Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy - worried?

We need to take the Everton threat serious

Walsh may have a big influence on the players they sign and he knows what our players will want

And they seem to be swimming in the same pond as us when it comes to new signings

4 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

We need to take the Everton threat serious

Walsh may have a big influence on the players they sign and he knows what our players will want

And they seem to be swimming in the same pond as us when it comes to new signings

Actually - Everton, being in Europe have to take account of FFP so can't buys spend willy nilly. If they sell lukaku then they can easily afford vards but why would he uproot his family for what is ostensibly a sideways move. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Actually - Everton, being in Europe have to take account of FFP so can't buys spend willy nilly. If they sell lukaku then they can easily afford vards but why would he uproot his family for what is ostensibly a sideways move. 

But is it a sideways move!? 

Personally id say Everton are showing a lot more ambition than us currently, they have a permanent manager in place and in Europe next season. 

If lukaku leaves Vardy would be there main man, he is back with Walsh who has obviously had a huge impact on his career and will know about his contract here. The big city life of maybe Liverpool/Manchester could tempt aswell - Mrs likes TV time with studios in Manchester, Vardy Academy that is using Man City and he is a northern lad so no reason to dismiss why he wouldn't move/uproot family. 

Seriously, people need to stop flapping. We will not sell Vardy unless a ridiculous bid comes in for him of £30-40m. As much as Everton like splashing the cash, i highly doubt they will buy a 30 year old striker for that amount of money. Mahrez and possibly kasper will leave, vardy will not.

Leicester is nearer to Sheffield than Liverpool is and  "their big based on?" selling Stones and with their 2 best players poised to leave. Well we are not going for Lukaku but how many of their players would we want in our 1st team.

32 minutes ago, EGBFitness said:

But is it a sideways move!? 

Personally id say Everton are showing a lot more ambition than us currently, they have a permanent manager in place and in Europe next season. 

If lukaku leaves Vardy would be there main man, he is back with Walsh who has obviously had a huge impact on his career and will know about his contract here. The big city life of maybe Liverpool/Manchester could tempt aswell - Mrs likes TV time with studios in Manchester, Vardy Academy that is using Man City and he is a northern lad so no reason to dismiss why he wouldn't move/uproot family. 

Back with Walsh? Walsh is the director of football at Everton. It's not like they'd see each other every day is it? 

On a positive note is the only player to have openly said they want to leave is Mahrez, I honestly can't see Vards leave to go to Everton as said before just doesn't seem a feasible move for him maybe if Utd, Chelsea or Atletico then I'd be a bit worried he may go!

35 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

On a positive note is the only player to have openly said they want to leave is Mahrez, I honestly can't see Vards leave to go to Everton as said before just doesn't seem a feasible move for him maybe if Utd, Chelsea or Atletico then I'd be a bit worried he may go!

Athletico have a transfer ban till Jan 2018 i think i read somewhere

3 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Back with Walsh? Walsh is the director of football at Everton. It's not like they'd see each other every day is it? 

I think he'd see him abit more than what he does whilst at Leicester don't you? 

Let's be honest here... he's not going to kick up a fuss if Everton make an offer and we turn it down- they're not exactly enough of a step up for him to try and force a move.

On top of that, I'd be immensely disappointed in the club if we accepted an offer from them, no matter what the fee- he's so important to our style of play. I think we've got enough of a backbone to resist anyway.

Can't believe for one second any player we actually wanted to keep would leave us for Everton. I have a lot of respect for them, used to be a team I liked as a kid. But they could be feasibly losing their two "star" players and they haven't really done a huge amount in terms of recruitment to suggest they could break the big 6. In a few years when they get a new ground, if they keep investing and improving then it could happen. But at this moment in time, I just can't see it... but for some it's all about the £££'s, so if they decide to break their wage structure, then maybe it could.

3 hours ago, mullet said:

So Lakaku says he is leaving Everton. 

Worried about vardy??? 

No lol

I can imagine Walsh sheepishly phoning up Vardy, politely asking him if he would consider a move to Everton, and Vards politely declining, citing family reasons :D

Archived