Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

The Heat

6 minutes ago, SCP1906 said:

Whats the temperature / ° Celsius in Leicester today?

Where I am/work it's 32°C now.

Where I live, 30 km away from here, its 28/29°C.

Lucky to live close to the sea.

Where my fathers in law live it's above 40-42°C.

Some other places its 44°C...

With such high temps...:

Wildfire in Portugal that made (at least) 64 deads and more than 150 with injuries, almost it fathers in law village.

Fathers in law fought wildfire, fire was 100-150 meters from their house.

Fortunately they, and other family and neighbours managed to keep fire away from the houses and they are all safe.

We (Me, Mrs.) were far away (150km) and even if we want, we couldn't go there, roads were closed.

There's an english family that lives in a village also among those caught by wildfire that survived:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40320609

He messaged is parents 'it's the end'... But with luck and help.. he survived.

F**k portuguese politicians that made wildfire fight private, ending Airforce capability to fight wildfires a dozen years ago.

Now we pay a lot to private heli's and airplane's and still need help from spanish and french (Airforce..) airplanes.

With climate change Portugal/Spain/south Italy will be it with more and more high temperatures.

F**k Trump too.

/rant

It's around 28 degrees here. Forecast to touch 30 tomorrow, before a big thunderstorm. 

It's the lack of a breeze that's making it so bad, no wind at all.

Glad you're all safe after the fire, I read a couple of articles on it the other day, looked like a scene from a disaster movie. I can't even begin to imagine what those poor people went through. Absolutely horrific. 

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It's around 28 degrees here. Forecast to touch 30 tomorrow, before a big thunderstorm. 

It's the lack of a breeze that's making it so bad, no wind at all.

Glad you're all safe after the fire, I read a couple of articles on it the other day, looked like a scene from a disaster movie. I can't even begin to imagine what those poor people went through. Absolutely horrific. 

That's similar to where I live. 

It's nearby sea, so a lot of humidity, feels a bit higher but usually there's a small breeze, that makes bearable.  

Yes it really was like a disaster movie.. and horrific.

Much of those  who died could still be alive. They were scared with such big wildfire with strong winds coming in there direction, they fled in their cars and were caught/surrounded by wildfire in the road. 

Most of them if they stayed in their houses they would survive. But we know that now, and we can't imagine what they saw, felt and suffered. :(

Poor people. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

No socks with shoes is revolting. 

What's more revolting is when people wear normal socks with shorts, ankle socks only

Edited by Wookie

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Aslong as your trainers/socks are brand coordinated I have no problem with normal socks and shorts. Nike socks with Adidas shoes for example is sacrilege, mixing those 2 brands at all is wrong tbh 

Fair play. At least you're showing brand loyalty whilst looking a fool lol

• Like 3

Shorts / Trainers should be worn with trainer-socks (invisible socks) - the only thing acceptable. 

Wearing pulled up socks or visible socks out the top of shoes with shorts is a crime against fashion. 

Equally, wearing shoes without ANY socks is uncomfortable / hot and your foot sticks to the insole. 

Trainer socks ffs people. 

Image result for trainer socks

Edited by daz*dsb

First world problems with all these rules on what you should or shouldnt wear with shoes etc. You little women! :)

I could care less what you wear or dont wear with shoes. I mean wearing socks with runners makes sense but to each their own.

What i don't understand are the people who wear socks with sandals. Whats up with that? I mean if you have socks on and run outside to post a letter or grab somethong from your car no biggy. But walking around a mall with socks and sandals?  Only if you have medical issues wih your feet grandpa.