Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Sevilla (H) Pre-Match Thread

I feel as confident in Vardy as I have done in about a year at the moment. I'm confident we'll score at least once. 

It's the defence I can't seem to make my mind up about. Huth and Morgan are showing signs of improvement but I still don't think thats the best option. 

13 hours ago, brucey said:

"We have a group of analysts who have produced a clear report of what happened in the Ranieri era, and what's happening now with the complete about-turn in morale and how the team is now back to being as dangerous as they were last year," the Sevilla coach said.

"We have modified our plans. Leicester have demonstrated that they will play this game as if it were a World Cup final and we know that by not winning by the margin we deserved in the first match we're going to be under a lot of pressure and that if we don't go for it it'll be an uphill battle."

:unsure:

Baldrick.jpg

16 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I didn't realise Sevilla are playing on Saturday, albeit the fifth from bottom club, with a heavily rotated team I'd expect. They're only four point from the top, too, or six points if Real win their next match, with 12 games left to play.

They play leganes today then athletico madrid nxt week so can they afford to rotate to much? I got a good feeling about tuesday :thumbup:

The players after having a break should be calm and relaxed and really up for this game. we just need the team to play to it's full potential and hopefully not freeze on the big occasion. we need to be up for it from the start with Vardy and others pressing Sevilla as much as they can and getting our wide players running down the wings and putting crosses into the box at every opportunity. we need our defenders to stand firm and not let their players get an inch of freedom. 

Sevilla's plan will be to try to isolate and expose our central defenders and get them on one on one situations and we can't allow that to happen!. we need to cover Morgan and Huth as much as possible and not leave them exposed and Ndidi needs to do more defensive work as well as the full backs and the wide players so the defence is covered from around the pitch. let's really get behind the team on Tuesday and be the twelfth man and make miracles happen again!

Just to clarify, for the sake of it, that article is wrongly translated. I translated it from the original Spanisht article and the statement from Sampaoli is as below:

"They have changed the mentality and have the fighting spirit back" and it is not "We have modified our plans", which doesn't make much sense after all because Sevilla plays the same vs. Real Madrid and Barca just as vs. Osasuna. Possession is key, while playing it safe is a bonus, just like vs. Lyon and Juve.

I still don't have much in the way of expectation for this match as they are the better side by a decent margin and should win. However, play like we did against Liverpool and you never know...

You guys should play Slimani, he is one of the most experienced in UCL, in Sporting he played UCL in 2 consecutive seasons. And besides that he is better than Okazaki, and all that "Slimani can't play with Vardy" is nonsense, they showed they can play together vs Man City and UCL matches. Slimani is more of a No.9 but he can do the No.10 and actually score goals, and don't fall over everytime he receives the ball like Okazaki does.

1 minute ago, Eagle10 said:

You guys should play Slimani, he is one of the most experienced in UCL, in Sporting he played UCL in 2 consecutive seasons. And besides that he is better than Okazaki.

Musa is also one of the most experienced in CL, but will be lucky to even make the bench.

Slimani will play, but as a sub.

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Musa is also one of the most experienced in CL, but will be lucky to even make the bench.

Slimani will play, but as a sub.

Paying 35 million € to the bench when you play a way worse striker is a bit strange, but the manager has his reasons. After all PL teams have way more money than Portuguese teams.

I feel this will be a tonking regardless, although I'm still not sure which team will be on the receiving side..

Since it doesn't look like it will be raining, can we just pour a load of water on the pitch prior to kick-off instead?

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

I feel this will be a tonking regardless, although I'm still not sure which team will be on the receiving side..

Since it doesn't look like it will be raining, can we just pour a load of water on the pitch prior to kick-off instead?

I think the sprinklers will be in full flow up till the kick off

Archived