Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Hair when you start to get old

5 hours ago, Watson said:

I'm 22 and it's receding at the front on both sides and little bit on my (double) crown. Literally nobody I've met in my family is bald so it's just my luck. Dunno how long I'm gonna get away with covering it but it really pisses me off. 

My mate who has it bad is taking finasteride which stops it but has some terrible potential side effects!

When I was 22 I was convinced I'd have none by the time I was 24 but from what you've just said I seem to be at the same stage as you are now. Once it starts going it never seems to stop :blush: each hair cut gets more depressing haha.

All men in my family are bald! Every single one! There's hope for my son though. His mums dad had a full head of hair before he died so I'm convinced he'll keep his plus he was born with a full head of hair. 

16 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

It bothers me going bald. I remember when I was a kid, balding blokes went for the ridiculous comb over. I however have gone for the modern version of this, which is the equally ridiculous cone. 

Struggling to find a decent solution, because there isn't one.

Did look at a transplant, but results are at best sketchy and so don't want to do something that could potentially put me in a worse position. If it was guaranteed I would do it, but it's clearly not when you see results and as an example, it looks like Rooney's hasn't been a plain sailing job. 

The thing that gets me is when you see old blokes with full heads of hair with crap styles. I'd pay fortunes to be able to have their hair yet they don't appreciate it.

Currently know a number 2 is around the corner, but am resisting it. 

I know your pain! I'd kill to have my hair like I did when I was 18 and could get away with any style! Now I'm restricted to the one which  is extremely short back and sides with long hair on top all going over to the left side as that's where I'm receding most! 

Ive seen a lot of dodgy transplant results but then some good ones such as Callum bests and Kyle from geordie shores! They're in fairness pretty impressive transplants! No idea how much they paid though.

5 hours ago, lee7 said:

I know your pain! I'd kill to have my hair like I did when I was 18 and could get away with any style! Now I'm restricted to the one which  is extremely short back and sides with long hair on top all going over to the left side as that's where I'm receding most! 

Ive seen a lot of dodgy transplant results but then some good ones such as Callum bests and Kyle from geordie shores! They're in fairness pretty impressive transplants! No idea how much they paid though.

Not sure it's how much you pay, that's the concern. I remember Francis Rossi of Status Quo being in a hair transplant advert, and he is bald. Then there is the two players who play /played for Celtic. 

I am aware of an ex Leicester player who had it done, and he now has a shaved head, and he is only in his thirties.

Seems to me the results are dependent on the person and not what you spend.

Brand new car for £30k or a decent head of hair. I know which one I would choose. But I am not sure you can guarantee the results with the hair. 

27 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Not sure it's how much you pay, that's the concern. I remember Francis Rossi of Status Quo being in a hair transplant advert, and he is bald. Then there is the two players who play /played for Celtic. 

I am aware of an ex Leicester player who had it done, and he now has a shaved head, and he is only in his thirties.

Brand new car for £30k or a decent head of hair. I know which one I would choose. But I am not sure you can guarantee the results with the hair. 

I know Callum best had transplants at 6k a time. Think he's now spent 20ish thousand! 

Ideally I would like to spend no where near that amount on my stupid hair lol

but as you say I do not think there is any guarantee. 

If only it was 6k and that was job done I would be there now waiting for a transplant haha

36 & receding at the front abit. No greys yet, I shave my head every week with no guard but tbh I can't say I've lost any sleep worrying about what other people think about my barnet. 

You could get some of that spray that Eva Longoria uses??

6 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

My mate has done quite a bit of research into it and says that he is pretty keen to get one done. I would guess that standards are improving with technology but haven't read up on it enough. I would probably consider it. I wouldn't mind being bald when I'm in my 40s but when you're so young it's pretty shit and something you don't think about until you realise it might actually happen.

• 4 months later...

Thought I'd bump this thread back into life lol

My hair seems to go from bad to worse. I thought having the 'M' shaped hairline was bad enough but I've now noticed it's going at the back too & at a considerable rate! Worrying times :sweating:

13 minutes ago, lee7 said:

My hair seems to go from bad to worse. I thought having the 'M' shaped hairline was bad enough but I've now noticed it's going at the back too & at a considerable rate! Worrying times :sweating:

Just shave it, be a badass, be confident, rock it. Besides the odd comment to begin with nobody will give a damn. It's your hair, it has no say on you as a person! 

29 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Use toppik until you're ready to shave it. 

35 minutes ago, Watson said:

Use toppik until you're ready to shave it. 

I've seen this stuff on Facebook. I'm thinking a bit of wind and rain and you'll be caught short haha! 

50 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Just shave it, be a badass, be confident, rock it. Besides the odd comment to begin with nobody will give a damn. It's your hair, it has no say on you as a person! 

