Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

Spent the afternoon mixing concrete at one of my lads house, putting in foundation for steps in his split level garden. Back part is an old railway embankment about 6ft higher.

No ready mix for us, sand cement aggregate and water, with a shovel the old fashioned way. Yes we were sweating profusely, but rather be doing it on the heat than the rain, plus the cold beers always taste better.  Being an old timer, I did most of the mixing as he had always used that quick drying stuff.

However, I do love the hot weather, reminds me of school holidays in the 60's when it always seemed to be hot summers and cold winters. Obviously your memory does play tricks and this probably wasn't always the case.

Anyway. I love our climate especially the really hot and really cold weather. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You wait until it c starts pssing down....The forum will really go in meltdown....Then there is the

Frost and snow to come....

Exactly, shite weather living in this country for the majority of it, all the people moaning about this can do one, let us enjoy the precious few days/weeks/mont...nah!

I've not got much in my house, cheapest of everything and everything breaks but I broke the bank for quality 3 piece suite and air conditioning, just so I can win at this game of life for 3 days every 3 years.

PS my boiler just broke so I have to click the immersion on for a few hours every night for hot water.

Edited by Great Boos Up
update
  • Like 1

To any other fair skinned gingers on here - I feel your pain.

Just five minutes outside in this and we turn into a beetroot.

Me and the kids share factor 50 sun cream this time of year lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

To any other fair skinned gingers on here - I feel your pain.

Just five minutes outside in this and we turn into a beetroot.

Me and the kids share factor 50 sun cream this time of year lol

I went out for a couple of hours, I have burn lines between my socks and shorts and arms and don't even get started on the back of my neck. I'm too old to wear my cap backwards now and too young for a boonie hat. **** summer these burns will last till next year

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I went out for a couple of hours, I have burn lines between my socks and shorts and arms and don't even get started on the back of my neck. I'm too old to wear my cap backwards now and too young for a boonie hat. **** summer these burns will last till next year

You wear socks with shorts? :blink:

What kind of a weirdo are you?

22 minutes ago, Beliall said:

I think I might have spotted you out and about earlier today actually..

Image result for socks and shorts

• Like 2

We Brits are entitled to moan about how shit our weather is.

Cold, wet and dreary for the most part. And when it's actually warm, it's not nice, it's horribly humid. Hot weather feels so much better abroad than here. I was in Lanzorote for a week at the beginning of the month. It peaked at 29 degrees when we were there. The sun felt very hot and tanning was easy, but it also felt fresh especially with a sea breeze. Inside (without air con) it was still fairly comfortable. 

Now, here, it's about the same temperature. But it feels awful. The sun itself doesn't feel that strong in comparison to the med but it's just so still and muggy and sticky.

Our climate is shit and I feel justified moaning about it lol

1 hour ago, Buce said:

You wear socks with shorts? :blink:

What kind of a weirdo are you?

errrm dont want to ruin my trainers with sweaty feet

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I think I might have spotted you out and about earlier today actually..

Image result for socks and shorts

I...Cant.....look.....................away

55 minutes ago, Buce said:

Yeah, you're right - I shouldn't mock the disabled. 

lol