Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Champions League quarter-final, first leg (A), pre-match thread: Atlético Madrid - Leicester City FC

47 minutes ago, M0901 said:

I've done this before. Went to Madrid, then Valencia, then Barcelona. High speed trains too and as you say very comfy.

Been to the Calderon twice, easy to get to, metro is pyramides and easily walkable from the centre cava Baja area

Against Bayern or Real you wouldn't have stood a chance imho. Against Atletico it will be really hard but you have some chances to do it. Then, once you reach the semifinals I think you can be happy whatever happens. Congratulations though, the milestones you reached in just two years, without splashing cash, are unreal. And now you have so much money that, if you invest wisely, you can make a step forward and become a permanent top-10 PL club.

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Fantastic and with the second leg at home I can see the semi-final draw now.

"We're on our way".........................to Cardiff!!

Of all the bloody Dream years we're in the champions league and when we get to our Dream champions league final it's in Fuching Cardiff Fuching Cardiff FFS CARDIFF No Bernabau but Cardiff ??

well not far to travel tho !! 

19 minutes ago, Bevilacqua said:

Against Bayern or Real you wouldn't have stood a chance imho. Against Atletico it will be really hard but you have some chances to do it. Then, once you reach the semifinals I think you can be happy whatever happens. Congratulations though, the milestones you reached in just two years, without splashing cash, are unreal. And now you have so much money that, if you invest wisely, you can make a step forward and become a permanent top-10 PL club.

Wow, probably the first Italian in the past three weeks who has neither threatened to quit supporting us nor cursed the entire club for sacking Ranieri.

Incredibly tough as they will probably be the most prepared to stop us rather than just go all out to finish it early on but we have a chance. Can see it being close, an away goal again could prove vital.

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Wow, probably the first Italian in the past three weeks who has neither threatened to quit supporting us nor cursed the entire club for sacking Ranieri.

It was unavoidable. The team had lost faith in Ranieri's teachings (the big question is: why?). You were about to collapse. A team that had won the PL the year before couldn't perform so poorly. It was necessary. Gratitude is important, but short and long term objectives are far more important if you manage a company (and football teams are companies today). Think at what would happen if you got relegated. We're not talking about relegation, we're talking about money. Your owners have shown again not to be stupid. Ranieri has had the time of his life at Leicester, will be always considered a giant by fans, he has earned a lot of money, I'm sure he's not that sad himself. Sometimes parting ways is necessary to both parties, it makes them survive. As for me, I must admit I really like this club. I keep watching games whenever I can. Ranieri drew my attention to this club, but then I started to like the players, the stadium, even the kits.

We should have a thread entitled where I will be instead of at the away game .So far weve had two Las Vegas,Berlin Dubai plus the usual US and Oz .Anyone on the space station

good reception there though.

Personally I expect to be in darkest Littlethorpe.

My son is doing his nut because is missing it all as a temporary guest in HMP this might teach him a lesson.

I have booked 4 flights, mrs and dau in law have gone berserk because of the cost (£422.00 each) so I really probably need to shift 2, I will pay the fee for changing name if anyone is interested.

12.04.17 Stanstead-Madrid 06:25, 13.04.17 Madrid-Stanstead 18:00

1 hour ago, dynamark said:

We should have a thread entitled where I will be instead of at the away game .So far weve had two Las Vegas,Berlin Dubai plus the usual US and Oz .Anyone on the space station

good reception there though.

Personally I expect to be in darkest Littlethorpe.

My son is doing his nut because is missing it all as a temporary guest in HMP this might teach him a lesson.

I booked a family holiday in Algarve Portugal,thinking we aint got a chance of getting this far!!! It's not THAT far from Madrid BUT the family will be mega fecked off if I say I'm just going for a little jog on the beach and not return for a whole day!!!

3 hours ago, Durnerz said:

Try flying to Valencia and getting high speed to Madrid takes 1hr and comfy service

I'm on that train. Not quite as fast as a hour though, more like 1 hour 40 but good all the same.

7 hours ago, ST20 said:

They play Real Madrid 3 days before the first leg...

Scheduled for the 8th. We're scheduled for the 9th against Everton away... But they also play Real Sociedad (currently 4 points behind Atletico) the Tuesday before that game. Although no travel, two tough fixtures, and the possibility that Atletico will be fighting hard for 4th place.

2 hours ago, crsleicester said:

Lots of talk about Flights and costs etc. Listen chaps and chapesses, you will be in front of the box at home for the home leg.

I can't imagine there's too many on here that can justify a European football campaign on part time job in KFC money!

And the award for most sweeping generalisation goes to...

2 hours ago, maddog said:

We were terrible in Sevilla and still scored an away goal.

We'll play much better at Athletico now we're back, so on that basis we're going to score at least one.

I'd be happy with a 2-1 loss again to bring back to the King Power :P

Atletico won't be all out attack though, it's going to be very hard to get a goal against their defence. 

14 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Scheduled for the 8th. We're scheduled for the 9th against Everton away... But they also play Real Sociedad (currently 4 points behind Atletico) the Tuesday before that game. Although no travel, two tough fixtures, and the possibility that Atletico will be fighting hard for 4th place.

And we play Sunderland that same evening in an equally crucial league fixture. 

59 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

I'm on that train. Not quite as fast as a hour though, more like 1 hour 40 but good all the same.

how much did the train cost? We fly into Valencia on the Tuesday, was gonna hire a car, but if the train is reasonable may do that! Ps thanks for helping my drunken self get the flag down the other night ;)

8 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Revenge for what happened 20 years ago!!

Not only that, but the 1961/1962 European Cup Winners Cup. We qualified because Spurs had done the double the previous season, and as losing F.A. Cup finalists, we took their place .We played very wel,l but went out. For me. that was the more memorable occasion.

Can we win this time? We may just have a chance if we can perform at our very best, but I somehow doubt it.

3 hours ago, Bevilacqua said:

Thank you my friend. :thumbup:

Archived