I'd look bloody daft with a shaven head or the spit of my old man. Saying that though I'd probably look daft trying to cling on to my ever receeding and thinning hair in time to come. 

I'm fortunate that I'm tanned and my hair is light blonde so at the moment it's harder to tell how bad my hairline is. 

Started thinning/receding in my early 40's. After years of trying to cover it ( and looking like Blakey from 'On The Buses') l went for it and had a number 2 all over. Best thing I've ever done. Didn't really get any comments other than positive ones. Plus, saves a load on hair products ??

Late 20's, crown is very thin and the front corners have almost disappeared. I've found by having it brushed sideways fading into a quiff and not having it cut too short on top it does a reasonable job of pretending there's still a full head of hair there with a reasonable hairline lol.

2 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Started thinning/receding in my early 40's. After years of trying to cover it ( and looking like Blakey from 'On The Buses') l went for it and had a number 2 all over. Best thing I've ever done. Didn't really get any comments other than positive ones. Plus, saves a load on hair products ??

Never would have thought a natural herbal poo would cure baldness.

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Late 20's, crown is very thin and the front corners have almost disappeared. I've found by having it brushed sideways fading into a quiff and not having it cut too short on top it does a reasonable job of pretending there's still a full head of hair there with a reasonable hairline lol.

In case it's of any help to my balding comrades out there...

I started thinning many years ago at the front and on my crown. I managed to cover it well for many years using a couple of products, which I can't recommend enough. They are (1) good quality hair fibres and (2) hair shader/concealer. If you're balding and you haven't used these, then I will go as far as saying they will change your life. If you use the hair shader as a base with the fibres after, then the result is really good and long lasting.

Hair Shader is basically like make up which you put on your scalp and it has the same effect as scalp pigmentation treatment, though temporary and a lot less expensive. In effect, it make your hairs seem less thin and isolated because they sit against a base which is the same colour as them (rather than the colour of skin). The range has always been limited and I have generally used Fidentia https://www.fidentia-hair.de/383/haar-shader/fidentia-concealer.

Having said that, when getting the links to the below I noticed Nanaogen now do their own version, which I imagine is pretty good 

https://www.nanogen.co.uk/aquamatch-waterproof-scalp-concealer.html

Hair Fibres like Nanogen (the best in my opinion) are statically charged and can cling to the finest, almost invisible hairs, which can make an almost bald head look full. https://www.nanogen.co.uk/hair-thickening-fibres.html

If you buy the locking spray for the fibres then they stay in place through wind and rain and only come out when you wash your hair.

https://www.nanogen.co.uk/hair-fibre-locking-spray.html

These products hid my baldness well for a few years, though I finally had a hair transplant last year and, again, that is something I would highly recommend to anyone considering it. If anyone is interested in details let me know and I will post on here...

On 02/08/2017 at 11:56, Houdini Logic said:

I started thinning many years ago at the front and on my crown. I managed to cover it well for many years using a couple of products, which I can't recommend enough. They are (1) good quality hair fibres and (2) hair shader/concealer. If you're balding and you haven't used these, then I will go as far as saying they will change your life. If you use the hair shader as a base with the fibres after, then the result is really good and long lasting.

Hair Shader is basically like make up which you put on your scalp and it has the same effect as scalp pigmentation treatment, though temporary and a lot less expensive. In effect, it make your hairs seem less thin and isolated because they sit against a base which is the same colour as them (rather than the colour of skin). The range has always been limited and I have generally used Fidentia https://www.fidentia-hair.de/383/haar-shader/fidentia-concealer.

Having said that, when getting the links to the below I noticed Nanaogen now do their own version, which I imagine is pretty good 

Hair Fibres like Nanogen (the best in my opinion) are statically charged and can cling to the finest, almost invisible hairs, which can make an almost bald head look full. https://www.nanogen.co.uk/hair-thickening-fibres.html

If you buy the locking spray for the fibres then they stay in place through wind and rain and only come out when you wash your hair.

These products hid my baldness well for a few years, though I finally had a hair transplant last year and, again, that is something I would highly recommend to anyone considering it. If anyone is interested in details let me know and I will post on here...

Cheers for the info.

How old were you when you had the transplant? Have you had to take finasteride as that's not something I'm keen on at all?

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:56, Houdini Logic said:

5 minutes ago, Watson said:

Cheers for the info.

How old were you when you had the transplant? Have you had to take finasteride as that's not something I'm keen on at all?

There's only one product you need, guys.

razor.jpg.717d4f0ba427dc4c3a0eb7f70065baf5.jpg

On 02/08/2017 at 11:56, Houdini Logic said:

Thanks for this - never heard of anything like this and just ordered some from Amazon for my bald patch - what a difference!

Archived