Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

I didn't expect Obama to get rid of Assad, just make it abundantly clear there would be consequences if he broke international law. 

Any action is pointless now, the opposition has been gassed, Assad is going to win and Russia is again aakor player in the Middle East. Dangerous times ahead.

The West has totally taken its eye off the ball and lost its position of power in that critical region. The geopolitical ramifications will be felt for decades, especially as Iraq is also pivoting towards Russia now. It's a primary reason the UK and others simply won't be angering Saudi Arabia any time soon. We are running out of friends in the region and losing influence.

Edited by Beechey

28 minutes ago, Beechey said:

The West has totally taken its eye off the ball and lost its position of power in that critical region. The geopolitical ramifications will be felt for decades, especially as Iraq is also pivoting towards Russia now. It's a primary reason the UK and others simply won't be angering Saudi Arabia any time soon. We are running out of friends in the region and losing influence.

Ain't realpolitik a cvnt? :thumbup:

• Like 1

UK orders subs toward Syria for possible missile strikes: Telegraph

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-britain-submarin/uk-orders-subs-toward-syria-for-possible-missile-strikes-telegraph-idUSKBN1HI34Q

Tomahawk strikes it is. I mean at least we will see how the Astute-class operates in land strikes if nothing good comes of this.

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

UK orders subs toward Syria for possible missile strikes: Telegraph

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-britain-submarin/uk-orders-subs-toward-syria-for-possible-missile-strikes-telegraph-idUSKBN1HI34Q

Tomahawk strikes it is. I mean at least we will see how the Astute-class operates in land strikes if nothing good comes of this.

Kill a few Russians and it might not just be the Astute-class having to warm up their missile slots.

Just now, leicsmac said:

Kill a few Russians and it might not just be the Astute-class having to warm up their missile slots.

I think the real danger of escalation here is if anyone uses aircraft, because if Russia does opt to shoot missiles down, it's not inconceivable that they might attack an aircraft, accidentally or not.

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I think the real danger of escalation here is if anyone uses aircraft, because if Russia does opt to shoot missiles down, it's not inconceivable that they might attack an aircraft, accidentally or not.

That I agree with. Or (as I touched on in the main pol thread) the US and UK not letting the Russians know where a missile is coming down and a bunch of them getting killed on account of it.

This is what I'm saying - it doesn't take much to escalate this to real problems. And after those real problems, no one left is going to give two shits about whether or not Han or Greedo shot first.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Glad someone is keeping track of my personal hobby horse regarding people being twats to each other. :thumbup:

The Weltpolitik counter is lagging behind nowadays

• Haha 1

On 11/04/2018 at 17:27, MattP said:

If Obama had stuck to his red lines and not been so impotent we wouldn't be standing here watching children get gassed now.

Unfortunately Assad and Putin know he was weak and full of shit and they could end up in this position of dominance because of it. 

You can't blame Trump for that no matter how much you want to.

Obama didn't stick to his red line for good reason. Pulitzer prize winning author Seymour Hersh covers all the details in his book "The red line and the rat line"

Guest FriendlyRam

So much dirt on him its unreal 

Even Alex Jones and his mob are starting to subtly change their tone regarding Trump as well, just the other night Alex Jones was saying he was going to drop Trump "like an old shoe" if he went "sideways" (whatever that means)

If Trump loses the Alex Jones loonies he's effectively nothing. 

This feels a rushed and botched job, with no plan on what the final outcome is or consideration on what the counter response may be. 

It has to be about Russia as much as Syria for me - but there is something to be said for holding the moral high ground.

Bombing Damascus just means Russia / Syria can present the propaganda they want about the US, France and us. 

And if there is a slither of believable truth that ISIS have launched a counter offensive in the region as a result - well we all look even more foolish.

This wasn’t needed now... it could have waited. Cool heads prevail ? 

4 hours ago, Mr Mister said:

As much as I hate that disgrace of a man, he seems to be getting something going with North Korea.

Maybe bad hair do's and megalomania is something they have in common and peeps often need a common place to begin conversing :ph34r:lol