Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

51 minutes ago, MattP said:

But surely the desire go overturn the election by any means necessary is a source of embarrassment?

One comment on this page says "we need to get some charges on him" - actually what needs to happen is for due process and the rule of law to take place.

How many members of Trump's campaign need to plead guilty to federal crimes before you consider that this investigation is legitimate? George Papadopoulos, Rick Gates, Michael Flynn, Michael Cohen, etc. have already plead guilty. In addition, if Paul Manafort accepts a pardon from Trump, that is by definition an admission of guilt. 

It's naive to think that this special counsel investigation is a partisan scheme to topple an innocent man. This is much more consistent with how a law enforcement agency investigates a criminal organization. 

It will be interesting to see what happens next. My guess is that Jared Kushner and Eric Trump will be indicted, as they were at the Trump Tower meeting with Russian spies. That will likely be the last straw, before Trump forces the acting Attorney General, Matthew Whitaker, to fire Rosenstein and Mueller, and end the investigation. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MattP said:

But surely the desire go overturn the election by any means necessary is a source of embarrassment?

One comment on this page says "we need to get some charges on him" - actually what needs to happen is for due process and the rule of law to take place.

No it doesn’t. 

The poster was talking about getting state charges on Manafort to prevent Trump from pardoning him as a reward for him not testifying against him. 

On 27/11/2018 at 14:48, Detroit Blues said:

Need to get some state charges on him, so that Trump can't pardon them.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MattP said:

Were there no fire to the smoke then I'd likely agree with this...however, as others have described, there does seem to be a decent amount of fire from the indictments being handed down.

Due process and the rule of law are taking place - Mueller is just taking his time working his way through and up, as he should.

12 hours ago, Detroit Blues said:

It's naive to think that this special counsel investigation is a partisan scheme to topple an innocent man. This is much more consistent with how a law enforcement agency investigates a criminal organization. 

It will be interesting to see what happens next. My guess is that Jared Kushner and Eric Trump will be indicted, as they were at the Trump Tower meeting with Russian spies. That will likely be the last straw, before Trump forces the acting Attorney General, Matthew Whitaker, to fire Rosenstein and Mueller, and end the investigation.

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Were there no fire to the smoke then I'd likely agree with this...however, as others have described, there does seem to be a decent amount of fire from the indictments being handed down.

Due process and the rule of law are taking place - Mueller is just taking his time working his way through and up, as he should.

I haven't made a comment either way on presumption or innocence or guilt. I'm saying due process has to take place.

What I find strange is the desire to see charges against someone, that's the difference - I've not seen this sort of thing in politics since George Bush was around.

This has been happening since pretty much day one of his tenure. 

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

What I find strange is the desire to see charges against someone, that's the difference

But I presume you find it ok to investigate the suspicions of wrong doing?

Mueller would appear to be proceeding with all due care and attention. It seems professional and methodical as far as I can tell (which, obviously, is not very far!) There's always noise around an investigation but one can ignore that and wait for the investigations to reach their conclusion. It wouldn't at all surprise me if there's nothing that can be sufficiently substantiated. Trump can be prosecuted where he has transgressed - but however questionable his character (and make no mistake I think him a dangerous, pompous and self-opinionated bigot), one's character traits are not, in themselves, against the law. 

5 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

But I presume you find it ok to investigate the suspicions of wrong doing?

Mueller would appear to be proceeding with all due care and attention. It seems professional and methodical as far as I can tell (which, obviously, is not very far!) There's always noise around an investigation but one can ignore that and wait for the investigations to reach their conclusion. It wouldn't at all surprise me if there's nothing that can be sufficiently substantiated. Trump can be prosecuted where he has transgressed - but however questionable his character (and make no mistake I think him a dangerous, pompous and self-opinionated bigot), one's character traits are not, in themselves, against the law. 

Of course, investigation and due process is extremely important. You only have to look back to the Kavanaugh case to see how close you can come to seeing this fall.

There are clearly things that need to be investigated, it's the desire from people to see him removed from day one that I don't like, they think they are, but these people are actually no better than the Trump supporters who chanted "lock her up" at his rallies, they just do it in a more subtle and intelligible way.

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

There are clearly things that need to be investigated, it's the desire from people to see him removed from day one that I don't like, they think they are, but these people are actually no better than the Trump supporters who chanted "lock her up" at his rallies, they just do it in a more subtle and intelligible way.

People will always think things, and other people will disagree. So long as those thoughts and words don't become violent then I have no real complaints.

Personally, I hate the baying of a self-righteous crowd - be they Republicans or Corbyn loving Momentum lefties (or even football fans for that matter) - but it's just an expression of belief. I'm intimidated by it because I dislike individuals being pumped up like that, being victims of a crowd hysteria. As individuals, I don't feel they can control that energy and that frightens me. They become capable of, and feel entitled to do, all manner of things. But I don't necessarily disagree with the core belief, it's just how it's expressed that concerns me. In short, the problem - in that respect and in as much as it is a problem - is mine. I feel people ought be able to express their beliefs (even those wanting Trump out for any reason) in any legal manner available - even when I feel uncomfortable about that. Personally, I just wish they'd form a nice orderly line and wait their turn to speak ;)     

7 hours ago, MattP said:

I want to read minds - some of the faces here are incredible.

Saw this earlier today  and i was laughing. Credit to obama always a classy guy. 

Trump looks like an angry twatfaced troll. How can melania love that face ramming her. No morals lol

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Wow. Kevin Hart got butchered super quick by a tweet made a decade ago. Damn. :blink:

Is there some sort of secret SJW body that now goes around checking all the social media accounts of anyone who gets a job in the media?

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

Is there some sort of secret SJW body that now goes around checking all the social media accounts of anyone who gets a job in the media?

Got to be a legion of them, getting through 10 years worth of tweets in a couple of days is amazing stuff tbh.