Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

Hey guys, i didn't find a Ndidi topic so i made this new one, hope you don't mind.

Wilfred's Goal has been nominated as Goal of the year in Belgium, you could help him a lot if you would all vote for him.

here is the link: http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1324/Gouden-Schoen/article/detail/3050101/2017/01/18/Stem-voor-jouw-Gouden-Goal-van-het-Jaar.dhtml

just click on the red button that says "Neem Deel" and then choose ndidi and then click next step, then you just gotta fill in your name and email.

thanks Lads !

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

There is actually one. He's with Slim the nicest addition to the team. 

I will look at all the goals in the list and then decide to vote for him or not. I find it fair this way.

yeah you should definitly look at the video, there are some very nice goals in it.

Guest CityFan 06

@age2710... A lot was said about Ndidi when he signed, the media & stats drew comparisons with Kante. In your honest opinion, do you feel he is of a very similar style to Kante, or different? Will he be the Kante replacement we were looking for and just how highly do you rate Wilfred?

On 19-1-2017 at 16:48, CityFan 06 said:

@age2710... A lot was said about Ndidi when he signed, the media & stats drew comparisons with Kante. In your honest opinion, do you feel he is of a very similar style to Kante, or different? Will he be the Kante replacement we were looking for and just how highly do you rate Wilfred?

Well, Ndidi is a player who works very hard, and has dominated the belgian midfields on his own. i think he has a lot of simularity's with kante, only wilfred is taller. This is a lad with a lot of talent and because he is a very hard worker, i have no doubts that he will one day play for one of europe greatest clubs. BUT is he worth the money you paid for him ? YES, Wil he get used to the Premier League fast ? YES, Wil he immediately be as decisive as Kante ? Possibly, but remember this guy is only 20 years old ! give him some time and support, and he will be dominating the Premier League in no-time.

1 hour ago, age2710 said:

Well, Ndidi is a player who works very hard, and has dominated the belgian midfields on his own. i think he has a lot of simularity's with kante, only wilfred is taller. This is a lad with a lot of talent and because he is a very hard worker, i have no doubts that he will one day play for one of europe greatest clubs. BUT is he worth the money you paid for him ? YES, Wil he get used to the Premier League fast ? YES, Wil he immediately be as decisive as Kante ? Possibly, but remember this guy is only 20 years old ! give him some time and support, and he will be dominating the Premier League in no-time.

I believe that Ndidi will be as good as Kante or even better as you say he is only 20 

Just to note:

Naturally not indicative of anything, but his stats for the first two games were pretty impressive:

73% of headers won (one thing Ndidi is obviously better than Kante)

63% of duels won (Kante had 46%)

vs Chelsea: 1 header won, 3 tackles won, 4 interceptions, 3 clearances

vs Southampton: 1 key pass, 1 dribble, 7 headers won, 6 tackles won, 1 interceptions, 4 clearances

In terms of tackles won, intereceptions and clearances those are Kante level stats so far.

The biggest flaw is passing: 65,5% vs Southampton (but look at the stats - only Musa had over 70%) and 77,8% vs Chelsea (still among the best passers for Leicester which basically shows how terrible the team is playing)

I think his passing (even though he has given the ball away a lot in his first two games) and shooting is miles ahead of Kante. But kante has the best positioning and reading of the game in the world.

Kante would also drive the team forward with a few direct dribbles.

Ndidi will improve and I think he offers the most from our current lot of midfielders especially with Drinkwater playing the way he is currently.

Ndidi is still very young and it's a hell of a lot different coming into a team that is doing poorly to one that is smashing it all the time, not to mention all the other young players trying to get a foothold in the team like Mendy. he will improve and is not the same sort of player as Kante ( who is).i just hope these players are being coached in the right way as with all young players it is about development and the way that they are coached and managed.

Of all the newer signings, this kid is the one I have most hope for. Stats aside, you can see he's learning very quickly, watching the game, naturally knows where to position himself.

The shame of the situation, like I've said before, is that he's having such a baptism of fire. Like Amartey I suppose...Ndidi has started in the last two matches where we have conceded 6 goals with no reply.

That is no way to treat a young kid with potential..to embed him into the club for long term success.

The club is being run like a fookin shambles at the moment. And I don't only mean Ranieri. The rest of them are to blame as well IMO. To go from doing everything right to doing nie on everything wrong, so quickly, is daft.

Ndidi must feel like a rabbit in the bloody headlights.

1 hour ago, SpinneyHillRanger said:

I think his passing (even though he has given the ball away a lot in his first two games) and shooting is miles ahead of Kante. But kante has the best positioning and reading of the game in the world.

Kante would also drive the team forward with a few direct dribbles.

Ndidi will improve and I think he offers the most from our current lot of midfielders especially with Drinkwater playing the way he is currently.

i'm glad someone else sees it

he doesn't need to win so many duels as he nicks the ball before the opposition player arrives

I wonder when deschamps will realise he could have actually won the euros

I think the constant direct comparisons to Kante won't help, just like they didn't help in terms of us being patient with Amartey.

