Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Zieler frustrated

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

To be honest the moody Kraut can trot on. Most no.2's can go a whole season barely getting a game. This guy had a fair crack of the whip and sadly failed to shine. Bang average RRZ. No great loss.

Touché, he's dog shit imo :)

Hard to believe he made the Germany squad who won the last World Cup.

On the face of it he looked to have too high a pedigree to be our No2 but he was really poor in the games he had here. Best for all concerned he moves on.

12 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Bought For around 2m wasn't he (?)and sold for 4m a year later? I'll take that to be fair, he might be a decent shot stopper but his all round game was pretty weak and uninspiring. 

Time for Ben Hamer to step up as an effective number 2 and grow up or leave too, for me personally. 

To be fair, Hamer did really well in the great escape season when Schmeichel was injured. His poor distribution aside, he commanded the defence better than Schmeichel at the time and was a very good shot-stopper. Pearson seemed to hold a grudge about the free-kick mistake against Spurs (?) and Schwarzer replaced him. He wasn't really given another chance here until the Porto battering, when the whole team played utter dogshit. From what we've seen of Zieler last season, he is not adequate backup for Schmeichel

If Schmeichel stays, keep Hamer as main backup and Iversen as 3rd choice, sell Zieler.

If Schmeichel goes... ffffffvcked if I know.

If he thinks he's better than Kaspar then he's deluded. And if he's not better than Kaspar then why should he get in the team ahead of him? 

Sat at behind him for a couple of games when Kaspar was injured and we shipped quite a few goals. Didn't inspire confidence and looked like a kid playing with the big boys, tbh 

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

To be fair, Hamer did really well in the great escape season when Schmeichel was injured. His poor distribution aside, he commanded the defence better than Schmeichel at the time and was a very good shot-stopper. Pearson seemed to hold a grudge about the free-kick mistake against Spurs (?) and Schwarzer replaced him. He wasn't really given another chance here until the Porto battering, when the whole team played utter dogshit. From what we've seen of Zieler last season, he is not adequate backup for Schmeichel

If Schmeichel stays, keep Hamer as main backup and Iversen as 3rd choice, sell Zieler.

If Schmeichel didn't have a recent history of being injured quite a bit I'd be happy enough to have Hamer as No2.

But if we expect Schmeichel to be fit less than 85% of the time I'd want a better No2 than Hamer.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Hard to believe he made the Germany squad who won the last World Cup.

On the face of it he looked to have too high a pedigree to be our No2 but he was really poor in the games he had here. Best for all concerned he moves on.

Such nonsense.

He had just come off a sensational season with Hannover 96 and was rightly picked as the No.2/3, behind Neuer (and Weidenfeller).

Shame to see him go, but it's hard to get past Schmeichel, anyway.

Just hope our next No.2 is a bit more secure and/or gets more time by the fans.

We still have Hamer, though. :D

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Such nonsense.

He had just come off a sensational season with Hannover 96 and was rightly picked as the No.2/3, behind Neuer (and Weidenfeller).

Shame to see him go, but it's hard to get past Schmeichel, anyway.

Just hope our next No.2 is a bit more secure and/or gets more time by the fans.

We still have Hamer, though. :D

I can only apologise that my knowledge of the Bundesliga 2013/14 season isn't up to scratch. :ph34r:

The Ron Robert Zieler I seen play for Leicester City was a big disappointment considering he should have been at his peak at 28 and the pedigree he came with.

42 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Bought For around 2m wasn't he (?)and sold for 4m a year later? I'll take that to be fair, he might be a decent shot stopper but his all round game was pretty weak and uninspiring. 

Time for Ben Hamer to step up as an effective number 2 and grow up or leave too, for me personally. 

Hamer not good enough IMO. Not even as back up. I think we will need a new number 2 keeper if Zieler leaves unless Iversen or another of the academy keepers is ready to step up.

32 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Yeah I like Hamer, but not sure the management particularly rate him.

31 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Don't get why people are getting personal. He came, didn't displace Kasper, and is likely to leave. 

Not like he's issued statements demanding a move like others is it  :) 

Exactly this. I wish him well personally. No shame in not being able to displace Kasper, imo he's one of the top keepers around.

Perhaps if he'd been a diva like Ulloa our fans might have taken to him :fishing:.

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

He was a freebie. Total non risk signing. It didn't work out and he wants football. Move on. 

Maybe I'm different but I don't get this aggressive nature towards players who've failed here

Unless we get in some excellent super unknown under 21 prospect, then everyone is going to look inferior to Kasper. Either that or we spend big monies for someone equally as rated, and that isn't going to happen. People unnecessarily slagging Zieler are embarrassing. Zieler hasn't been in anyway awful, in fact some of his play was actually better than Kasper's at times.

I personally wish him the best, and hope he gets the game time he craves.

Ah well. Some Keepers are no.2s and are happy to be just that. Zieler wants to be a first choice, and basically, he just isn't as good as our current first choice, kasper.

I guess this indicates Kasper intends to stay. We'll probably get Jakupovic, who is a great no.2, and happy to play that role.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

think he'll do well elsewhere, the way we play though we basically need a sweeper keeper and he'll never be that

You still need to be able to catch, kick and command your area so I don't hold much hope tbh.

IMO he was absolute rubbish and whoever scouted him was clearly not paying attention - how he ever got near the German squad I will never know

Archived