Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

9 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Fair comment, although pretty brainless move. Must be the money on offer. He will probably get them to stay up just, but he's on a hiding to nothing. 

Turning to who's going up, would prefer Fulham or QPR, can't beat an overnight stay in the smoke. Apart from Leeds, everywhere else is rubbish. But both these teams look like middle table finishes. 

If he keeps them up he is a hero  

Some unbelievable moments in the Championship this weekend. Sunderland v Millwall with the most comical goalkeeping I can remember and Neal Maupay with the worst miss I've ever seen, it's that bad I'm actually not one bit convinced he even tried to score.

Guest FriendlyRam

Wolves as usual looked in cruise control? I think if they actually tried theyd thump most teams in this league

A point was good for us I think, win our game in hand and it gets us in the top 6 i think

Does look like the top 3 willpull away though, with wolves breaking away from the other 2 over Christmas, if they dont do a derby and bottle it lol

Wolves as usual looked in cruise control? I think if they actually tried theyd thump most teams in this league

A point was good for us I think, win our game in hand and it gets us in the top 6 i think

Does look like the top 3 willpull away though, with wolves breaking away from the other 2 over Christmas, if they dont do a derby and bottle it lol

Yes we didn't play great or anything yesterday but we have enough quality going forward to always get goals as long as we somehow keep them out at the other end. Ruddy had a mare first half but pulled out a world class save 2nd half. Three 2-0s in a row. Leeds up next on Wed night.

Oh and we'll definitely spend money in January. The owners have decided to promise him unlimited funds it seems.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

West Brom and Wolves swapping places next season? I don't mind either way, I just want some more Midlands team in the PL. Could do with Derby coming up as well. 

Birmingham, West Brom and Forest, all have cracking away ends. Very good awayday also. 

Villa & wolves crap away ends, Derby just the same as our lego stadium with black seats. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Birmingham, West Brom and Forest, all have cracking away ends. Very good awayday also. 

Villa & wolves crap away ends, Derby just the same as our lego stadium with black seats. 

Yeah, I love West Brom away. One of my favourites.

why would andy king, contracted and still a regular in match day squads for a team potentially aiming for europe, who he’s been with his whole career, want to probably go and play in league one, for sunderland? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest FriendlyRam

Wolves shouldnt over do it on the spending, if they get away over the next 7 weeks (7+ point gap to 3rd) id be reluctant to sign more than 1 player,, weve seen what bringing in too my players can do and they look certs for promotion now so just keep doing what your doing. dont go daft in january.

To be fair lad, lots of clubs think that. 

Lots of clubs aren't the 2nd richest club in England, or have Jorge Mendes helping us find and sign players though.

Wolves shouldnt over do it on the spending, if they get away over the next 7 weeks (7+ point gap to 3rd) id be reluctant to sign more than 1 player,, weve seen what bringing in too my players can do and they look certs for promotion now so just keep doing what your doing. dont go daft in january.

It's chump change to our owners. They want to make sure we get promoted. We need to keep an eye on FFP, but it will only cause issues if we don't go up inthe next two seasons.

We need a backup striker and possibly another RWB. That's about it.

Yes we are 2nd richest. The head of Fosun is worth at least 8 billion alone. Then you have 4 other billionaires in there too. We're not under any illusion that it's some kind of guarantee of success either, but we know the owners aren't messing about and are willing to spend whatever it takes to make us successful.

No, Mendes wasn't much of a success at Valencia or his other clubs, but he's bucking the trend at Wolves. All of the players signed with his help have worked out so far. He's given us access to players we wouldn't normally have. I think the key is having a manager who knows how to identify players to fit his system rather than just buy them because they're good.

The key is the manager, not the money. But that obviously helps attract whichever players you want.

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yes we are 2nd richest. The head of Fosun is worth at least 8 billion alone. Then you have 4 other billionaires in there too. We're not under any illusion that it's some kind of guarantee of success either, but we know the owners aren't messing about and are willing to spend whatever it takes to make us successful.

No, Mendes wasn't much of a success at Valencia but he's bucking the trend at Wolves. All of the players signed with his help have worked out so far. He's given us access to players we wouldn't normally have. I think the key is having a manager who knows how to identify players to fit his system rather than just buy them because they're good.

The key is the manager, not the money. But that obviously helps attract whichever players you want.

3Gduepif0T1UGY8H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

finners is right tbf. you can attract better players that teams like forest or barnsley. when you come up you’ll realise EVERYONE is rich. money doesn’t even matter. 

youll probably go up and you’ll probably stay up but that’s because most of this division is much of a muchness, look at all the promoted teams from the last few years. if you think you’ll attract better players than any top half teams, richest team to ever exist or not, you’ll probably be wrong. 

look at us as an example. when we first came up we had everything in place to do really well and missed out on some of our targets. even when we had stayed up, had a “marquee” manager and a lot of money players were turning us down to go to aston villa because they’d heard of aston villa. even when we’d won the league and were top seeds in the fcking champions league quite a lot of our targets weren’t massively keen because we’re still leicester at the end of the day. and you’ll still be wolves, whether you think some chinese fella changes that or not. 

Pretty much this.

Man City's first proper window they signed Robinho and a bunch of no-marks and finished 10th (9th the season before).

Took them like 5 years to win the league.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever suggested we'll go up and storm the league, or be signing Ronaldo or anything! Mendes does have plenty of influence on where his players go though, probably on future promises. His relationship with our owners is quite strong compared to other clubs too, as they invested heavily in his agency Gestifute a few years back. So it's in his best interests to keep them happy.

I think we'll probably do ok as long as we keep Nuno. An ex CL and continental manager who plays decent football is always a decent draw for players, rather than signing for the aging British tactical dinosaurs like Pulis/Allardyce/Moyes/etc.

I agree it'll take a few years, but after more than enough years of pissing around in this godforsaken division, us Wolves fans are more than willing to be patient given the resources at our disposal now.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I don't think I've ever suggested we'll go up and storm the league, or be signing Ronaldo or anything! Mendes does have plenty of influence on where his players go though, probably on future promises. His relationship with our owners is quite strong compared to other clubs too, as they invested heavily in his agency Gestifute a few years back. So it's in his best interests to keep them happy.

I think we'll probably do ok as long as we keep Nuno. An ex CL and continental manager who plays decent football is always a decent draw for players, rather than signing for the aging British tactical dinosaurs like Pulis/Allardyce/Moyes/etc.

I agree it'll take a few years, but after more than enough years of pissing around in this godforsaken division, us Wolves fans are more than willing to be patient given the resources at our disposal now.

yeah that’s fair, but the point finners was trying to make I think was that money is pretty irrelevant. the fact you’ve apparently got the 2nd richest owners in football doesn’t matter, cos every team in the prem can (and most have) spend 20-30 mill on players, and you’re not good enough to attract players worth any more than that. 

as far as spending goes you’ll come up and join the rest of us “bottom half teams” over spending on “quite good” players and missing out on top quality players because it doesn’t matter how much more money you throw at them, they’d probably rather go to a second rate champions league team like roma or monaco than join wolves for an extra 20 grand a week, because they don’t know what a wolf even is. 

• Like 1