Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Eurovision 2017

It's tonight.

Nothing really stands out as a winner. UK's entry is relatively good as there are some absolute shockers and at least she can sing. Obviously won't stand a chance though and is 50/1

Portugal and Italy are bookies favourite. Italy's is a pile of shit IMO

and the Portuguese one is a bit odd and neither of them are in English. 

Next favourite is then Bulgaria and it's just a bit naff

Sweden and Belgium is the next on the bookies list.

Go any further and you're getting into 50/1 shots...

Europe hated us enough before Brexit.

We don't form part of a bloc of countries voting for each other (The Balkans, Scandinavia, Former Eastern Bloc, Benelux).

We always send unknowns, rather than our front rank popular music stars.

Nul points.

6 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Europe hate us and its all tactical voting anyway, countries voting for their neighbours but usually the best song wins and United Kingdom end up near the bottom!

Nah that's just an excuse for the total crap we've entered.

9 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Europe hate us and its all tactical voting anyway, countries voting for their neighbours but usually the best song wins and United Kingdom end up near the bottom!

Not really. It's about exposure, Croatian singers are going to be better-known in Serbia for example, and vice versa. Also I don't think a country's performance is an indication of their popularity in Europe.

12 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Nah that's just an excuse for the total crap we've entered.

Yes and no. We're not allied with anyone, nor are Germany and France, that's why we all do poorly. The former yugoslav countries have a bloc, as do all the ones that used to be russia, there's the viking empire with Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark etc.; All we've got is the Irish and a few ex pats on the costa del sol.

9 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Yes and no. We're not allied with anyone, nor are Germany and France, that's why we all do poorly. The former yugoslav countries have a bloc, as do all the ones that used to be russia, there's the viking empire with Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark etc.; All we've got is the Irish and a few ex pats on the costa del sol.

My reference was to 'Europe hating us', countries voting for their neighbours is true.

Just now, purpleronnie said:

My reference was to 'Europe hating us', countries voting for their neighbours is true.

Eh, this year I can see it being the case. Russia have always been the pantomime villain, they pushed it too far by trying to send a singer who performed in Crimea during the annexation, not entering through Ukranian channels, while the competition is in Ukraine. With our general arrogance towards the rest of Europe, we will end up filling that role this year.

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, this year I can see it being the case. Russia have always been the pantomime villain, they pushed it too far by trying to send a singer who performed in Crimea during the annexation, not entering through Ukranian channels, while the competition is in Ukraine. With our general arrogance towards the rest of Europe, we will end up filling that role this year.

I suppose after brexit it could happen, but how would we know?, we always do rubbish.;)

Totally with you on Italy....don't understand its almost unbackable favouritism whatsoever. 

But then again I'm Australian and we're in Eurovision for the third year in a row so I guess logic possibly goes out the window with this comp...

When did socks go out of fashion? I missed THAT memo.

Nearly all the men this evening are sockless.

Given that they are mostly cavorting and dancing about, the shoe cupboards of Kyiv will be stinking tonight...

Give me a good pair of woolen socks, any day.

And over to Lithuania...and we give our top points to...oh my goodness it's our neighbours Latvia.

Meanwhile in Finland...and we give our top points to...oh my starry eyed surprise it's our neighbours Sweden!

etc etc etc.

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Also just saw this on Twitter about the Croatian lad:

04dba6ed4f1d22c32c07f821f45fbd9d.jpg

"I've had my fun, and that's all that matters"

[emoji38]

Is there a hidden meaning to this tweet or your post? 

Archived