Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Champions League quarter-final, first leg (A), pre-match thread: Atlético Madrid - Leicester City FC

14 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Carrasco - bloody hell.

Fuchs is gonna be busy. 

Atletico are a well drilled machine. They will be much tougher than Sevilla.

Atletico are though nut. Don't pay attention to the table, they're a cut above Sevilla. Very good players, Griezmann is one of the top ten best strikers in the world and Simeone a master tactician. 

Difficult tie but so are the others.

6 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Atletico are though nut. Don't pay attention to the table, they're a cut above Sevilla. Very good players, Griezmann is one of the top ten best strikers in the world and Simeone a master tactician. 

Difficult tie but so are the others.

We know their ability, they are one of the top teams in Europe... what gives us hope is that we can compete when we are at our best 

39 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We know their ability, they are one of the top teams in Europe... what gives us hope is that we can compete when we are at our best 

Totally agree. 

As we said multiple times last season, the table doesn't lie. I am still of the opinion that we are the Premier League Champions and we are not a poor side. This is not a FA Cup draw where there can be gulfs between teams, this is a lot tighter dispersion of quality. You can argue Greizman is a world class player but you can then also argue that, on his day, so is Mahrez or even Vardy.

There's only one way to settle it and that's in the quarter finals of the Champions League. 

5 minutes ago, Aeropars said:

Totally agree. 

As we said multiple times last season, the table doesn't lie. I am still of the opinion that we are the Premier League Champions and we are not a poor side. This is not a FA Cup draw where there can be gulfs between teams, this is a lot tighter dispersion of quality. You can argue Greizman is a world class player but you can then also argue that, on his day, so is Mahrez or even Vardy.

There's only one way to settle it and that's in the quarter finals of the Champions League. 

Absolutely , for me we do have three world class players, kasper, vardy and Mahrez.. I'm looking forward to this game because I feel we can beat them 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Absolutely , for me we do have three world class players, kasper, vardy and Mahrez.. I'm looking forward to this game because I feel we can beat them 

And lets face it, you win a league by consistency. On paper Athletico have not been more consistent than Sevilla. We beat Sevilla over 2 legs. It's not out of the question we can go and beat Athletico as well.

Personally, I don't care too much what the result is. I'm already immensely proud of the team.  I just hope that its a great couple of games of football which entertain both us and the neutral. 

1 minute ago, Aeropars said:

And lets face it, you win a league by consistency. On paper Athletico have not been more consistent than Sevilla. We beat Sevilla over 2 legs. It's not out of the question we can go and beat Athletico as well.

Personally, I don't care too much what the result is. I'm already immensely proud of the team.  I just hope that its a great couple of games of football which entertain both us and the neutral. 

Don't care :blink: If the football is totally crap I really won't give one if we get through.

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Don't care :blink: If the football is totally crap I really won't give one if we get through.

Listen, the football won't be "crap". Two top quality teams cannot fail to produce numerous moments of magic.

Lets be clear. Good football does not mean attacking football. To some, a game of chess is "crap". To others its fascinating.

At least this has stopped the "Sevilla are above Athletico" complacency if there was any! I love to see the players knees on the groud arms raised to the sky end of the match celebration again...

Archived