Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Zieler frustrated

Just now, wattolcfc said:

Goals per games maybe, but Kasper faced a lot more shots too!

Yep.

But it wasn't me who used goals per game to make a point:

20 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

9 games 16 goals conceaded that's shocking. I could do better than that tbf. 

1 minute ago, Worthington said:

Ha no...!

TBH, having a 'name' as number 2 keeper usually doesn't work !

So you’re telling me the Northern Irish legend that went by the name of Conrad Logan isn’t a big enough name to be affected? Shame on you!

21 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Defence were also shit though. Wes and Huth were doing their best comedy act every game.

Goalkeepers have a big psychological impact on defences though. If you know you've got a shit goalkeeper behind you, you've got more pressure on you.

1 minute ago, gcxttle said:

Goalkeepers have a big psychological impact on defences though. If you know you've got a shit goalkeeper behind you, you've got more pressure on you.

True, there was definitely a communicatiom error. Schmeichel constantly screams while Zieler didn't. This is why Schmeichel should be captain.

8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

True, there was definitely a communicatiom error. Schmeichel constantly screams while Zieler didn't. This is why Schmeichel should be captain.

Anywhere else on the pitch I'd agree, but having your Keeper as your skipper can be a waste as they're (great ones) naturally vocal and commanding. 

I wouldn't be opposed to it but I think it's a valid point. 

7 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Man united has a captain already.

I actually don't think he's a bad back up keeper, yes his distribution may not be as good as Kaspers but he's a good number 2. I don't think he would be good enough for any other premier league teams number 1 but he needs to realise this. Crappy German League football or Premier League :dunno:

8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Defence were also shit though. Wes and Huth were doing their best comedy act every game.

They were. But Kasper won player of the season behind the same players. Zieler just isn't very good compared to Kasper who is quality

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

I actually don't think he's a bad back up keeper, yes his distribution may not be as good as Kaspers but he's a good number 2. I don't think he would be good enough for any other premier league teams number 1 but he needs to realise this. Crappy German League football or Premier League :dunno:

Zieler must be bloody bad then . Kaspers achilles heel is his distribution  ( which is has always been bloody awful ) lol

9 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Zieler must be bloody bad then . Kaspers achilles heel is his distribution  ( which is has always been bloody awful ) lol

What? Kaspers special drop kick to the side and sliced kicked doesn't do it for you? 

10 hours ago, Thracian said:

Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew) has got talent!  :whistle:

He has a lot of experience, too, but is he too old?  Saying he has one foot in the grave might be harsh, but is he past his best?

Admittedly, he wouldn't be fazed by big crowds as he's performed before millions in the past.

He also has good height, so would deal well with high crosses. But he's always liable to make a major blunder within half an hour of appearing.

I'm not sure he'd do much for morale on the pitch, either, compared to Kasper - and could be a bad influence in the dressing-room with all that moaning.

Gerrimout! :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

He has a lot of experience, too, but is he too old?  Saying he has one foot in the grave might be harsh, but is he past his best?

Admittedly, he wouldn't be phased by big crowds as he's performed before millions in the past.

He also has good height, so would deal well with high crosses. But he's always liable to make a major blunder within half an hour of appearing.

I'm not sure he'd do much for morale on the pitch, either, compared to Kasper - and could be a bad influence in the dressing-room with all that moaning.

Gerrimout! :thumbup:

:thumbup: :D

3 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

according to BILD, hes having a medical at Stuttgart,4 mil euros fee

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/ron-robert-zieler/vor-wechsel-zum-vfb-stuttgart-52512534.bild.html#fromWall

Yes, he's really lived up to his "Weltmeister" billing in Bild...not, I've no tears to shed for his leaving, but good luck to him if he goes.

Bought For around 2m wasn't he (?)and sold for 4m a year later? I'll take that to be fair, he might be a decent shot stopper but his all round game was pretty weak and uninspiring. 

Time for Ben Hamer to step up as an effective number 2 and grow up or leave too, for me personally. 

Archived