Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

5 hours ago, Buce said:

Manafort plea deal off:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/26/paul-manafort-plea-deal-russia-investigation-mueller-lies

This really stinks.

He's clearly been promised a pardon from Trump if he keeps his mouth shut.

Perhaps, though I think Trump wading in with a pardon there will do nothing other than make him look guilty. Unless he feels he can skate over that?

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps, though I think Trump wading in with a pardon there will do nothing other than make him look guilty. Unless he feels he can skate over that?

Yeah, but appearances don’t bother Trump whereas Manafort’s testimony could potentially sink him. 

And Manafort was facing 10 years even with a plea deal - at his age, that might as well be life. 

7 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, but appearances don’t bother Trump whereas Manafort’s testimony could potentially sink him. 

And Manafort was facing 10 years even with a plea deal - at his age, that might as well be life. 

Manaforts testimony could well sink him, but then so could pardoning him in a Nixonesque gesture.

That being said, considering what he's managed to get by with so far it wouldn't surprise me that he'd think this would work.

How can this man still be President? How can he get away with what he is doing? Is there anything good about him, that people like about him, that makes him worthy of remaining in office?

Because for all of the things he's done, he should have been removed from office a long time ago.

• Like 1

There are probably people that want to remove Trump, and are working towards it. However, it would have to be done carefully. Whatever some/many people think, he was elected and continues to have strong and vocal support. You don't just trample all over that - not without consequences anyway. I think he'll serve his full term.

19 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

How can this man still be President? How can he get away with what he is doing? Is there anything good about him, that people like about him, that makes him worthy of remaining in office?

Because for all of the things he's done, he should have been removed from office a long time ago.

He's great material for the satirists. That's about all.

3 hours ago, Mr Mister said:

Because he was elected to serve a four year term.

Because he was elected to do those things.

We'll find out in 2020 if he stands again, who knows?

He really shouldn't, we don't just remove people because we don't like them in democratic nations.

4 hours ago, FoxNotFox said:

There are probably people that want to remove Trump, and are working towards it. However, it would have to be done carefully. Whatever some/many people think, he was elected and continues to have strong and vocal support. You don't just trample all over that - not without consequences anyway. I think he'll serve his full term.

Regardless of what I think of this administration, this is important. If he's going to got rid of, it does need to be done right.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46361369

In other news, the election stuff is concluded - finishes with a Repub gain of 2 in the Senate.

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Regardless of what I think of this administration, this is important. If he's going to got rid of, it does need to be done right.

Is there not at least a small sense of embarrassment from his opponents over the way they have tried to find anything to remove an elected official like they never have before?

Is this now going to happen everytime a Republican is voted in as President because they can't stand the fact others vote for things different to what they want? 

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Is there not at least a small sense of embarrassment from his opponents over the way they have tried to find anything to remove an elected official like they never have before?

Is this now going to happen everytime a Republican is voted in as President because they can't stand the fact others vote for things different to what they want? 

Oh Matt, we’ve got a US President involved in degradation of women, murky tax and business deals, murky ethical practices foreign and domestic and subject to ongoing FBI investigations and you still find a way to suggest the embarrassment should be shifted toward these other people that threaten democracy! If he’s going to be removed of course it should be done lawfully.

It does appear like you just keep saying how you could never endorse these republican/conservative politicians because of one thing then spend the year defending them and casting a light on anything left wing that takes the focus away from their unethical behaviours!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattP said:

TBH I think that it has never happened before on this scale is telling and a measure of how this Repub leader is different to other Repub leaders.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

TBH I think that it has never happened before on this scale is telling and a measure of how this Repub leader is different to other Repub leaders.

But surely the desire go overturn the election by any means necessary is a source of embarrassment?

One comment on this page says "we need to get some charges on him" - actually what needs to happen is for due process and the rule of law to take place.