Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Chip Shop

Chip Shop  

137 members have voted

1. 1. On the chips?

2. 2. The main event?

3. 3. Extras?

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

My local Chippy puts a sign up proudly proclaiming they are 'Now Frying New Potato Chips'. Sign may as well say 'Rats found in kitchen'.

Sorry, but what are New Potato Chips? Haven't heard of this before...

Just now, Webbo said:

Chips made from New potatoes.

Oh right, of course! lol 

My first assumption was sort sort of horrible American 'potato chip' concoction... :blink:

But yeah, I think I'll stick to the classic chips.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

are you dense?

Sorry work's getting to me! lol 

As above I thought it was some kind of American-style stuff, I never assumed you'd attempt to make chips out of new potatoes.

2 hours ago, Uncle Monty said:

Wish they had chip shops stateside. 

Nothing was more satisfying that walking back from the pub with a warm bag of chips under your arm.

Fish and chip shops?? Surely they have them. They do here in canada. 

Not seen a chippy in Maine. Ordered fish and chips plenty of times though and the fish always comes out in about 3 pieces. It's almost like fish nuggets. The only good place I've had it is in an Irish bar but that ****ed me off as people thought the 'fish nuggets with fries' style fish was  British and the one big piece of fish with proper chips was the traditionally Irish. 

Not that I have anything against the Irish but Americans always go on about the lovely Irish countryside as if there's none in the U.K.! The Irish tourism board have played a blinder!

59 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Not seen a chippy in Maine. Ordered fish and chips plenty of times though and the fish always comes out in about 3 pieces. It's almost like fish nuggets. The only good place I've had it is in an Irish bar but that ****ed me off as people thought the 'fish nuggets with fries' style fish was  British and the one big piece of fish with proper chips was the traditionally Irish. 

Not that I have anything against the Irish but Americans always go on about the lovely Irish countryside as if there's none in the U.K.! The Irish tourism board have played a blinder!

Seems to be big in New England for people to claim they're of Irish heritage and dead proud of it, despite the fact they're mostly of English descent

Back on topic - "pea wet"? What idiot thought of that? "Nah I don't want salt or vinegar or any tasty sauce I want the unflavoured pissy pea runoff to sog my dinner up"

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Dunno like I thought some old boys would maybe be having it. Everyone's learned something new, though, so that's good. 

Rations aren't a thing now though 

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

Rations aren't a thing now though 

Yet people still eat things like tripe, tinned spam, tinned corned beef etc. I like that some old style working class fare survives. These days people look funny at me when I tell them I have a tongue cob for me lunch.

Archived