Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tringfox

Slimani

24 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Pretty sure what I've stated were facts, but anyway.

You did but you have to contextualize, 7 goals isnt great but for the minutes he played it is a good goal return. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

disappointed in him today. yes he got the assist and well done to him for that but I expected better from him in other parts of his game. 

The header he missed with about 5 minutes to go.

The little run he went on where he could have shot from the edge of the box but instead decided to pass it to Mahrez who was marked by 3 players

The volley he should have got on target but went wide (perhaps a bit harsh on this one but still, make the keeper work!)

His first touch is similar to Ulloa's. And that's poor. Thought he was wasteful in possession today and first touch has to be better. 

Much prefer Okazaki's impact on the game but I can appreciate that they do both have their strengths or preferences on how they approach/play the game. 

Slimani first touch is better, some dodgy touches dont mean anything.

5 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Every player misses opportunities, but as you dont have a better argument i assume you are just trolling. 

to say with out him we would have lost is a bit far fetched, as i said earlier if you learn to read - whats to say his alternative would not have scored and assisted.

From your posts i suspect you're another defensive Algerian fanboy

1 hour ago, Vince Vega said:

I wasn't having a go. Not my style. I'm pretty patient really. It's just that taking the season as a whole, he hasn't come up with the goods. As far as price tags go, the more you pay, the bigger your expectations. If he only cost £1m, we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

He didn't set it himself. Not his fault that the tranfer price tags in the PL went crazy. He's ben carrying a groin ínjury the whole season. How people are tearing him a new one even if he did good just because of his price tag is beyond me.

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

The only thing he's good at is heading the ball and he missed a very easy chance today doing that. We got robbed paying 30M and a main striker to play alongside Vardy is a must in the window.

Yes but in equal measure, we need to be recruiting to replace Vardy too. I'm pretty sure we need to be moving on from the Vardy off the shoulder style of play and get some creativity in that midfield to allow another string to our bow.

Lots of apathy and downright hostility to Slimani from many of our fans. Same with Mahrez; one of the most skilful players that will ever wear our shirt. Musa too - perhaps more understandably. But all of them muslims. Is that a coincidence? Before anyone goes into immediate denial pause and check if there might be something in it? Unconsciously perhaps?

5 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Lots of apathy and downright hostility to Slimani from many of our fans. Same with Mahrez; one of the most skilful players that will ever wear our shirt. Musa too - perhaps more understandably. But all of them muslims. Is that a coincidence? Before anyone goes into immediate denial pause and check if there might be something in it? Unconsciously perhaps?

Completely and utterly wrong.

8 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

lol fvck that. not a chance.

maybe ask yourself some questions if this is the conclusion you're coming to. 

I can't make my mind up about Slimani. There is a decent footballer in there - not, admittedly, one worth £30m - but I was enraged by that late headed miss, which cost us three places in the final table. Unlike Okazaki, he does offer a consistent goal threat, but I get the feeling from his body language that he still feels a bit of an outsider in the team and his confidence and therefore decision-making are affected by that.

I'd like to see us persevere with him. On the other hand, if a big offer came in similar to what we paid for him, it would be sound business to replace him with someone better - or at least more Premier League-proven.

Just now, StanSP said:

lol fvck that. not a chance.

maybe ask yourself some questions if this is the conclusion you're coming to. 

Just a coincidence then? I think there is something in it. Slimani and especially Mahrez get way too much stick than they deserve IMO. So, it's natural for me to ask why that might be. Struggling for other reasons, so I am looking at this being a reason.

Lul wut.

I had to read that twice to see if what i read was real and whether or not you're taking the piss. I'm still not sure

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

His family were in a box right behind me in C2. Thought he was ok personally, seen him play worse for sure. Still think a huge offer would be hard to reject in the summer. 

They were watching as you wrote this weren't they 

13 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

hahaha what next racist if we think amartery shit

2 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Just a coincidence then? I think there is something in it. Slimani and especially Mahrez get way too much stick than they deserve IMO. So, it's natural for me to ask why that might be. Struggling for other reasons, so I am looking at this being a reason.

what about the fact that they have both under performed as opposed to their religion, that might be a good place to start looking

3 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Lul wut.

I had to read that twice to see if what i read was real and whether or not you're taking the piss. I'm still not sure

Haha! Genuine question. I am wondering why Slimani and especially Mahrez, one the best players we'll ever have, get so much stick. As I personally think it is undeserved so  I'm looking at this angle and wondering if there might be something in it. Unconsciously perhaps. Seems a bit of a coincidence that the three most criticised players are all muslims.

Just now, SydenhamFox said:

Haha! Genuine question. I am thing Slimani and especially Mahrez, one the best players we'll ever have, get so much stick. As I personally think is undeserved I'm looking at this angle and wondering if there might be something in it. Unconsciously perhaps. Seems a bit of a coincidence that the three most criticised players are all muslims.

lol fook me, I wish I was drunk aswell

1 minute ago, SydenhamFox said:

Haha! Genuine question. I am thing Slimani and especially Mahrez, one the best players we'll ever have, get so much stick. As I personally think is undeserved I'm looking at this angle and wondering if there might be something in it. Unconsciously perhaps. Seems a bit of a coincidence that the three most criticised players are all muslims.

What about N'didi, everybody loves him

2 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

Kante was a devout Muslim and was universally loved.

Slimani isn't anywhere near the best player Leicester have ever had or will ever have - there have been hundreds of better Leicester players than him.

1 minute ago, SydenhamFox said:

Haha! Genuine question. I am wondering why Slimani and especially Mahrez, one the best players we'll ever have, get so much stick. As I personally think it is undeserved so  I'm looking at this angle and wondering if there might be something in it. Unconsciously perhaps. Seems a bit of a coincidence that the three most criticised players are all muslims.

Congrats, worst post of the season

Archived