Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
age2710

Wilfred Ndidi

If I read this topic can't say I was wrong when you signed him. He's a terrific player, and such a nice person. Our clubtv came to Leicester and interviewed him, mostly about his time in Genk but also about his start in Leicester and how he sees his future. It's in English so I think you guys will understand (jk).

Hope you guys have a better season next year, but after the title last year and Champions league this year, I don't think anyone's complaining. Genk still has one or two more games to reach UEFA-cup, starting this saturday in a local derby against Sint Truiden. 

We had a similar season, we didn't qualify in the top 6 by 1 point (we've got play-offs) and now we're playing the final of play-off 2 for a game against the 4th in play-off 1 with a UEFA-ticket on the line.  So we dissapointed in the league altough press and opponents say we've played the best football in Belgium. But a crap coach cost us lots of points before Christmas. We did do good in Europe, a quarter-final is the furthest we ever got in Europe.

Oh yeah, if your management screws up and should sell Ndiddi, don't come knocking for Berge, I want to keep on to that gem for a little bit longer.

9 hours ago, brucey said:

Leicester City midfielder Wilfred Ndidi could miss out on Friday's friendly against Corsica after he missed his flight.

The central midfielder is currently stuck in Nigeria, having travelled to his homeland following the end of the 2016-2017 season.

Ndidi is expected to fly with other Super Eagles players and officials to Paris for their next match against Togo on June 1.

HahahahhaHahahahaha

2 hours ago, genkfan said:

If I read this topic can't say I was wrong when you signed him. He's a terrific player, and such a nice person. Our clubtv came to Leicester and interviewed him, mostly about his time in Genk but also about his start in Leicester and how he sees his future. It's in English so I think you guys will understand (jk).

Hope you guys have a better season next year, but after the title last year and Champions league this year, I don't think anyone's complaining. Genk still has one or two more games to reach UEFA-cup, starting this saturday in a local derby against Sint Truiden. 

We had a similar season, we didn't qualify in the top 6 by 1 point (we've got play-offs) and now we're playing the final of play-off 2 for a game against the 4th in play-off 1 with a UEFA-ticket on the line.  So we dissapointed in the league altough press and opponents say we've played the best football in Belgium. But a crap coach cost us lots of points before Christmas. We did do good in Europe, a quarter-final is the furthest we ever got in Europe.

Oh yeah, if your management screws up and should sell Ndiddi, don't come knocking for Berge, I want to keep on to that gem for a little bit longer.

Everything that I've heard about Berge has been positive, it looks like he will have a bright future indeed. The quality of players that Genk have produced over the years is amazing. Thank you very much for the interview and I hope your season ends on a high.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Having seen Wilf play about three or four games (when we lost heavily actually...a real baptism of fire for him), I could still see we'd signed a gem. I wouldn't be surprised if his value has already increased by a third.

He reminds me of a young Yaya Toure, except with energy. Huge talent

He seems to be a disarmingly pleasant and humble guy who seems to have fitted into our club like a hand to a tailored glove and clearly has immense talent that can only become more apparent as he works on his weaknesses. A wonderful asset in my view. Even when short of his best form, he's still there to be seen, trying all he can.     

8 hours ago, Thracian said:

He seems to be a disarmingly pleasant and humble guy who seems to have fitted into our club like a hand to a tailored glove and clearly has immense talent that can only become more apparent as he works on his weaknesses. A wonderful asset in my view. Even when short of his best form, he's still there to be seen, trying all he can.     

Agreed, If only we had Cambiaso around to help him in his development. We just need more quality to complement his talent.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Is it just me? Or does anyone else also think Wilf has been pretty dreadful in all his preseason matches?... 

Looks a shadow of the player he was at the end of last season and in danger of losing his starting place to James? 

The shine started to wear off the apple towards the end of last season.  Need a forceful hand to impose on these players and get the best out of them.  Dunno if Shakespeare will be that guy

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Is it just me? Or does anyone else also think Wilf has been pretty dreadful in all his preseason matches?... 

Looks a shadow of the player he was at the end of last season and in danger of losing his starting place to James? 

I thought he was pretty poor towards the end of last season. He gets taken on far too easily at times.

He's a player well worth persisting with though as he's young, should get better and is capable of doing wonderful things.

Do wonder who Shaky will start with though after the Iborra transfer. 

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

With you on this. I also think his tackling stats are a little misleading too. He's quite weak in the tackle at times and really struggles to win the ball cleanly at the first time of asking. Form definitely tailed off at the end of last season too.

Still, a fantasy talent with so much potential but I hope he is rotated a little more.

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

With you on this. I also think his tackling stats are a little misleading too. He's quite weak in the tackle at times and really struggles to win the ball cleanly at the first time of asking. Form definitely tailed off at the end of last season too.

Still, a fantasy talent with so much potential but I hope he is rotated a little more.

All this potential bullshite 

virtually every player we have under 26 is labelled with potential 

they need to start delivering , I don't want potential I want actual talent thats actually delivered 

step up or step out 

26 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

they need to start delivering , I don't want potential I want actual talent thats actually delivered 

step up or step out 

I think it's harsh to say he hasn't delivered- he was excellent for 4 months and one of our best outfield players in the second half of the season. 

He tailed off a bit towards the end of the season, but the vast majority of young players are inconsistent. Ndidi has been remarkably consistent so far, given his age- a couple of average competitive games and a naff pre-season isn't much to worry about in my book.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I think it's harsh to say he hasn't delivered- he was excellent for 4 months and one of our best outfield players in the second half of the season. 

He tailed off a bit towards the end of the season, but the vast majority of young players are inconsistent. Ndidi has been remarkably consistent so far, given his age- a couple of average competitive games and a naff pre-season isn't much to worry about in my book.

I didn't say he hasn't delivered 

I was being general 

we seem to have a gathered a whole load of players with "potential" 

im bit tired of it ... they are grown men and should be delivering now 

I liked him calling out the team for it's poor display against Wolves. A lot of people on here made the excuse about it being Pre-season at least he understood that was a poor performance.

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Played 60 odd games last season. He was bound to tail off. 

I think he's one player who suffers when games are not competitive and slow paced. He thrives in the frantic nature of a game. 

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

I think he looked one of our best 1st half versus Luton. Everyone was poor versus Wolves. He was decent in the Asia trophy.

Against Luton, he played with Iborra and notably Iborra played as the shielding player and Ndidi as the expansive one. In theory he has the raw capabilities to be a box-to-box powerhouse like Yaya Toure in his peak, but needs the chance to play that way with someone else shielding. So that was very interesting to see, although he needs a long run in the side playing that way to nail it IMO.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

I was being general 

Same with any club I suppose- some players start producing, others don't and are moved on. 

Out of our young'uns, I think Gray, Ndidi and Chilwell have big futures. We do seem to hoard younger players who it's quite obvious are not going to cut it our level though- we always have.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

I was being general 

Haha, you sound like you work for the club

2 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

step up or step out 

Bizarre post there Gaelic. If anyone has 'stepped up' it's Wilf. Now IF you're talking about Musa or Amartey..im with ya there.

Archived