Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Will your name soon become extinct?

The names that could become extinct

• Angela

• Bertram

• Beverley

• Cecil

• Carol

• Clarence

• Clive

• Cyril

• Debra

• Diane

• Donna

• Dean

• Doris

• Dennis

• Derek

• Duncan

• Elaine

• Ernest

• Geoffrey

• Horace

• Joanne

• Leonard

• Maureen

• Malcolm

• Nigel

• Neville

• Paula

• Roy

• Sally

• Sandra

• Sharon

• Sheila

• Tracey

• Wendy

• Yvonne

• Wayne

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/these-baby-names-could-become-extinct-as-none-of-them-have-been-registered-in-2017/story-30248830-detail/story.html#3AOCFtQZ4UIdvOxZ.99

56 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I really can't imagine anyone having a child and calling it any of those names. 

I feel like you're not giving the baby a good start to life if you call it Dennis or Dean. 

I remember people saying this about some of the names that are now in the most popular list

https://www.babycenter.com/top-baby-names-2017.htm

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

I remember people saying this about some of the names that are now in the most popular list

https://www.babycenter.com/top-baby-names-2017.htm

Interesting bunch of names. It seems most of them are surnames, Jackson, Carter, Grayson, etc lol. I know about 3 people with kids called Noah - I would have never thought that name would be so popular. 

But don't worry, there'll be another 1000 invented names in circulation this year :

Alaigh

T'ai

Schwanda

Anai

Anuh

And so on and so forth.

I think in Sweden you're only allowed to choose from a list of government approved names. I wish that was the case here.

Can understand some of those not being registered as let's be honest..... Cecil, Cyril, Maureen etc, names for old people on soap operas

However, very surprising to me that Dean, Donna. Joanne, Duncan for example are dying out!

That said all the babies round where I live seem to be called arsey names like Angelo, Fleur, Harper, Harlequin etc. **** that if that's the future

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Can understand some of those not being registered as let's be honest..... Cecil, Cyril, Maureen etc, names for old people on soap operas

However, very surprising to me that Dean, Donna. Joanne, Duncan for example are dying out!

That said all the babies round where I live seem to be called arsey names like Angelo, Fleur, Harper, Harlequin etc. **** that if that's the future

Of course it is. Parents now need to express their perceived uniqueness through baby names. Names are getting out of hand and it needs stopping. As do the fancy spellings : Jaykque (Jake), Tohbay (Toby) and so on.  Dowie (as in doughy) was a name I recently encountered.

I might be particularly miserable about this because I work with children, occasionally, and have to suffer these kind of names on the regular.

2 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

noooo! I'm on the extinction list!!!! Most people just want celebrity names now and names that stand out from the crowd. people don't want strong but boring names anymore!

ok, ok, calm down Sharon!

My name will never be extinct. Consistently been in the top 10 on that list they produce every year of popular baby names. There must be more James' out there than any other name. 

Come on guys, would you seriously look at your newborn baby and think "Yeah, he definitely looks like a Clive, let's call him Clive". 

Times change, all names listed are horribly outdated and old fashioned. Just like todays current names will be outdated in 50-60 years most likely. 

In the street the other week I heard some chavvy white woman in a shell-suit calling her daughter 'Khaleesi'. She had another baby in a pram. I thought of asking her what particularly ill-advised name she'd given to that one, but on second thoughts I decided she might eat me. She looked like she might well eat anything, including buildings and cars. 

56 minutes ago, Adster said:

Come on guys, would you seriously look at your newborn baby and think "Yeah, he definitely looks like a Clive, let's call him Clive". 

Times change, all names listed are horribly outdated and old fashioned. Just like todays current names will be outdated in 50-60 years most likely. 

If my baby was born already balding and a face of a 50 year old lorry driver, I would. 

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

But don't worry, there'll be another 1000 invented names in circulation this year :

Alaigh

T'ai

Schwanda

Anai

Anuh

And so on and so forth.

I think in Sweden you're only allowed to choose from a list of government approved names. I wish that was the case here.

Why?

Archived