Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

5 hours ago, davieG said:

Wilfred Ndidi insists there is “something special” about Leicester City and believes the club will keep hold of their star players.

The 20-year-old has quickly established himself as a key member of Leicester’s first-choice line-up following his £16million move in January.

So impressive have his performances been that there has already been speculation that City will face a battle to hold on to the Nigeria international in the summer.

Kasper Schmeichel and Riyad Mahrez have also been linked with moves away in recent weeks, but Ndidi believes City will keep the squad together despite being unable to offer European football next season following their Champions League exit at the hands of Atletico Madrid.

“I think our best players will stay,” said Ndidi. “I am very happy here, it is more than I expected.

“I’ve not known a team like Leicester before, we are something special. The team is doing good now and we are happy about it.”

Ndidi has been active in killing off speculation about his future. Earlier this month, reports from Nigeria claimed to have quoted Ndidi’s agent as saying the midfielder would leave if Manchester United came knocking.

Ndidi took to Twitter to quash the speculation, saying he had never heard of the agent who was quoted and insisted he was “200 per cent behind Leicester”.

City captain Wes Morgan also believes the squad will stay together, saying that “everyone loves it” at the club.

What a contrast this is to the end of last season! I believe that one of Ranieri's first mistakes was to announce that he'd allow anyone to leave if they wanted to. If we can keep this squad together and sign some quality young players I feel like we will have a bright future under Shakey.

24 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

What a contrast this is to the end of last season! I believe that one of Ranieri's first mistakes was to announce that he'd allow anyone to leave if they wanted to. If we can keep this squad together and sign some quality young players I feel like we will have a bright future under Shakey.

Half the problem with bringing new players in is they basically have to wait for someone to leave before they can get a look in. Players like Keane, a first teamer in the prem, will never come here because we've got to drop either Huth or Morgan and that's not going to happen for the foreseeable future. Ndidi basically only got in because Kante left

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Half the problem with bringing new players in is they basically have to wait for someone to leave before they can get a look in. Players like Keane, a first teamer in the prem, will never come here because we've got to drop either Huth or Morgan and that's not going to happen for the foreseeable future. Ndidi basically only got in because Kante left

If we have Huth and Morgan starting together next season I'll be incredible dissapointed. Keane gets in over Morgan any day of the week. 

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If we have Huth and Morgan starting together next season I'll be incredible dissapointed. Keane gets in over Morgan any day of the week. 

We all want to see better players in but how do you drop the captain I'd like to see us go for sakho but he won't come here and sit on the bench.

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We all want to see better players in but how do you drop the captain I'd like to see us go for sakho but he won't come here and sit on the bench.

It's Wes Morgan ffs, not Lionel Messi. If we want to improve as a club, we need to buy better players than we have already. 

We need a stronger/deeper squad - it's been apparent all season. Who gets in, and who doesn't, will best be judged by performances although the way some people dismiss people who've quite clearly performed admirably for us in some situations is laughable.

Many of our players have not only won a Premiership title and gone for most of the second half of a Premiership season at the same level, they've earned us promotion as well and got us through to the Champions League quarter-finals where we were not beaten by a better side but ousted due to a rank provenly-wrong refereeing decision.

Winners don't become awful overnight without a reason.  

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

If Huth and Morgan can compete next year, it will be them and nobody else. We greatly missed Huth during that second leg against Atletico. If Keane or Maguire want to be back-ups, that's fine. Otherwise, thanks but no thanks. That said, we critically need to beef up the squad with young quality CBs.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Rooney has been dropped by Man Utd and he has had a 10x better career than Morgan. If someone as big and decorated as Rooney can be dropped then so can anyone in our squad. 

1 hour ago, Thracian said:

We need a stronger/deeper squad - it's been apparent all season. Who gets in, and who doesn't, will best be judged by performances although the way some people dismiss people who've quite clearly performed admirably for us in some situations is laughable.

Many of our players have not only won a Premiership title and gone for most of the second half of a Premiership season at the same level, they've earned us promotion as well and got us through to the Champions League quarter-finals where we were not beaten by a better side but ousted due to a rank provenly-wrong refereeing decision.

Winners don't become awful overnight without a reason.  

Don't usually disagree with much in your posts Thracian but really? you can be that certain that we would have won the tie if the pen hadn't been given? 

2 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Enter Matty James.

Why do people keep going on about Matt James? Is there ANY real sign of him ever regaining proper fitness? How long has he been out for now?

Have you any inside info or are you just speculating?

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

Not even in the top 5 best championship CMs. 

Exactly. The player who is clearly crocked, very unfortunately, is being made out to be some sort of Mascherano. Have people forgotten that the 'dream team' of Cambiclasso and James were at the heart of a midfield that has us rooted to the bottom of the division for three quarters of the season?

Clearly yes.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why do people keep going on about Matt James? Is there ANY real sign of him ever regaining proper fitness? How long has he been out for now?

Have you any inside info or are you just speculating?

He's played the last few months in the championship so I suspect he's fit now col. whether he has regained (or ever will) the levels he had two seasons ago is the question 

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly. The player who is clearly crocked, very unfortunately, is being made out to be some sort of Mascherano. Have people forgotten that the 'dream team' of Cambiclasso and James were at the heart of a midfield that has us rooted to the bottom of the division for three quarters of the season?

Clearly yes.

1. We're talking about back-up for N'didi. We're not going to get a top class player to sit on the bench.

2. James kept Drinkwater out of the team in that year.

3. The same midfield that went on the "great escape" (once we had a decent CB in huth!), won many games in a row and finished 14th?

4. Considering how bad you think Cambiasso was, and he was playing alongside James, then James must have been a bloody amazing player to help carry Cambiasso and still win all those games.

But no, I suppose we could always just sign Kante back to come and sit on the bench as back up. Or persist with Andy King.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Clearly yes.

Said Lee Cattermole's biggest fan.

2 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

1. We're talking about back-up for N'didi. We're not going to get a top class player to sit on the bench.

2. James kept Drinkwater out of the team in that year.

3. The same midfield that went on the "great escape" (once we had a decent CB in huth!), won many games in a row and finished 14th?

4. Considering how bad you think Cambiasso was, and he was playing alongside James, then James must have been a bloody amazing player to help carry Cambiasso and still win all those games.

But no, I suppose we could always just sign Kante back to come and sit on the bench as back up. Or persist with Andy King.

Yes, but I was asking you...do you know if James will ever get fit again. You and others are suggesting a player who hasn't featured in the first team for an awfully long time. Are you just hoping he'll get back, or do you know something?

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Yes, but I was asking you...do you know if James will ever get fit again. You and others are suggesting a player who hasn't featured in the first team for an awfully long time. Are you just hoping he'll get back, or do you know something?

He has 15 appearances for Barnsley this season. Can't be that unfit.

I suspect he knows that James has been playing at Barnsley for a few months now where a quick glance at their forums suggests their fans consider him indispensable to their starting 11.

Are you aware he is at Barnsley and been pretty much an ever present there the past few months? As well as that he's been getting impressive reviews from the management and fans.

That'd indicate he's probably pretty fit or at the very least, almost there

Archived