Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tringfox

Slimani

My biggest worry about Slimani is how he and Vardy get on.

In some groups there's the loudest and most active one who often dominates interactions. And if you don't get along with him - unless you just get your head down and become the world's best defensive midfielder regardless of whatever happens to be around you - you're often not going to be in the position to play your best football or whatever. You can see the man love between Vardy and Ndidi. But I worry Slimani and Vardy are both use to being the dominant type of character - I reckon Slimani was the central character back in Sporting. Obviously it's better to have a group focusing only on the football and helping each other perform to their best but it's not always the case.

Led both teams with 6 aerial duels, assisted the only goal, linked up very good, ran to open space, missed a very hard off balance header in the 83-84 minute mark, could've had another assist if the ref didn't rule vardy's goal out. dropped to midfielder and he hit the ground running.

I'm afraid the usual suspects are already preparing for life after mahrez by choosing slim as their new "punching bag"

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

One thing you can't say about slim is he is shit in the air although that header today was horrendous 

It wasn't horrendous, don't over state it. It was a miss, angle was tight he tried to go far post, not easy as it might seems, if you played football you would know. But agree that he should have scored that one, normal Slimani scores that all day long.

If we're talking about that miss then everything about that header was textbook. Technique cannot be faulted so don't tell me he cannot head the ball. It trickled past the post. If it lands 2 inches to the left we are saying the perfect headed goal and well done slimani goal and assist to win us the game.

He is definitely lacking confidence due to the lack of game time. He has had no proper run in the team and it was evident that as the game went on and he grew into it he was very dangerous. Remember that header at the near post from a Mahrez corner ? Again very nearly in the bottom corner.

Give the lad a chance and stop bleating on about £30Million as if it's come out of your dinner money.

Seemed to lose the ball every time he had it. Dribbled it out of play a few times.

And boy was that free header a sitter! Anywhere on target and it's in! But he still managed to put it wide 

Granted he will be rusty not playing week in week out. And there have been moments of quality this season. I do think he can come good...

But the doubts remain. If he isn't first choice, will we ever see the best of him? And can he do enough to force himself into the team? Doesn't seem to take his chance at the moment

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Seemed to lose the ball every time he had it. Dribbled it out of play a few times.

And boy was that free header a sitter! Anywhere on target and it's in! But he still managed to put it wide 

Granted he will be rusty not playing week in week out. And there have been moments of quality this season. I do think he can come good...

But the doubts remain. If he isn't first choice, will we ever see the best of him? And can he do enough to force himself into the team? Doesn't seem to take his chance at the moment

Assisted for the only goal and was linking up well the second half. Best goal return in the squand and "doesn't seem to take his chance"? What are you on about? And he just dribbled out of play twice, and didn't lose the ball that much.

9 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

Lots of apathy and downright hostility to Slimani from many of our fans. Same with Mahrez; one of the most skilful players that will ever wear our shirt. Musa too - perhaps more understandably. But all of them muslims. Is that a coincidence? Before anyone goes into immediate denial pause and check if there might be something in it? Unconsciously perhaps?

I think its mostly because of the fanboys refusing to admit they ever play bad games. For example. When we win its only Mahrez/Slimani credit. When we lose the team let them down. Pisses me off

Lazy bugger in first half. You could clearly and audibly hear and see Albrighton screaming at him.

If a sizeable bid comes in from China or the 'tards at West ham get rid and invest in someone who will compliment vardy.

4 hours ago, Argarath said:

I think its mostly because of the fanboys refusing to admit they ever play bad games. For example. When we win its only Mahrez/Slimani credit. When we lose the team let them down. Pisses me off

Hmm, I feel targeted so here it goes:

1)  "For example. When we win its only Mahrez/Slimani credit."

I don't recall ever claiming Slimani or Mahrez were MOTM. And I have not seen any Algerian "fan boys" do that in the match rating threads. 

2) "I think its mostly because of the fanboys refusing to admit they ever play bad games."

My last post on the Bournemouth post-match thread, I said that I thought that Mahrez played badly because he lost the ball too often.

So the only biased person here is you. I'm ready to criticize my compatriots, but you are not willing to give credit when credit is due. 

