Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Champions League quarter-final, first leg (A), pre-match thread: Atlético Madrid - Leicester City FC

Carrasco and Griezmann are  the danger men. I think we can contain Gameiro.

In the away leg, Albrighton will have an important part to play in helping Fuchs.

Defensively, not brilliant. I don't rate Savic or Juan Fran

10 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Am I the only person who thinks Jamie Vardy, when he has the bit between is teeth is world class? Or at least close?

World class probably not, as much as I love him I think to be world class you need the ability to pull something out of nothing, to single handedly turn a game on its hand by one bit of brilliance, and I think JV is too limited in terms of how the team play and whether it is set up for his terrorising runs and getting on the shoulder. However I think on his day he could have the beating of any world class defender, if the team are set up behind him and his head is in the game he is able to breeze past anyone before they know what's hit them... It all depends what you class as world class I suppose, but for me he needs that consistency where he doesn't need particular situations to thrive and the ability to take a game away from a team without any of his teammates, mahrezesque if you like it. Fvcking love him though, not many others like him I can think of 

Just watched barca and glad we havent got them dont get me wrong it would of bin a brilliant to say we played barca in years to come but watching neymar and messi they are on a different planet to anyone else!!! at the barca we really could of taken a smashing at least against athletico we stand i would say a %20 cance of getting thru weres barca would of bin about %2 

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

For any team, not just ours

True watching neymar tonight i think hes gone up another level if that was even possible unplayable at times same with messi surely we have a better chance against athletico than barca 

1 minute ago, lcfcdamo said:

True watching neymar tonight i think hes gone up another level if that was even possible unplayable at times same with messi surely we have a better chance against athletico than barca 

Yeah maybe in a one off game we could beat barca but they are so good that they will win the second if they have too.

If we play the same way as we did against Sevilla, can't see why we don't have a strong chance.

Also, I think Mahrez is more 'world class' than Vardy - with Mahrez, you don't know what to expect next from him and then he does some incredible movements and ball control. Vardy is very dangerous, and somewhat a rare breed of striker, but he's not as skilful as Mahrez to be considered as world class imo.

I'm just gonna put it out there and say Atletico have been punching way above their weight in the last few years due to having Simeone as boss. 

When he leaves they will not be making any more Champions League finals anytime soon or winning La Liga.

Before Simeone 7th, 9th, 4th, 4th.

With Diego 5th, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 3rd plus two Champions League finals.

We know we can beat the 3rd placed team in any league worldwide over two legs. 

We can take them. We can do them. We are going to make the semi finals. 

18 minutes ago, maddog said:

I'm just gonna put it out there and say Atletico have been punching way above their weight in the last few years due to having Simeone as boss. 

When he leaves they will not be making any more Champions League finals anytime soon or winning La Liga.

Before Simeone 7th, 9th, 4th, 4th.

With Diego 5th, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 3rd plus two Champions League finals.

We know we can beat the 3rd placed team in any league worldwide over two legs. 

We can take them. We can do them. We are going to make the semi finals. 

Don't think it's "punching above their weight". It's a sign of improvement. He's laid the foundations but who's to say another manager can't sustain or build on that. 

That said, I do hope you're right about the last bit. On our day, we are capable!

5 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Am I the only person who thinks Jamie Vardy, when he has the bit between is teeth is world class? Or at least close?

There's no one like Vardy on his day, he scares defenders absolutely shitless

for me its all going to be about who can counter the quickest because both teams play the same way , even last year we were compared to them ! very low possession and fast counter attacks and for this reason for the away leg . 

i would replace wes morgan with benny for two reasons

1. hes quicker and would be able to maybe get closer to griezman who will be a handful 

2. he has decent passing ability from the back giving a extra route out to vardy 

i would also maybe go 4-3-3  and go for the counter in a big way and solid cdms in front of huth and benny 

--------------------------------------kasper-----------------------------------

simpson--------------benny------------------huth-----------------fuchs

-----------amertey---------------drinky------------ndidi----------------------

-----mahrez--------------------vardy--------------------gray/albrighton

stacks of pace and skill up front with amertey and ndidi in front of back 4 allowing drinky to move forward with his driving runs and with benny,drinky and ndidi all showing they are capable of hitting a good long pass this gives us decent ammunition to feed the front 3 .

their defence is actually not that great with the exception of luis at lb , i really feel that the movement and pace of our front 3 could really cause them problems 

12 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He's not world class- doesn't have the technical ability for that. On his day though, there's not many strikers I'd rather have. He's perfectly suited to the way we play.

I just hope we can stay in it after the 1st leg away, similar to the Sevilla match. 

If we can go back to the KP with just a 1-0 or 2-1 loss, then you just know that we could potentially cause another upset. 

Knowing how well organised they are, anything more than a 2 goal cushion for them, will probably be too much for us to overturn. 

We will need Kasper and a huge helping of luck again, but I had Atletico down as one of the teams I thought we could beat over 2 legs and I'm sticking by that. 

Call me daft, but I just think it's destiny we do them for the farce of 1997. I can picture it now, the look of genuine bewilderment as we've done a number on them at our gaff. Simeone will try and take Vardy's head off at the final whistle. See you in the semi's.

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The Vicente Calderón will host the stage for a proper farewell tour, as the club are moving to the new Wanda Metropolitano next season:

atleticonuevo2.jpg

Question is: Could we potentially spoil the party in two weeks' time?

It's looking very 50/50 if the new stadium will be built in time.

16 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I agree with you. We all slated him when he wasn't playing well but now tactics have changed and vardy is on fire ? all the players are100 % better this is LCFC of last season

Archived