to see an Academy product who has 'made it' of sorts go but he has gone as far as he can with us. Our fans have supported him quite hard but started to turn on him this season, notably at Spurs. There just isn't enough sublime to counteract the ridiculous anymore.

That said he will undoubtedly be class when we play Palace, you just know it.

I think the fans and this forum wouldn't have turned on him if he was better at his job, even the basics, more times than not.  He is frustrating to watch as he has such speed but doesn't seem to use it at the right time.  So many times he would pick up the ball from a loose pass and bomb forward only to slow right down as his brain had caught up and he didn't know what to do next.  It would annoy me when he would jog back to track a player rather than use his pace to force them into making a mistake or win the ball back.

He hasn't improved from the great escape season, unlike Drinky, Mahrez and Kasper.  Hopefully we can use the money on a quality centre back, not an old, slow, previously good experienced centre back or someone for the future (Keane) but someone who can do the job now.

All mild jokes I've made aside, I think Jeff wanted to go in the summer, and whilst not outwardly expressed it with sulking or via social media, he hasn't been at the races regards to effort.

As Ranners has said, if you are a player who is unhappy and want to go, if we receive the right value in offer, then off you go.

I think the analysis of Jeff strengths, and more so his weaknesses have been talked to death already, so I've not much to add.

If we can get £12m for him, he goes away happy to whomever, and gets more game time, and maybe he can move from a sub player to a first teamer elsewhere, then we get cash and seek to upgrade, then surely everyone is happy with that outcome. We can wish him the best, and we move onwards.

22 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

I think the fans and this forum wouldn't have turned on him if he was better at his job, even the basics, more times than not.  He is frustrating to watch as he has such speed but doesn't seem to use it at the right time.  So many times he would pick up the ball from a loose pass and bomb forward only to slow right down as his brain had caught up and he didn't know what to do next.  It would annoy me when he would jog back to track a player rather than use his pace to force them into making a mistake or win the ball back.

He hasn't improved from the great escape season, unlike Drinky, Mahrez and Kasper.  Hopefully we can use the money on a quality centre back, not an old, slow, previously good experienced centre back or someone for the future (Keane) but someone who can do the job now.

Be interesting to see if he'd have improved if he'd been given the same chance as Drinky, Kasper etc. Let's be honest he's never quite had a strong run of games across a season, aside from the great escape ending where I thought he was decent!

29 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

Oh im not saying it was unjustified. At times this season like at Spurs and Chelsea away he's looked like he didn't even know what the rules of the game were, and you can only look that bad if you're not putting the effort in. At clubs like ours you'll generally get the support and patience of the fans if you're very doggo at times as long as you try your best and come up with the goods here and there (see Iain Hume, Lloyd Dyer and many others im sure). Once Schlupp's effort levels started to drop his days were numbered. This season too often he has neither tried his best nor come up with the goods.

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Oh im not saying it was unjustified. At times this season like at Spurs and Chelsea away he's looked like he didn't even know what the rules of the game were, and you can only look that bad if you're not putting the effort in. At clubs like ours you'll generally get the support and patience of the fans if you're very doggo at times as long as you try your best and come up with the goods here and there (see Iain Hume, Lloyd Dyer and many others im sure). Once Schlupp's effort levels started to drop his days were numbered. This season too often he has neither tried his best nor come up with the goods.

He's only made 4 appearances in the league.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

He's only made 4 appearances in the league.

Yeah and was dogshit in all of them. I actually thought he played alright away at Copenhagen but that's clearly a matter of opinion because I got slagged off for saying that in the post-match thread.

Edit - Actually his cameo against Watford weren't that bad. But it's still not enough. The Spurs and Chelsea away appearances were enough to know he wasn't gonna last much longer.

Stuck up for Jeff every time he's been slated, until Porto. His heart's not in it here by the looks of it and getting that sort of cash for an unhappy player we never use is very decent going. Will only remember Jeff fondly and really wish him well.

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Yeah and was dogshit in all of them. I actually thought he played alright away at Copenhagen but that's clearly a matter of opinion because I got slagged off for saying that in the post-match thread.

