Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Really wouldn’t mind seeing Derby come up- it’s been 15 years since we met either of the other East Midlands clubs in the top flight, and it would be interesting to see if the rivalry intensified a bit again with more at stake.

Forest can continue to rot though.

I’m torn over whether I want the bigger teams down there to come back up- away days at the likes of Villa, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday would be great, but it’s easier to compete with Swansea, Bournemouth and Burnley.

Championship table starting to take shape with Villa and Derby taking up play-off spots.

Ironically Sunderland actually went up a place with their draw at Bolton.

Pearson would be the ideal fit for Sunderland in many ways, but I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole if I were him.

Guest FriendlyRam

According to norwich fans Wolves looked by far the best team theyve seen in the past 2 seasons in this division, they were in cruise control apparently. I can vouch for that having seen them at our place,, we grind out wins whereas they look in total control,, I think theyll cruise it tbh, odd defeat followed by 3 or 4 easy wins. They are the club to look at when spending money, buy the right players that fit a system and youll not be far off.

10 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Cardiff still just doing there stuff and getting on with it.

How long it will last, nobody knows but I'm happy    :ph34r:

Struggling to score goals but seem very steady. Them and Bristol City the early surprise packages. Should be the usual friendly encounter tomorrow lunchtime....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

(Cardiff) Struggling to score goals but seem very steady. Them and Bristol City the early surprise packages. Should be the usual friendly encounter tomorrow lunchtime....

Colin W*nker working his magic again with journeymen footballers. I know most people on here can't stand him but he is the top man for getting results out of a lost cause. I expect this will be an unpopular posting but there was a time, before Pearson, when I wouldn't have been unhappy with him here. He might even have got goals out of De Vries and Hammond, and had the Brickie commanding his box!

On 11/2/2017 at 00:52, spacemunky said:

Villa have crept up the table, after a terrible start to the season.

Villa will go up. I predicted they'd win the league but not sure about that now, they'll definitely finish top 6 though.

Watched them on tv Wednesday night, their first 11 is incredible at that level. A defence of Hutton, Terry, Chester, El Mohammady and the likes of Hourahian, Snodgrass and Whelan in midfield.

I hope they come back up too, I love Villa away.

Edited by Fox92

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Villa will go up. I predicted they'd win the league but not sure about that now, they'll definitely finish top 6 though.

Watched them on tv Wednesday night, their first 11 is incredible at that level. A defence of Hutton, Terry, Chester, El Mohammady and the likes of Hourahian, Snodgrass and Whelan in midfield.

I hope they come back up too, I love Villa away.

Defence strong, not so sure about the midfield and attack though, when you look at other teams like Boro, Derby and Wolves they look to have better options in MF and upfront

On 01/11/2017 at 07:23, FriendlyRam said:

Not surprised really. They are relying on james vaughan and lewis grabban for goals, and their creative spark is aiden mcgeady. They need some serious investment.

All three of those players don't have any hard work in them at all. Grayson needed workmen and signed showponies. 

Guest FriendlyRam

Wolves remind me of Newcastle from the 2010 season (i think thats the year), in that we know its obvious they are going up, going through the motions. The only hope is that their flair players dislike the long winter, but their top and on another level to the rest. 

Id take finishing 2nd and going up behind them though :)

Guest FriendlyRam

Poor today :(

I knew soon as Martin opened his gob about us being on fire wed get that today lol

Strangely.. no Ledley and we looked dreadful. Joe Ledley is our lynchpin lol

Good result for them down the road aswell :(

Edited by FriendlyRam

Wilder continuing to impress, that’s just a team with a serious desire to win when you’re 1-0 down for that long and end up sticking 4 in! 

I reallt hope hope he stays with Sheff Utd but surely there’s Prem teams on the phone at the minute? 

Its not like hes flash in the pan he’s been successful in some way or another everywhere he’s gone.

And he’s chrrently got Sheff Utd playing Bielsa/Guardiola style with crazy overlapping centre backs lol

Great to watch anyway!