Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I do think Atletico will come in with a big offer for Vardy though this window and he'll be tempted.... and we'll end up paying him more!

i cant see it happening tbh now they are just about to sign lacazette from Lyon but i think Atletico are under a transfer ban atm i think

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

i cant see it happening tbh now they are just about to sign lacazette from Lyon but i think Atletico are under a transfer ban atm i think

Ah - I just think they will lose Griezman and need to recruit....

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

Ah - I just think they will lose Griezman and need to recruit....

true but while they might, id be very very surprised if it was Vardy, if Vard's was 3/4 yrs younger then id say they'd be very interested in him , tho AM usually like to get forward within their prime(or coming into) and then sell them for mega bucks and wouldnt be able to do that with Vardy

6 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Atletico are close to signing Lacazette as a replacement for Griezman.

Also they have other targets like Sandro Ramirez.

They can't sign anyone until their transfer ban is lifted

Atletico could pose a big threat to us keeping Vardy.

He's burst into life the past 3 months and when you consider that they brought in Torres past his best at roughly the same age I'd believe that Vardy would be effective for them regardless.

Wouldn't say it's a certainty he'll be at Leicester next season.

4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Atletico could pose a big threat to us keeping Vardy.

He's burst into life the past 3 months and when you consider that they brought in Torres past his best at roughly the same age I'd believe that Vardy would be effective for them regardless.

Wouldn't say it's a certainty he'll be at Leicester next season.

Atletico are not gonna pay £30m+ for a 30 year old who's on £100k p/w 

16 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Atletico are not gonna pay £30m+ for a 30 year old who's on £100k p/w 

spot on as ive said a bit up the thread, they are the type of club to get younger forwards about to hit their prime then flog them for well over what they brought them for, and JV doesnt fit that mold, as hes in his prime but they wont get any resale value from him

If we can hang onto him this summer, I think he'll be here for a few more years (unless things go tits up and we go down).

It would be great if he ended his Leicester career after 10 years and 150 goals.

I just can't see Atletico paying what we would want for him. Just goes completely against their recruitment model. He's also been talking about next season already, so I don't think he has any intention of leaving.

14 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

spot on as ive said a bit up the thread, they are the type of club to get younger forwards about to hit their prime then flog them for well over what they brought them for, and JV doesnt fit that mold, as hes in his prime but they wont get any resale value from him

There signing Lacazette so no chance at all of Vards going Athletico... close thread.

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

There signing Lacazette so no chance at all of Vards going Athletico... close thread.

The thread isn't solely about Vardy leaving specifically for Atletico it should perhaps remain open.

3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

there is no source about Vardy leaving

close thread.

Sadly there's no source about you leaving either but we can still discuss the possibility right?

Or do you decide now for us all?

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sadly there's no source about you leaving either but we can still discuss the possibility right?

Or do you decide now for us all?

Well if you make a thread suggesting a player but have no source, it gets closed straight away. Don't see why this should be any different.

35 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He was linked Atletico Madrid - so there is a source.

Wasn't really linked, Simone said he admires Vards.. plus as others have mentioned they're signing Lacazette. 

Archived