Can you deny that the Slimani hate is unreasonable? When Ulloa, Vardy and Shinji miss, sure, they get some comments in the live thread, but they don't make it a talking point for days to come. As for Slimani, right after he missed the header, the first reflex of some were to open a new thread to talk shit about him. 

IMO, Slimani had a decent game yesterday, especially considering the fact that he has been warming the bench for the past few weeks. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that he seems to have some bad blood with King, Albrighton and Vardy. As we know, chemistry is very important in football, so for that reason I think that Slimani needs to go for his good and for the good of the team. His talent as a target man is undeniable, but if there are internal problems, he'll never play to his full potential or have the motivation to improve. 

I thought he was probably our best player in the second half yesterday. Worked hard and looked up for it unlike some. The header he missed wasnt a sitter like people are saying either he was on the full strech and had to get the ball back across goal.

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

I thought he was probably our best player in the second half yesterday. Worked hard and looked up for it unlike some. The header he missed wasnt a sitter like people are saying either he was on the full strech and had to get the ball back across goal.

He was running into the penalty area and he should have shot but he passed it and mucked it up. If the balls not fired at his head he's not very effective. 

13 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He was running into the penalty area and he should have shot but he passed it and mucked it up. If the balls not fired at his head he's not very effective. 

You always make arguments with no evidence. In every single goal, he predicted the trajectory and moved accordingly. I don't understand this argument that slimani is not mobile.

I can admit that Slimani is not technical, not pacey, not good on scoring with his feet.. but one thing he's good at is mobility and heading the ball in.

Vardy and Albrighton were livid with him when they were pressing to stop them passing it out and he didn't cover the spare man near him.

He's a mixed bag, but he gets on the end of stuff. He's missed a few sitters this year, but he's always there or there about and I always fancy him for a goal.

11 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Can you deny that the Slimani hate is unreasonable?

Why all this hate cr@p ! ...   nobody hates him ! ...    It is just a discussion about one of our players which is the same for all of them.  Some like him as a player (myself included) and some think he is a waste of money.   Please try and be more balanced and not take everything so personally.      Your opening line is   "Hmm, I feel targeted so here it goes"  ...   what a load of bolox.

The real truth is that quite a few posters are only really interested in certain players and spend most of their time attacking anyone who says a bad word against them.   

4 minutes ago, Redouane said:

You always make arguments with no evidence. In every single goal, he predicted the trajectory and moved accordingly. I don't understand this argument that slimani is not mobile.

I can admit that Slimani is not technical, not pacey, not good on scoring with his feet.. but one thing he's good at is mobility and heading the ball in.

I mean he's good with his head but pretty shocking with the ball at his feet

The thing about Slimani is that no-one rates him as a £30M player, only the Club that sold him to us. You would expect him to be as good on the ground as he is with his head. It's too much of a luxury to play him just because of his heading ability, his game has to be about than that.

You lot can argue all day, and get out your OTT, analyse over any of our front guys. They mean zilch, nothind,

We need CM boss, running the gaff. Then the strikers can produce, their true attributes and flair..

Slimani...this season not worth wasting your typing..he walked into a crap side.End of story!!!

6 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I mean he's good with his head but pretty shocking with the ball at his feet

Oh my bad, thought you meant he wasn't mobile. I agree with you, he is terrible with his feet. It's a shame really, he could be such a good player like Aritz Aduriz if he improves his long shots. 

2 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Oh my bad, thought you meant he wasn't mobile. I agree with you, he is terrible with his feet. It's a shame really, he could be such a good player like Aritz Aduriz if he improves his long shots. 

Llorente is good with his feet but less mobile and lazy. 

Thought he had a much better 2nd half yesterday. Lost the ball a few times in the first half. Overall was still decent. Yes he missed a couple of chances but it happens. More regular game time in the side I can easily see him score plenty of goals for us next season.

People once again just don't allow our players to grow into the team. Not all players can become overnight successes. I really rate Slimani and I hope we stick with him, he gets a good pre season and he gets a solid run in the team week in week out so he can show everyone just how good he is.

24 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

The thing about Slimani is that no-one rates him as a £30M player, only the Club that sold him to us. You would expect him to be as good on the ground as he is with his head. It's too much of a luxury to play him just because of his heading ability, his game has to be about than that.

He is more than that...

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 12.14.52.png

Archived