Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

President Trump & the USA

4 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

A 4chan special? Looks like their style.

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Personal insults aren't an effective way to make political points, as I observed yesterday. Tbh, they say more about the person saying them than they do about the recipient.  

I agree. However...

8 hours ago, String fellow said:

Iran has 1000s of Hoveyzey long-range cruise missiles and Khoramshahr medium-range ballistic missiles aimed at Israel, and is well advanced in its weapons-grade uranium enrichment program. If its population is indeed lacking the things you mention, maybe it's partly because of their enormous expenditure on those weapons, rather than on essential medicines etc. for its people.

It is a mite tricky to get hold of such essential supplies when sanctions are in effect, unless you make them yourself. Additionally, there is a world of difference in the capability required to enrich uranium to 20% U-235 (necessary for nuclear power) and 90% U-235 (essential for weapons) - Iran can certainly do the former, but the latter is a while away yet IMO. Besides, Israel have nuclear weapons of their own, so Iran knows that even if it developed its own "deterrent" any threat of use against Israel would be a bluff, unless every single person in the Iranian leadership is collectively suicidal.

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Oregon senators go into hiding to block progress on a climate change bill.  Democracy in action ladies and gentlemen.

"It's time for the majority party to consider all Oregonians - not just the ones in Portland."

Replace "Oregonians" with "Americans" and that is quite possibly the most hypocritical thing a Repub has said...and that's saying something.

You'd have thought there would be legislation in place so that such votes could go ahead even without a plurality of representatives there given extraordinary circumstances.

Edited by leicsmac

39 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

How about AOC and the likes who blocked aid being sent to the border?

This is the first I'm hearing.  I can't find any articles on it, do you have a source?

15 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Worth watching that video too, trigger warning for any fans of Trump's insane border policies.

What I find surprising about that is how awful she is. I sort of imagine a Trump lawyer arguing that sort of point to at least be pretty smooth. She's just nervously stumbling all over the place. 

It's like watching my missus niece and nephew try and worm out of a telling off and they're 11 and 13.

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

This is the first I'm hearing.  I can't find any articles on it, do you have a source?

It was actually Tim Pool i heard say in a recent yt video about AOC and a couple of other dems blocking it, but havebt read their names anywhere else.

Seems dems have stalled funds for humanitarian aid for political reasons as its part of a package that would also fund Trump' border policies which they disagree with

Still, in doing so they refuse to offer aid in the most expedient manner available

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/182513-2

40 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It was actually Tim Pool i heard say in a recent yt video about AOC and a couple of other dems blocking it, but havebt read their names anywhere else.

Seems dems have stalled funds for humanitarian aid for political reasons as its part of a package that would also fund Trump' border policies which they disagree with

Still, in doing so they refuse to offer aid in the most expedient manner available

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/182513-2

At least it sounds like you can admit that you've put a lot of spin on the story in your previous comment.  The article states that they want to find a compromise but they're not willing to sign off on the deal without taking time to address cruel practices covered by it.  Meanwhile some republicans go into hiding to actually stall progress on an environmental policy and everybody right-of-centre zips their lips in unison.  I wish I could pretend to be surprised.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

What I find surprising about that is how awful she is. I sort of imagine a Trump lawyer arguing that sort of point to at least be pretty smooth. She's just nervously stumbling all over the place. 

It's like watching my missus niece and nephew try and worm out of a telling off and they're 11 and 13.

Behavioural demonstrations on a par with young children has become a bit of a hallmark of this administration.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

At least it sounds like you can admit that you've put a lot of spin on the story in your previous comment.  The article states that they want to find a compromise but they're not willing to sign off on the deal without taking time to address cruel practices covered by it.  Meanwhile some republicans go into hiding to actually stall progress on an environmental policy and everybody right-of-centre zips their lips in unison.  I wish I could pretend to be surprised.

I was just regurgutating something Pool said. Not spin at all. Just ignorant of the full facts :) Ask Tim Pool anyway, he is definitely not right wing but he will be soon like everyone else who is bored to tears of denouncement politics and fantasy villains and solutions

I dont believe the practises at the border are cruel on purpose, seems conditions are a consequence of the number of migrants

I just dont think its a case of evil trump and thats that. 

I heard one bloke was detained there with a kid that turned out not to be his kid. Was using him as an asylum prop if you like. Lots of people doing lots of questionable shit all over this problem, including some of the migrants no doubt, putting children at risk.

Oh bugger, ol'Pool didnt let me down. Done a video with more detail.

"Not one dollar" AOC

Genuinely interested in your take on his take on this.

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

14 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

How about AOC and the likes who blocked aid being sent to the border?

13 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

There's a clash between Congress and Senate, with two different and somewhat opposing proposals flying around, a Republican one (Senate) and Democrat one (Congress).

The Democrats want to dish out more money to Central American countries, whereas the Republican document focuses on US-specific issues on their side of the border.

It's unclear whether this issue will be resolved before the 4th of July recess:

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/scheduling/449958-this-week-congress-set-for-clash-on-trumps-border-request

Edited by MC Prussian

12 hours ago, Buce said:

Yep, banning Trump supporters from a knitting website will prevent white supremacists from gathering and conspiring. :appl:

Virtue-signaling at its best.

What a story.

Meanwhile, in China...

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Oh bugger, ol'Pool didnt let me down. Done a video with more detail.

"Not one dollar" AOC

Genuinely interested in your take on his take on this.

I don't have time to watch and get back to you right now but I'll try to sometime later or tomorrow, in the meantime perhaps you could see if youtube will give you an opinion on the gop senators playing hide and seek.

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't have time to watch and get back to you right now but I'll try to sometime later or tomorrow, in the meantime perhaps you could see if youtube will give you an opinion on the gop senators playing hide and seek.

It depends on the algo. 50-50

Wish i could draw opinions from the ether like you

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

It depends on the algo. 50-50

Wish i could draw opinions from the ether like you

I've provided a link to the bbc article on it on the previous page, that would be a good place to start :)

Anyway gotta dash, I'll look at your video when I can.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2019 at 20:47, Carl the Llama said:

Oregon senators go into hiding to block progress on a climate change bill.  Democracy in action ladies and gentlemen.

I really will need a yt vid to form a proper opinion on this lol

Im not sure the full implications of what those repubs are doing but on first glance it seems pretty wrong and cowardly to just bail instead of taking part in the democratic process.

Dont know the fineries of american politics, dont know why that guy said this Democrat bill ignores oregon and only focuses on Portland, either they accept the process in place or not...?

Beyond my ken this one. I also dont know the economical ramifications of the bill, though thats not the point really is it? The democratic process being subverted is the point. I doubt they'd like that if the shoe was on the other foot

Is there a legitimate argument they should not be sending police to force the senators to participate in passing a bill they see as wrong?

Genuine question. I dont know if they are simply obliged to be there and should just do it. Maybe they should.  Im not familiar  with the make up of that political landscape and whats reprehensible or not

4 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Is there a legitimate argument they should not be sending police to force the senators to participate in passing a bill they see as wrong?

Genuine question. I dont know if they are simply obliged to be there and should just do it. Maybe they should.  Im not familiar  with the make up of that political landscape and whats reprehensible or not

It's a good question and frankly it's probably only the lawyers who know the answer.

In any case, as you say it's cowardly and a subversion of the democratic process, the fact that yet again the Repubs are choosing short term $$$ over the future of the planet notwithstanding.