Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Guest FriendlyRam

As has been said wolves dont even need to come out of 2nd gear. From 3rd to 8th, we are just hoping Cardiff slip up, because the wolfs are in no mood to relax. Theyre averaging something ridiculous like 2.3 points a game atm :o, 47 points in 20 games is almost ridiculous, and Cardiff are almost keeping up with em, but i cant see them keeping their form up. 

Whats the 23 game half way record,, wolves could be on 56 and that surely beats the record?

Guest FriendlyRam
9 hours ago, The Bear said:

The mentality of Nuno doesn't allow us to relax or take things easy. We'll lose more games but each time we have so far we've come back and won the next one with a clean sheet. We've kept the most clean sheets in the league and the defensive organisation to get back into position when we lose the ball during games is fantastic. I genuinely can't see us losing two in a row from here on in. We're too well coached and have too much attacking talent.

Btw I don't remember that game you speak of at all. Must have wiped it from memory!

Tbh us derby lot dont like to remember it either, that was our peak under mcclaren, and it was all down hill from there, was the start of a major collapse and it should have been the springboard to our  promotion.

Edited by FriendlyRam

There's no way Wolves aren't coming up now. Must say I wasn't particularly impressed by them when I saw them at Brentford, but they must be better than that to be doing so well. However, from the little of the Championship I've seen this year, apart from Sheffield United's performance at Leeds, I've not been impressed at all and there's been some dire dire stuff.

• Like 1

Watched Wolves last night and wasn’t really that impressed. @The Bear was that an off day by your lads or is what it’s like most weeks? Birmingham were awful, really bad in fact and didn’t offer anything they’ll go down imo. 

For all the good attacking players Wolves have got it was Willy Boly who impressed me the most. Big, strong, quick would definitely have him at Leicester. 

• Like 1

No that was an off day. We were missing Neves' influence in the middle. We played ok first half but second half we were poor by our standards.

Good job Blues are awful as they still didn't manage a shot on target all game even with us underperforming. We still had enough chances to put the​ game to bed though. We were unusually wasteful with those.

Yeah Boly is an absolute beast. Makes it look so easy and just swats players away. He's miles better than Morgan. Only on loan from Porto but I imagine he's one we'll be looking to sign up permanently in January.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

No that was an off day. We were missing Neves' influence in the middle. We played ok first half but second half we were poor by our standards.

Good job Blues are awful as they still didn't manage a shot on target all game even with us underperforming. We still had enough chances to put the game to bed though. We were unusually wasteful with those.

Yeah Boly is an absolute beast. Makes it look so easy and just swats players away. He's miles better than Morgan. Only on loan from Porto but I imagine he's one we'll be looking to sign up permanently in January.

I've seen quite a bit of Wolves and you're a cracking side who I think have all the tools to have a crack at the top half of the Prem next year, but that is a silly statement. Morgan is nearly 34 and still a very decent defender. Perhaps though he's one of those players who you can't properly appreciate unless you watch him every week :thumbup:.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Good job Blues are awful as they still didn't manage a shot on target all game even with us underperforming. We still had enough chances to put the game to bed though. We were unusually wasteful with those.

It's statements like "he'  miles better than Morgan" that make people mock you. Yeah Wolves look good and you'l probably win the league, but you do seem to be getting a bit giddy with the excitement, prematurely declaring yourselves as the next Man City.

If Boly really was better than a premier league winning centre back who starts as captain week in week out for a Mid table premier league team, he wouldn't have been loaned to wolves in the championship no matter how much money you'd thrown at the deal. He'd be starting for his parent club or one of the many premier league teams in desperate need for a good centre back would have snapped him up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

Big Wes - 3 times championship team of the year, football league team of the decade, PFA team of the year, played every minute captaining the greatest story ever told in winning the premier league

Boly - played alright in the championship for 4 months 

Can't help but feel we've been had here, it's decent banter.

Morgan is nearly 34 and still a very decent defender. Perhaps though he's one of those players who you can't properly appreciate unless you watch him every week [emoji106].

He is a decent defender, and I've seen plenty of him over the years. He's always been a bit limited in my eyes personally I thought he raised his game and had to play out of his skin the season you won the league.  

I'm guessing not many of you have ever actually seen Boly play to compare though.

If Boly really was better than a premier league winning centre back who starts as captain week in week out for a Mid table premier league team, he wouldn't have been loaned to wolves in the championship no matter how much money you'd thrown at the deal. He'd be starting for his parent club or one of the many premier league teams in desperate need for a good centre back would have snapped him up. 

Uncle Jorge strikes again. We've got several players who should already be playing in the Prem. Wes only git there by being promoted with you lot after playing the majority career in the Football League.

And there's plenty of shite CBs playing in the Prem already. It's not like managers don't sign rubbish ones. Hegazi at WBA immediately springs to mind. Even top clubs have "poor" CBs like Mangala and Rojo who are both rubbish for that level.

Big Wes - 3 times championship team of the year, football league team of the decade

Boly won't be in the Football League long enough to match that.  

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He is a decent defender, and I've seen plenty of him over the years. He's always been a bit limited in my eyes personally I thought he raised his game and had to play out of his skin the season you won the league.  

I'm guessing not many of you have ever actually seen Boly play to compare though.

Uncle Jorge strikes again. We've got several players who should already be playing in the Prem. Wes only git there by being promoted with you lot after playing the majority career in the Football League.

And there's plenty of shite CBs playing in the Prem already. It's not like managers don't sign rubbish ones. Hegazi at WBA immediately springs to mind. Even top clubs have "poor" CBs like Mangala and Rojo who are both rubbish for that level.

Wes only got there by being successful lol

47 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah two full internationals one just coming back from a major injury..... Mangala would walk into pretty much every team in the prem!

If he is that good he wont be at Wolves in January.

Wes is pound for pound one of the best signings ever in league football!