Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tringfox

Slimani

7 minutes ago, Royston. said:

He's a good player. Never worth £30 million though:doh:

2 minutes ago, Vince Vega said:

£30m? Sorry but he is not good enough for the price tag. I think we got better value from Leonardo.

Its not his fault we paid £30m for him ...   bloody price tag hangs round his neck like a lead weight ....     if we got him for (say) £1m  :rolleyes:, and he used to play for Brentford, you'd probably think he was the second coming.   He wasn't too bad today imo and we know he can play a lot better ...   give the man a bit of slack.

I've been saying all season his first touch is appalling. 

But tbh I thought second half he was decent (much better than the first half) even though he should have scored that header.

he is improving..  and it is becoming clear that there are some things he must work on.  His upper body strength.. his decisiveness in front of goal... his ability to win a ball in the air and hold it up.  I think he can improve all these things.  If he works hard and we see that he has improved these things then we must all support him.  Let's see if he can show us that he is working on these things

Please for the love of god can we sign a proper link player this summer, we can't play target men (Ulloa/Slimani) there and expect them to do the job when the position is clearly new to them, and seeing as Okazaki can't last more than an hour and is poor in general, it really is key this gets sorted.

Slimani was much better second half though despite the missed chances, seemed to connect with Mahrez and Vardy more than usual.

Just now, Countryfox said:

Its not his fault we paid £30m for him ...   bloody price tag hangs round his neck like a lead weight ....     if we got him for (say) £1m  :rolleyes:, and he used to play for Brentford, you'd probably think he was the second coming.   He wasn't too bad today imo and we know he can play a lot better ...   give the man a bit of slack.

I wasn't having a go. Not my style. I'm pretty patient really. It's just that taking the season as a whole, he hasn't come up with the goods. As far as price tags go, the more you pay, the bigger your expectations. If he only cost £1m, we wouldn't be having this conversation. 

21 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

£28mil for 7 goals is a farce.

How he scored 48 goals over 82 games for his previous club is beyond me.

Absolute bloody waste.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Because he played in his role, and Sporting played better than Leicester played this season. 7 goals in the minutes he had is a very good goal return and considering his on and off season because of injuries and AFCON. Get your facts right mate, before commenting try do some research.

23 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

£28mil for 7 goals is a farce.

How he scored 48 goals over 82 games for his previous club is beyond me.

Absolute bloody waste.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

played in a dog shit league, ala Bas Dost

Surely was bought to try and get the best out of mahrez, hard to believe the same scout could've scouted mahrez kante and slim  

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yup, thats my point.

And I wan't having a go either mate ...   :)

I think he has a point. If he cost 28£ million he needs to show way more than he did all season. But people slate him for no reason, he hardly had play time, so it is obvious he wasn't going to be in his top form this season especially with all those injuries.

First half he didn't want to be here, looked like he was already on the transfer list. Fell out with Vardy and Albrighton, wasn't closing anyone down, waving his arms around all over the place.

When Shinji went to warm up, I seriously thought the shepherds crook was coming out.

Much better second half to be fair. Linked up very well with Vardy, just looked a bit short of confidence in the final third.

Meh thought he was fine. Obviously most on here and never going to stop wetting their pants about the price. Not Slim's fault we paid that much.

Needs to play as the main man if we want our monies worth. The fact we have to play him as a number 10 is ridiculous, same goes for Leo Ulloa and even Shinji. Pay the money for a proper number 10 or dont bother playing this formation.

I doubt he'll go to China though but he'll probably fancy a move to be used in his proper position. 

Because he played in his role, and Sporting played better than Leicester played this season. 7 goals in the minutes he had is a very good goal return and considering his on and off season because of injuries and AFCON. Get your facts right mate, before commenting try do some research.

Pretty sure what I've stated were facts, but anyway.

13 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Says who? whats to say his replacement wouldn't not have scored and assisted

He's assisted our equaliser, would have assisted another had it not been offside, played well in a role everyone knows isn't natural to him. But haters gonna hate, right?

5 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

He's assisted our equaliser, would have assisted another had it not been offside, played well in a role everyone knows isn't natural to him. But haters gonna hate, right?

and missed a sitter, given his the header expert 

disappointed in him today. yes he got the assist and well done to him for that but I expected better from him in other parts of his game. 

The header he missed with about 5 minutes to go.

The little run he went on where he could have shot from the edge of the box but instead decided to pass it to Mahrez who was marked by 3 players

The volley he should have got on target but went wide (perhaps a bit harsh on this one but still, make the keeper work!)

His first touch is similar to Ulloa's. And that's poor. Thought he was wasteful in possession today and first touch has to be better. 

Much prefer Okazaki's impact on the game but I can appreciate that they do both have their strengths or preferences on how they approach/play the game. 

Archived