Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Yep, Man United ready to pay £40 million for Pope to replace Real Madrid-bound De Gea.

Mee joining Liverpool for £30 million.

We'll have plenty of pound notes to buy a few Championship players.:)

Your main concern will be to hold onto Dyche I imagine.

Congratulations on a fantastic season by the way! Thought you rode your luck a bit much early season, but very strong showing lately.

1 hour ago, shen said:

Your main concern will be to hold onto Dyche I imagine.

Congratulations on a fantastic season by the way! Thought you rode your luck a bit much early season, but very strong showing lately.

Thanks, but the best we played was from early October-early December (18 points from 8 games) before Brady was injured for the season at Leicester and then Defour injured in January. That left Gudmundsson as our only real creative player.

Edited by lancyclaret

26 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Thanks, but the best we played was from early October-early December (18 points from 8 games) before Brady was injured for the season at Leicester and then Defour injured in January. That left Gudmundsson as our only real creative player.

Yeah, but I remember some very fortunate single-goal wins when you were largely under the cosh and scored with virtually your only shot on target.

Fair play, your bubble hasn't burst.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

It amazes me that you are so tough on Maguire and Ndidi compared to Mahrez. Maguire makes far far less defensive errors than Mahrez makes offensive errors. If you rated Mahrez in the same way you rate Maguire he'd be non-league standard.

Maguire and Ndidi will both be playing in the world Cup this year. Mahrerz will be sitting at an airport terminal looking for a new destination.

Offensive and defensive errors are completely different though as every player makes errors going forwards. Defensive errors basically define how good a defender is, if a centreback makes a mistake it likely leads to a goal. Maguire’s still been a fantastic signing and he is a good defender but some posters get carried away.

The second part is daft. One player doesn’t make a national side.

41 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Why are you even on here? - couldn't give a flying f**k about a Burnley fans opinion on Leicester 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Offensive and defensive errors are completely different though as every player makes errors going forwards. Defensive errors basically define how good a defender is, if a centreback makes a mistake it likely leads to a goal. Maguire’s still been a fantastic signing and he is a good defender but some posters get carried away.

I agree 100% with you that defensive errors basically define how good a defender is, where we disagree is that offensive errors basically define how good an offensive player is too - they lead to likely NOT scoring a goal. I'm surprised that you and others don't see this. 

Ronaldo is great because he doesn't make very many offensive errors and therefore each of his shots/touches have a high probability of resulting in goals. Mahrez touches have a low probability of resulting in goals.

9 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Why are you even on here? - couldn't give a flying f**k about a Burnley fans opinion on Leicester 

Foxestalk - home of friendly and welcoming Leicester fans lol

51 minutes ago, FIF said:

I agree 100% with you that defensive errors basically define how good a defender is, where we disagree is that offensive errors basically define how good an offensive player is too - they lead to likely NOT scoring a goal. I'm surprised that you and others don't see this. 

Ronaldo is great because he doesn't make very many offensive errors and therefore each of his shots/touches have a high probability of resulting in goals. Mahrez touches have a low probability of resulting in goals.

Understate has his xG chain and xG buildup as above average. So his involvements in games have a decent probability of resulting in goals

https://understat.com/player/750

2 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

Burnley have the 19th highest wage bill - does that mean we should be relegated?

When we finished runners-up to Leicester in 2013/14, Burnley had the 15th highest wage bill.

One day you'll submit a post that doesn't include the words "19th highest wage bill".

41 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

He didn't state any opinion regarding us, and this is a general thread about the Prem. Furthermore, he's been unfailingly polite and respectful. I hope he's on here because up until now we've reciprocated.

i know which of the two of you I'd rather buggered off.

It's a Leicester City Forum for Leicester City fans, if you want to talk to other clubs fans about the Premier League, get yourself on the general chat pages or find a Premier League forum.

Another clubs fans opinion, on this forum, is about as relevant as someone who joined the forum during our title winning season :whistle:

4 hours ago, FIF said:

It amazes me that you are so tough on Maguire and Ndidi compared to Mahrez. Maguire makes far far less defensive errors than Mahrez makes offensive errors. If you rated Mahrez in the same way you rate Maguire he'd be non-league standard.

Maguire and Ndidi will both be playing in the world Cup this year. Mahrerz will be sitting at an airport terminal looking for a new destination.

Did Mahrez shag your missus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

It's a Leicester City Forum for Leicester City fans, if you want to talk to other clubs fans about the Premier League, get yourself on the general chat pages or find a Premier League forum.

Another clubs fans opinion, on this forum, is about as relevant as someone who joined the forum during our title winning season :whistle:

Speak for yourself in that case. Nowhere does it say Foxestalk is for Leicester City fans only and I wouldn't want it to be exclusive.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

You sound like your manager.

You'll have to pay your players what they are worth now or risk losing them to market leaders who can offer many pound notes.

Agreed apparently the top earners at the club are on 35k a week 

7 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Oh hai :ph34r:

8 hours ago, shen said:

Speak for yourself in that case. Nowhere does it say Foxestalk is for Leicester City fans only and I wouldn't want it to be exclusive.

Doesn't it though?

FoxesTalk is a Leicester City website aimed solely at the fans of Leicester City Football Club.

Right here. Point 1.

16 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Because you only become a true LCFC fan when you register on FT. 

Not because people have perhaps been following Leicester for years and then the excitement prompted a search for a common forum to cheer and discuss with like-minded people.

As for other fans opinions, I personally like an opinion with someone not wearing the blue tinted specs, I welcome it. 

17 hours ago, shen said:

Absolutely.. We love hearing from all those friendly Spudites especially! 

19 hours ago, shen said:

Fair enough, I don't mind the odd person chipping in when we have a game coming up against them or if there's something going on in the media between the clubs, but personally I come on here to wallow in all things Leicester City and I think yesterday I'd just had enough of hearing about Burnley and their 'wage bill' and people giving Burnley a 'nice pat on the head'.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Fair enough, I don't mind the odd person chipping in when we have a game coming up against them or if there's something going on in the media between the clubs, but personally I come on here to wallow in all things Leicester City and I think yesterday I'd just had enough of hearing about Burnley and their 'wage bill' and people giving Burnley a 'nice pat on the head'.

What I would say is, how long will those fans hang around when inevitably things go the other way?

Theres no way on this earth Burnley are going to build on this season.

Absolutely no problems with fans enjoying their moment in the sun, we did exactly the same, but its easy to be a forum darling in the good times.

8 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Can I suggest that if you don't want to hear about anything other than Leicester you stay away from a thread which is almost by definition going to piss you off?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Think we all preferred it when you didn’t post as The ironic thing is @lancyclaret has actually contributed more to this forum then you have