Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Pedantic ****er... so Griezmann himself was a €30 million transfer from Real Sociedad in 2014. That probably didn't seem as 'value' at that time.

Nice name calling over a difference of opinion on, believe it or not, a football forum designed to debate footballing matters.

Griezmann was young and less of a risk as he was already performing in that league where as Vardy will be close to 31 if he did go having never played outside of England. Van Persie fits the same description of being less of a risk.

Are Atletico really a team that takes them sort of gambles? That was my point, no need for the abuse.

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

He'd do an Owen and drive to the airport every day to pick up a copy of The Sun.

I actually think he would fit right in with Spanish culture. He's a bit brighter than most give him credit for. 

Would fit perfectly with them and Vardy's instagram post after the Atleti away game told you he enjoyed the occasion. 

They are about the only club I could see prising him away but they don't have the money to do it. 

From Vardys point of view this could be the best possible move for him....

however I don't think Simone and the Atletico fans will be so forgiving if( when) he goes through a dry patch and I can't see him recovering when he does. 

If he goes ( and I really hope not) then he'll be back in 12 months..

Brings another angle as to why Simone was so complimentary to us after the game- to soften us up for a bid!

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

From Vardys point of view this could be the best possible move for him....

however I don't think Simone and the Atletico fans will be so forgiving if( when) he goes through a dry patch and I can't see him recovering when he does. 

If he goes ( and I really hope not) then he'll be back in 12 months..

Brings another angle as to why Simone was so complimentary to us after the game- to soften us up for a bid!

I believe they would as long as he keeps working his ass off. Torres is a local boy, so he gets a bit of a pass, but there are plenty of games where he leave it all for Griezmann to do.

Yesterday I was telling the Atleti folks I was with that Vardy would have been perfect out there during the second half, and they couldn't agree more.

People on here acting like Athletico are Kings of the world.  Most of their players will be on less than ours as outside of the top 2 in Spain the money does not filter down to the clubs.  I doubt they are going to pay 20+ million for a soon to be 31 year old striker and give him £100k a week for 3 years.  Get a grip.

7 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

People on here acting like Athletico are Kings of the world.  Most of their players will be on less than ours as outside of the top 2 in Spain the money does not filter down to the clubs.  I doubt they are going to pay 20+ million for a soon to be 31 year old striker and give him £100k a week for 3 years.  Get a grip.

More chance of that than paying sanchez' wages !!

25 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Just because they don't have the tv money we have in England doesn't mean the standard of players over there is much less... Especially for Atletico who are a top ranked European side let alone a top ranked Spanish side. He could argue he'd be playing with a higher standard of player..

They can offer him champions league football and we cant for next season. and they'll probably be in it the season after as well.

Plenty of reasons to go there other than just money....

Will never happen.  I did not say the standard was worse over there.  Read what I wrote. They do not have the money to spunk on a soon to be 31 year old strikers transfer fee and offer him a 3 year contract for 100k per week.  Perhaps you think Vardy will uproot his family and move to different country for half of what he is on now.  I doubt that very much myself...

55 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

There is more chance of us paying Sanchez wages than Vardy going there!!

my point being that there is zero chance of sanchez going there as they wont pay 300k per week

they could pay vardy 100k per week (unlikely I agree, especially given his age and the likely fee of 30m) but I argued with my son after the atleti tie that I couldn't see vards going to Madrid. he just doesn't seem the type to be keen to embrace another language and culture at this stage of his career although his young family would benefit greatly from the exposure to it all.

38 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Will never happen.  I did not say the standard was worse over there.  Read what I wrote. They do not have the money to spunk on a soon to be 31 year old strikers transfer fee and offer him a 3 year contract for 100k per week.  Perhaps you think Vardy will uproot his family and move to different country for half of what he is on now.  I doubt that very much myself...

chill out mate!

I was listing reasons as to why he might want to go  and in fact ended my post with   " Plenty of reasons to go there other than just money.... "    

And as for them not being able to afford him.... how can you be so sure? plenty of money around if you are in the champions league latter stages for several years in a row...

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Im sure they can afford it if they choose to invest plus griezman likely to leave, but they have some of the best history of scouting up and coming forwards as opposed to older players.

I guess it depends on how much he impressed DS, Godin was quoted as saying vardy would get in their team that included Griezman.

New 70k stadium, http://www.stadiumguide.com/nuevoestadioatleticomadrid/ 

13th richest club in world football

No chance. Him and his missus are both clearly enjoying their new rural farm life. He looks very happy doing DIY and playing with pet chickens in the new customised mansion that he moved into just a few months ago. He's also got about 6 young kids + stepkids which is a lot of uprooting to do.

1 hour ago, brucey said:

No chance. Him and his missus are both clearly enjoying their new rural farm life. He looks very happy doing DIY and playing with pet chickens in the new customised mansion that he moved into just a few months ago. He's also got about 6 young kids + stepkids which is a lot of uprooting to do.

6 kids! 

Archived