Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
walkerleeds

'That' Anthony Knockaert penalty

Was it really necessary to bring this up?? Up there in 'most depressing moments in football' with those two dodgy pens in the Wembley play offs v Blackburn and Swindon and that late late Arsenal goal last season.

With Leicester, though, every horrible experience is followed by a glorious one.

It's what we do. And it's why we love our club so much.

#lcfcneveradullmoment

The Arsenal goal last season isn't depressing it's farking hiLOLrious. 

They went on a lap of honour, took dressing room selfies and finished a huge TEN points behind the tiny club they defeated on that Sunday in Feb.

brilliant

4 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

They went on a lap of honour, took dressing room selfies and finished a huge TEN points behind the tiny club they defeated on that Sunday in Feb.

brilliant

At the time it definitely wasn't hilarious. It hung over us for two weeks until that blooming marvellous, earth-shattering late Ulloa winner v Norwich 

2 hours ago, MPH said:

That Speedie dive hurt more than the almost comeback win against Swindon...

it did indeed, we hadnt had a day out like that for years as club, especially Wembley, and we were cheated. Blackburn fans took the brunt.

That was the most gut wrenching thing that I have experienced following Leicester. Watford came close but its the first time that always stays in your memory

31 minutes ago, Moksky said:

it did indeed, we hadnt had a day out like that for years as club, especially Wembley, and we were cheated. Blackburn fans took the brunt.

That was the most gut wrenching thing that I have experienced following Leicester. Watford came close but its the first time that always stays in your memory

I celebrated his goals but every time i saw him in a City shirt, well  it just didn't feel right...

Only time I've cried because of a game. I just sat there in total shock, and when my girlfriend at the time woke up and saw me, I said,"I can't believe what I just watched; I couldn't possibly explain it to you."

BUT LOOK AT US NOW! WE WILL FINISH 8TH!

I was at Wembley for all the Finals in the 90s and but that Deeney winner was the most sickening for me. I'll normally be gracious in defeat and watch the analysis after the game if I've not gone but on that occasion as soon as the goal went in the TV went straight off and I sat in silence for 30 minutes trying to figure out what had happened whilst also trying to contain my emotional state of anger, disbelief, and sadness. 

As others have said in hindsight I'd do it all again knowing what I know now. That truly was the turning point and the best possible way to galvanise not only the player's but also the fans.

This really doesn't bother me.

We won the bloody Premier League and got through to the champions league 1/4 final.

I blummin love the journey since 2008, no, sod it 1976, let alone since 2013.

:scarf:

alert.JPG.d6aa3e49ac3b7a379246ee1901ffe716.JPG ALERT: Cultural Exchange

Brothers, I feel your pain.  Last minute of a home playoff game in a deafening dump of an old stadium, back when you could buy (and afford) single seats and went every game with your mates, sound familiar?

My Browns were on the verge of a chip-shot field goal for the victory and decided to pass.  Talk about defeat from the jaws of victory.

Maybe the coldest game in NFL history … for this I risked frostbite.

1 hour ago, SystonFox said:

brilliant

it was hilarious eventually, but I am mentally scarred from having to sit in the Arsenal end watching that game !

polished off quite a few tins on the way home from that match trying to block it out...

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I celebrated his goals but every time i saw him in a City shirt, well  it just didn't feel right...

Ditto - I felt the same about Dennis Wise, he just didnt belong here

4 hours ago, TK95 said:

For some reason, I was never as gutted for this one as the night we lost in Cardiff.

THAT penalty from Kermogant is the one that wrangled with me. How could he do that in a shootout?! :rolleyes:

Same here. I felt at the time the penalty was won by a dive and generally we were awful over the 120 minutes. Cardiff we were superb and led the tie with 25/30 to go.

I didn't think it could get worse than Cardiff, but boy was I wrong. Those 30 seconds at Vicarage Road were horrible. I didn't know what to do with myself afterwards. It's been a mildly entertaining ride since. 

I've also never watched it back and never will. It's still too painful to think about physically watching it. That said, I'm glad it happened. For obvious reasons. 

Cannot believe it was only 4 years ago. 

14 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

I didn't think it could get worse than Cardiff, but boy was I wrong. Those 30 seconds at Vicarage Road were horrible. I didn't know what to do with myself afterwards. It's been a mildly entertaining ride since. 

Cardiff was worse for me in retrospect because we deserved to win through. Howard had the game of his life and only an offside penalty given by that idiot ref Webb cost us. YK's penalty was a disgrace, but we were robbed in normal time.

We weren't robbed at Watford, they were the better team, we hung in valiantly and were then given a gift, which we spurned. The rest is history but Kingy should have taken one for the team and taken out that Watford wide player on the

half way line, immediately after the pen miss. Obviously took days to get over, but in my heart of hearts I knew we didn't deserve it.

But the lads and manager used the disappointment in a tremendously positive way and four years later we are a world renowned, in some ways legendary football team, who achieved the impossible dream.

Can I just be greedy and ask for the FA Cup before I pop my clogs. 

Archived