Edit - Actually his cameo against Watford weren't that bad. But it's still not enough. The Spurs and Chelsea away appearances were enough to know he wasn't gonna last much longer.

The whole team's been dogshit this season.

Some of you lot need a serious whoopin. Jeff is a legend, just not good enough for the upper/middle parts of the Premier League week in week out.

The lad came through our academy, helped get us promoted and won young player of the year in our first season up and he has a prem winners medal.

Shame that he wants to leave his club but it's the best for his career. Wish him all the very best. Sick to death of some of you twats laughing at him. He's earnt your respect, show it.

Once Liam Moore left Jeff wanted out and if wasn't for his injury just before the start of the season, he probably would have gone then.

The post match thread from the Hull defeat was people saying 'crying out for Schlupp'.  Crazy how much dislike there is for him now.  Overall he's been decent for us when you consider nobody has ever played him in one position for any real run of games.

I think he'll be first team at Palace and as a result, be very good.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Some of you lot need a serious whoopin. Jeff is a legend, just not good enough for the upper/middle parts of the Premier League week in week out.

The lad came through our academy, helped get us promoted and won young player of the year in our first season up and he has a prem winners medal.

Shame that he wants to leave his club but it's the best for his career. Wish him all the very best. Sick to death of some of you twats laughing at him. He's earnt your respect, show it.

He lost my respect when he could not be bothered at Porto. He gets paid a lot of money to at least look as though he is interested. It cost me a lot of money to watch such a dire performance.

Whilst his sale seems inevitable, what I don't understand is our lack of ambition at times. Our achievements last year put us in a position of strength with relation to potential signings and setting us Up for at least the foreseeable future to have a higher level of player.

without doubt we've changed our tact and upped game in the sense of increased value. However, at no stage have we tried to test our competitors resolve in the same way other clubs do. We have the likes of Bournemouth looking at Terry, Wiltshire etc. They may not be the answer but shows potential.

if Jeff has no part to play in the future, why not use him as bait in a swap deal for someone like zaha? Who would undoubtedly be an improvement to our squad. Yes palace probably don't want to sell, but stick Jeff and £15m - £20m under noes and it at least gives them a decision to make, not to mention unsettling the player.

likewise, in the summer when we sold Kante - was the consideration ever present to take the likes of fabregas as part of the deal? Or when arsenal were after Vardy, and Giroud was clearly out of favour? We're unlikely to attract these types of players normally, but when you have sought after players as we do, then it changes what clubs are prepared to offer in exchange. Not to mention we are champions! 

I accept that that only lasts so long but the point is that it concerns me that we didn't even consider. 

2 minutes ago, SPF07 said:

Whilst his sale seems inevitable, what I don't understand is our lack of ambition at times. Our achievements last year put us in a position of strength with relation to potential signings and setting us Up for at least the foreseeable future to have a higher level of player.

without doubt we've changed our tact and upped game in the sense of increased value. However, at no stage have we tried to test our competitors resolve in the same way other clubs do. We have the likes of Bournemouth looking at Terry, Wiltshire etc. They may not be the answer but shows potential.

if Jeff has no part to play in the future, why not use him as bait in a swap deal for someone like zaha? Who would undoubtedly be an improvement to our squad. Yes palace probably don't want to sell, but stick Jeff and £15m - £20m under noes and it at least gives them a decision to make, not to mention unsettling the player.

likewise, in the summer when we sold Kante - was the consideration ever present to take the likes of fabregas as part of the deal? Or when arsenal were after Vardy, and Giroud was clearly out of favour? We're unlikely to attract these types of players normally, but when you have sought after players as we do, then it changes what clubs are prepared to offer in exchange. Not to mention we are champions! 

I accept that that only lasts so long but the point is that it concerns me that we didn't even consider. 

Because what you've suggested specifically is not sensible either in the short term or long-term.

35 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Legend? lol

Have a word with yourself

Personally, I'm sad to see him go. I wish him all the best and I'm frankly embarrassed by the way some of our fans treat a youth team product who helped us win the league last season.

i think he'll play well against us, because he has the physical attributes and can be devastating when he's in the mood. But he wasn't good enough to be first choice, I think we all agree on that.

All the best Jeff and thanks for the memories! 

Archived