Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Zieler frustrated

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He's wasted everyones time tbh.

He knew he was coming here to be number 2 so I'm not sure how he can get unhappy about it.

I'm not so sure he was expecting to be a dead cert number 2, bearing in mind he was a free transfer and his wages are pretty decent for a "backup" i'm more of the belief he was told he would have a chance to uproot Kasper if he performed well - he's got history of being a decent number 1. The season before our backup was Hamer/Schwarzer - both were okayish - but there is an obvious big difference between the two of them and Kasper, we probably wanted to reduce that backup quality gap and slightly bent the truth to save us having to spend £5m + to achieve that.

He's obviously a nice guy and I hope he gets a decent move back to Germany where he can go and be a number one keeper as he's obviously decent enough and hungry enough to want to play, Kasper unfortunately for him has only continued to improve season on season with us, hard to get beyond that for anyone.

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Bought For around 2m wasn't he (?)and sold for 4m a year later? I'll take that to be fair, he might be a decent shot stopper but his all round game was pretty weak and uninspiring. 

Time for Ben Hamer to step up as an effective number 2 and grow up or leave too, for me personally. 

Not sure how he can grow up? He certainly won't rush out the door to take a massive pay cut. Assuming a team would want him.

35 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

You still need to be able to catch, kick and command your area so I don't hold much hope tbh.

IMO he was absolute rubbish and whoever scouted him was clearly not paying attention - how he ever got near the German squad I will never know

German conrad. Happy to sit on the bench for country. Not kick up a fuss and get a medal.

Wasn't scouted. Was just available cheap and lets be fair i am better than conrad. Mark schwazer had left and picking up an world cup winner looked good in print.

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Not sure how he can grow up? He certainly won't rush out the door to take a massive pay cut. Assuming a team would want him.

From what I've heard he's more keen on going out and being a lad than improving his awful distribution lol 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He was a freebie. Total non risk signing. It didn't work out and he wants football. Move on. 

Maybe I'm different but I don't get this aggressive nature towards players who've failed here

I'm not I'm usually very optimistic about players who have struggled here, but it's clear to see he's poor. 

And he wasn't a freebie he came in for 2-3mil after we met his release clause.

Archived