Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

48 minutes ago, 49er said:

I saw the first leg. They played against a side at our lowest ebb, with a Manager that was about to be sacked, and only managed a 2-1 win. 

Regarding their recent league form, they are meant to be in the hunt to win the league, so it's not as if they have downed tools and are preparing for the game with us.

Do you seriously believe that Nzonzi, Jovetic and Nasri would cut it in the Premier League? Their level is Stoke, West Brom not Chelsea!

I disagree but I can't  be bothered to get into an arguement with someone who thinks a premier league winning player wouldn't cut it in the premier league and another who will soon be at real, Barca PSG or juve would also not 'cut it'. 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I disagree but I can't  be bothered to get into an arguement with someone who thinks a premier league winning player wouldn't cut it in the premier league and another who will soon be at real, Barca PSG or juve would also not 'cut it'. 

He's right in that most of Sevilla's established players wouldn't get in to top four sides though. 

They've put together a good team but it's also flawed. The likes of Sarabia have been floating around for years, always considered a talent but never really at the top level. Age group for Spain whilst a Madrid graduate but just sinks in to mediocrity.

We watched him play and made out he was part of some phenomenally technical, unbeatable Seville side.

He's actually a hugely inconsistent, mentally piss weak journeyman just like Nasri. Ben Yedder and Vietto are raw, unfinished forwards who most people only rave about because of computer games.

Nzonzi is a solid, all round midfielder who is about as his level in the Europa League. He's a top six talent, not really a league winner.

Jovetic is a nomadic forward who's made of glass, rarely settles at a club and usually fails to deliver on his promise because, like the rest, he's just not got the mental toughness to push on.

Vitolo has long been considered one of their better players but suspiciously has never been seriously courted for a move to a bigger side while others like Rakitic have moved on.

They're a good side and we shouldn't assume we're favourites to go through just because we've turned a corner. They're having a great year like we did last year and they are well versed in cup competitions.

But being afraid of them and acting like they're unbeatable is falling in to an enormous trap. We gave them far, far too much respect in the first hour at their place and if we do it again on Tuesday we're out.

But if we go roaring out, blood and thunder, get in to them and score early? Yeah why not.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's right in that most of Sevilla's established players wouldn't get in to top four sides though. 

They've put together a good team but it's also flawed. The likes of Sarabia have been floating around for years, always considered a talent but never really at the top level. Age group for Spain whilst a Madrid graduate but just sinks in to mediocrity.

We watched him play and made out he was part of some phenomenally technical, unbeatable Seville side.

He's actually a hugely inconsistent, mentally piss weak journeyman just like Nasri. Ben Yedder and Vietto are raw, unfinished forwards who most people only rave about because of computer games.

Nzonzi is a solid, all round midfielder who is about as his level in the Europa League. He's a top six talent, not really a league winner.

Jovetic is a nomadic forward who's made of glass, rarely settles at a club and usually fails to deliver on his promise because, like the rest, he's just not got the mental toughness to push on.

Vitolo has long been considered one of their better players but suspiciously has never been seriously courted for a move to a bigger side while others like Rakitic have moved on.

They're a good side and we shouldn't assume we're favourites to go through just because we've turned a corner. They're having a great year like we did last year and they are well versed in cup competitions.

But being afraid of them and acting like they're unbeatable is falling in to an enormous trap. We gave them far, far too much respect in the first hour at their place and if we do it again on Tuesday we're out.

But if we go roaring out, blood and thunder, get in to them and score early? Yeah why not.

DIsmissing them as if they are some kind of Sunday league pub team won't help though. Not sure I agree with all you have written but at least you have made some in depth comments rather than broad brush type. the part in bold above is relevant. As I posted earlier, a positive start from us and early goal could be just what is needed to knock their confidence. However, they have many years experience of winning two legged European games and will be aware that even going two down before half time will not change too much on the tie overall. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

DIsmissing them as if they are some kind of Sunday league pub team won't help though. Not sure I agree with all you have written but at least you have made some in depth comments rather than broad brush type. the part in bold above is relevant. As I posted earlier, a positive start from us and early goal could be just what is needed to knock their confidence. However, they have many years experience of winning two legged European games and will be aware that even going two down before half time will not change too much on the tie overall. 

The line above the one you quoted I literally just said they're a good team and we're still not favourites to go through.

3 hours ago, 49er said:

I saw the first leg. They played against a side at our lowest ebb, with a Manager that was about to be sacked, and only managed a 2-1 win. 

Regarding their recent league form, they are meant to be in the hunt to win the league, so it's not as if they have downed tools and are preparing for the game with us.

Do you seriously believe that Nzonzi, Jovetic and Nasri would cut it in the Premier League? Their level is Stoke, West Brom not Chelsea!

I'm pretty sure Nzonzi is being chased by Man City and Chelsea lol

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

I'm pretty sure Nzonzi is being chased by Man City and Chelsea lol

Wasn't Llorente linked with Chelsea recently! Man City have previously signed the likes of Delph, Otamendi, Stones, Mangala, Sagna, Bravo ...

3 hours ago, sdb said:

N'Zonzi would walk into any starting XI in the prem. he was class at stoke and has come on leaps and bounds since. He does amble about sometimes but he still looks the part even then. 

He may well be a very good player, but didn't see it based on yesterday's performance or the game against us. Poor man's Pogba?

8 minutes ago, 49er said:

Wasn't Llorente linked with Chelsea recently! Man City have previously signed the likes of Delph, Otamendi, Stones, Mangala, Sagna, Bravo ...

Yes all correct but this season he's been reportedly by many news outlets the best midfielder in La Liga that alone speaks for itself. 

If you think he's coming back to the prem after his performances in Spain to play for a West Brom or a Stoke again then your having a laugh lol

1 hour ago, 49er said:

He may well be a very good player, but didn't see it based on yesterday's performance or the game against us. Poor man's Pogba?

He completely ran the game against us. You can argue about how much he had to play against but to say you saw nothing in Seville which makes you think he is a very good player is puzzling. 

We need to start this game at 100mph. Get right in their faces from the off, pump balls into their box and just generally rough them up. I think the problem with English teams in Europe is that we try to match these possession based foreign teams but fall short. Let's give them something they're not used to

Just had one of 'those' moments. Was throwing the game onto 'record' on BT sport when it offered me 'record once' or 'record series'. Feck!!!! Huge decision. Do you tempt fate and say 'series'. Or knife your team by clicking 'once'. I really hope I haven't jinxed it. And no, im

not telling you ! 

Archived