Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Wow. Can you possibly be any more of a cvnt? Why are tw@ts like this allowed to breathe or live when kids are being murdered at school.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/456989002

How can you stare someone in the eyes, face to face and say that? Shocking.

Well, at least the well-motivated kids are very clear about what side of the fence he's on. And hey, they're going to be voting age soon!

A bigger turnout across the board almost invariably points to a Dem win - and all of this only makes that more likely.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Well, at least the well-motivated kids are very clear about what side of the fence he's on. And hey, they're going to be voting age soon!

A bigger turnout across the board almost invariably points to a Dem win - and all of this only makes that more likely.

For sure although if you ask me politics is dead on both sides. Thats a whole other story.

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

American right wingers make their British counterparts look positively civilised. What a strange country.

I know, right?

I mean, May et al may have a few pretty nasty things that they do but compared to a big swathe of the American right (backed right now by the current administration) they're cuddly liberals.

I was talking with a guy last night who positively wants a pre-emptive nuclear strike on North Korea right now, for goodness sake. Of course, he dressed it up as "dreadful necessity", but you know...

Guest MattP
8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

American right wingers make their British counterparts look positively civilised. What a strange country.

Americans full stop, not just the right. I mean look at the the lefties over there, they call a women's march or something similar and then in their thousands walk down the street with inflatable vaginas on their head, destroy property and end it with a speech from a celebrity threatening to blow up the Whitehouse, the home of their democracy just because a vote didn't go their way because they selected the only human being in the Western World not imprisioned who could lose an election to Donald Trump- even our lot don't resort to this.

Then after doing all that they accuse others of having mental issues with a completely straight face. It's a country and culture that just seems to do everything to the extreme.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I know, right?

I mean, May et al may have a few pretty nasty things that they do but compared to a big swathe of the American right (backed right now by the current administration) they're cuddly liberals.

I was talking with a guy last night who positively wants a pre-emptive nuclear strike on North Korea right now, for goodness sake. Of course, he dressed it up as "dreadful necessity", but you know...

Christ!

It certainly is a hotbed for some strange views and beliefs. Do they understand how they are viewed by the rest of the world?

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Americans full stop, not just the right. I mean look at the the lefties over there, they call a women's march or something similar and then in their thousands walk down the street with inflatable vaginas on their head, destroy property and end it with a speech from a celebrity threatening to blow up the Whitehouse, the home of their democracy just because a vote didn't go their way because they selected the only human being in the Western World not imprisioned who could lose an election to Donald Trump- even our lot don't resort to this.

Then after doing all that they accuse others of having mental issues with a completely straight face. It's a country and culture that just seems to do everything to the extreme.

lol

This is very fair.

14 minutes ago, MattP said:

There ain't no lefties over here - at least in any organised number in politics, or as most other places would understand them. The American left is about equivalent with the centre in most of Europe - that's how much the Overton window is shifted to the right over here.

I mean, since when is reasonable gun policy and support for gay marriage and abortion a left-wing argument (a few of many issues there) pretty much anywhere else in the OECD?

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Christ!

It certainly is a hotbed for some strange views and beliefs. Do they understand how they are viewed by the rest of the world?

They do, but as they are a pretty big place and American exceptionalism is a thing they don't seem to care. Biggest and best, backed by God, you see.

Edited by leicsmac

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Some marvelous tweets in the past few days.  Gold.

You know, I'm reminded of something at this point - I think it was @MattP who actually discussed the idea first of whoever winning in 2016 facing an utter shitshow and it all coming tumbling down on them, their administration and their party.

We'll never know if the Dems/Hillary would have turned out differently, but there seems to be more and more merit to that as time goes on. I'm sure that Hillary didn't want to lose, but inadvertently the Dems might have played a blinder here.

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Christ!

I've met a few that do, but in the main, they neither know nor care.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

You know, I'm reminded of something at this point - I think it was @MattP who actually discussed the idea first of whoever winning in 2016 facing an utter shitshow and it all coming tumbling down on them, their administration and their party.

We'll never know if the Dems/Hillary would have turned out differently, but there seems to be more and more merit to that as time goes on. I'm sure that Hillary didn't want to lose, but inadvertently the Dems might have played a blinder here.

Matt did say that, but about the UK election, iirc.

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Matt did say that, but about the UK election, iirc.

Do think I remember him saying it about the US ones, too.

It certainly seems to be turning out that way, anyhow. Goodness only knows what it'll all lead to.

12 hours ago, leicsmac said:

There ain't no lefties over here - at least in any organised number in politics, or as most other places would understand them. The American left is about equivalent with the centre in most of Europe - that's how much the Overton window is shifted to the right over here.

I mean, since when is reasonable gun policy and support for gay marriage and abortion a left-wing argument (a few of many issues there) pretty much anywhere else in the OECD?

They do, but as they are a pretty big place and American exceptionalism is a thing they don't seem to care. Biggest and best, backed by God, you see.

Another reason I don't cross  the border lol.