Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

Loved the idea of this transfer to begin with but the more it goes on and I hear talk about buy back clauses, does he consider it a step back etc the more I want us to have a bit of pride, walk away and look for the right player. We still have Vardy and much more to get out of Slimani so I don't see the rush to undermine what our club is all about by going after the wrong targets.

4 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Loved the idea of this transfer to begin with but the more it goes on and I hear talk about buy back clauses, does he consider it a step back etc the more I want us to have a bit of pride, walk away and look for the right player. We still have Vardy and much more to get out of Slimani so I don't see the rush to undermine what our club is all about by going after the wrong targets.

Yeah I agree to an extent, but when the end of the window comes and we end up panic buying peter crouch, go on to barely scrape survival whilst losing 5-0 with an ihenacho hatrick to West Ham :( oh my goodness :(

I was once widely known as mystic meg by the way :D

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Yeah I agree to an extent, but when the end of the window comes and we end up panic buying peter crouch, go on to barely scrape survival whilst losing 5-0 with an ihenacho hatrick to West Ham :( oh my goodness :(

I was once widely known as mystic meg by the way :D

Good shout.

20 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

To be fair, Man City are in the Champions League and finished in the top four. We're out of the Champions League and did not finish in the top ten. Who wouldn't consider that a step back? But if he wants move game time and scores goals and makes chances I don't care. I'm only this keen on based on the completely unresearched assumption he can be our missing creative midfield link though.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

To be fair, Man City are in the Champions League and finished in the top four. We're out of the Champions League and did not finish in the top ten. Who wouldn't consider that a step back? But if he wants move game time and scores goals and makes chances I don't care. I'm only this keen on based on the completely unresearched assumption he can be our missing creative midfield link though.

Oh I see your point, and yes along those lines it would be a step back but in others, such as  regular game time, a step forward. I just think that if someone arrives at our club with the over riding mindset that it's a step back then I don't think it's the kind of signing that will take us forward.

1 minute ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Oh I see your point, and yes along those lines it would be a step back but in others, such as  regular game time, a step forward. I just think that if someone arrives at our club with the over riding mindset that it's a step back then I don't think it's the kind of signing that will take us forward.

I guess it depends if that is his mindset. He could arrive purely focused on the football, proving himself and helping the team. I guess and hope Shakey et al assess his mindset and focus before signing.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I guess it depends if that is his mindset. He could arrive purely focused on the football, proving himself and helping the team. I guess and hope Shakey et al assess his mindset and focus before signing.

He could, with a buy back clause he could be focussed on breaking into the Man City team in 2 years time. I really despise this feeder club strategy they are playing and want our club to have no part in it.

3 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

He could, with a buy back clause he could be focussed on breaking into the Man City team in 2 years time. I really despise this feeder club strategy they are playing and want our club to have no part in it.

Are you against loans?  I think you are oblivious to the strategies of many football clubs including our own. How many young players have we signed already? They aren't for the first team.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Are you against loans?  I think you are oblivious to the strategies of many football clubs including our own. How many young players have we signed already? They aren't for the first team.

No not against loans. Important for the good of many young players.  But, I am aware of the strategies of many clubs and how teams like Chelsea and Man City buy up a lot of young talent, stockpile them and then loan them out as a way (amongst others) to receive revenue from them thus offsetting financial fair play then sell them on at a massive profit and include a buy back clause just in case they have made a mistake. I'm not blind, I see that all football is now a money making game whereby strategies such as these are in place and are more lucrative than actually winning the league BUT when big clubs use ours as part of their strategy to monopolise the game I don't like it.

10 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

No not against loans. Important for the good of many young players.  But, I am aware of the strategies of many clubs and how teams like Chelsea and Man City buy up a lot of young talent, stockpile them and then loan them out as a way (amongst others) to receive revenue from them thus offsetting financial fair play then sell them on at a massive profit and include a buy back clause just in case they have made a mistake. I'm not blind, I see that all football is now a money making game whereby strategies such as these are in place and are more lucrative than actually winning the league BUT when big clubs use ours as part of their strategy to monopolise the game I don't like it.

We do it and it's an important strategy for the club in order to fund the signing and wages of key players.

To a lesser extent obviously but we do it.

TvsW makes a good point.  We've got to decide what we want and have the confidence to believe in the policy rather than being pressured by the actions of others.

There are exceptions to every rule and Iheanacho might just be one of them. You can't make big wedges on everyone but sometimes quality can bring the best out of less than exceptional players.

The other factor is whether there are comparable alternatives who'll have the same effect but fit into our modus operandi more readily.

If not, there's no point spoiling the puzzle through the loss of one piece.  

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

If not, there's no point spoiling the puzzle through the loss of one piece.  

I like this sentiment, even if by definition a puzzle that lacks a piece cannot be made whole and suffers as a result.

Let's make haste slowly, slowly. 

:revenge:

Archived