I'm very optimistic about the signing, however I think people have been getting far too excited from the off. It began with Radio Leicester making him man-of-the-match in a game where he looked the part, but nothing more than that. Rather like the day Big Ron gave Russell Hoult man-of-the-match because he'd kept a clean sheet on his debut, even though he barely had to lift a finger.

And the side as a whole have been dreadful since then, him included, so why people feel he's a step up from King or Amartey - who haven't featured and have, at times, done a job this season - I'm not sure. 

From what I have seen he has bags of potential but is understandably not up to pace. Among many other things, in the past two games we've surrendered far more space in the centre of the field and sat far deeper than we did even with King-Amartey / King-Drinkwater / Drinkwater-Amartey as a midfield duo (rather than a three). I don't think he appreciates yet just how much ground needs to be covered, how keenly players have to be pressed, and that's been a problem. This was a problem for Amartey too, and may well be again when he returns from AFCON.

And I don't think statistics can demonstrate things like that. They're useful, but only to a point - a forward pass can be made from the CB position or the ACM position, a backward pass can be just outside their box or just outside ours, a tackle can be an unavoidable 50-50 or the consequence of someone racing 40 yards to put in a challenge, even 'distance covered' can be misleading, because the statistic alone doesn't show at what velocity they were covering that distance, and to what end.

At the moment he is simply a player who looks promising, and isn't disgracing himself any more than anyone else. It's for this reason that, at various times in our history, someone like Arnar Gunnlaugsson, Dean Sturridge, Stef Oakes or Marko Futacs has been hailed as the answer to all our woes, when really they weren't. There's plenty of hope for him, but that hope shouldn't turn in to expectation or misguided belief.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Of all the newer signings, this kid is the one I have most hope for. Stats aside, you can see he's learning very quickly, watching the game, naturally knows where to position himself.

The shame of the situation, like I've said before, is that he's having such a baptism of fire. Like Amartey I suppose...Ndidi has started in the last two matches where we have conceded 6 goals with no reply.

That is no way to treat a young kid with potential..to embed him into the club for long term success.

The club is being run like a fookin shambles at the moment. And I don't only mean Ranieri. The rest of them are to blame as well IMO. To go from doing everything right to doing nie on everything wrong, so quickly, is daft.

Ndidi must feel like a rabbit in the bloody headlights.

Sympathy for Amartey,are you feeling ok?

I'm very happy to see that you guys understand that is not easy for him to come into a team that does not so well at the moment ( no offense), and that you all see his potential and are willing to give him time to get used to the level of the premier league. In belgian media we saw a lot of negative tweets coming from england about his last 2 performances so im very relieved to read these positive posts here.

edit: some of the negative tweets after the Chelsea Game : http://www.voetbal24.be/news/leicester-city-moet-onmiddellijk-de-20-miljoen-euro-aan-genk-terugeisen-voor-ndidi?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

On 24/01/2017 at 08:47, Marutimon said:

Just to note:

Naturally not indicative of anything, but his stats for the first two games were pretty impressive:

73% of headers won (one thing Ndidi is obviously better than Kante)

63% of duels won (Kante had 46%)

vs Chelsea: 1 header won, 3 tackles won, 4 interceptions, 3 clearances

vs Southampton: 1 key pass, 1 dribble, 7 headers won, 6 tackles won, 1 interceptions, 4 clearances

In terms of tackles won, intereceptions and clearances those are Kante level stats so far.

The biggest flaw is passing: 65,5% vs Southampton (but look at the stats - only Musa had over 70%) and 77,8% vs Chelsea (still among the best passers for Leicester which basically shows how terrible the team is playing)

I'm currently reading Gabriele Marcotti's book on Claudio. Apparently Claudio was dead keen on bringing Xabi Alonso to Juve during his time there but the board had other ideas. He's retiring at the end of the season I believe, get him in as a coach to work on Ndidi's (and the whole team's) passing, that's what I say!

6 hours ago, age2710 said:

I'm very happy to see that you guys understand that is not easy for him to come into a team that does not so well at the moment ( no offense), and that you all see his potential and are willing to give him time to get used to the level of the premier league. In belgian media we saw a lot of negative tweets coming from england about his last 2 performances so im very relieved to read these positive posts here.

edit: some of the negative tweets after the Chelsea Game : http://www.voetbal24.be/news/leicester-city-moet-onmiddellijk-de-20-miljoen-euro-aan-genk-terugeisen-voor-ndidi?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Obviously we're playing shit as a team at the minute but Ndidi definitely looks class. He'll be a success in the premier league comfortably.

• 2 weeks later...

In a game of typical shite, Ndidi was outstanding today. So many interceptions, some good passing, solid heading, some lovely dribbles and I was loving the hand gestures where he was asking his team mates to make some fudgin angles so he can do it himself.

Yep we were shite but today the player who hasnt got the hang over of last season was outstanding.

Archived