Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Been telling my wolves supporting mate that I reckon Wolves will walk away with it. Yes they will lose the odd game but I can see them being the most consistent team over the course of the season. Can certainly see Derby doing something this season.

Not sure about Cardiff. Warnock knows what it takes to get promoted so I guess they have a good chance.

Personally I think Aston Villa will finish behind Wolves for the autos. I can see them going on a late surge up the table. They seem to be getting back on track. Although a long injury for Kodjia might derail them a bit.

Always loved the Championship. Such a competitive division. Just glad we aren't in it. For now :ph34r:

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

Talking of spending, we haven't spent as much as people think we have:

1ee0my0.jpg

gotta assume some decent money passed hands in those loan deals though, they appear as though they’re not your average championship emergency loan from spurs’ youth team reserves. probably on loan as a way to get round ffp. 

Yes there would be fees. Not likely to be that big though.

We will surely make Jota (Around £12-15m) and Bonatini (£5m) permanent in January. As well as buying another striker.

Our main expenditure last season was making Costa permanent (£13m) and buying Cavaleiro for £7m.

Still a fair bit spent over two seasons but nothing to worry FFP yet. And that won't be a problem any more if we go up this season as it's £105m loss allowed over 3 seasons in the Prem compared to £39m over 3 seasons in the Championship.

17 hours ago, Tuna said:

How tight is that budget though? I count nearly 30 first team players. Squad's enourmous.

Enormous it may be but effing cheap     :thumbup:

Cardiff City Squad                   28

Cardiff City Transfers In 2017/2018

Player From Club Transfer Date Type
Liam Feeney Blackburn Rovers 31-08-2017 Free
Craig Bryson Derby County 31-08-2017 Loan
Omar Bogle Wigan 17-08-2017 Unknown
F. Kiss Haugesund 24-07-2017 Unknown
Lee Tomlin Bristol City 13-07-2017 Unknown
Loic Damour Bourg 06-07-2017 Free
Callum Paterson Hearts 01-07-2017 Free
B. Wilson Rochdale 01-07-2017 Unknown
M. Kennedy Plymouth Argyle 01-07-2017 Unknown
I. Saadi KV Kortrijk 01-07-2017 Unknown
Neil Leonard Dula Etheridge Walsall 01-07-2017 Free
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing Rochdale 01-07-2017 Free
S. O'Keefe MK Dons 01-07-2017 Unknown
Adam Le Fondre Bolton 30-06-2017 Unknown
Danny Ward Rotherham United 22-06-2017 1.8M €
Lee Camp Rotherham United 16-06-2017 Free
A. Oshilaja Gillingham 01-06-2017 Unknown
Allan McGregor Hull City 18-01-2017 Loan
I. Meite Harrow 10-01-2017 Unknown
Rhys Healey Newport County 09-01-2017 Unknown
Greg Halford Rotherham United 06-01-2017 Unknown
O. Byrne Man Utd 02-11-2017

Free

Edited by Chico1958

Guest FriendlyRam

That Cardiff squad looks no better than Sunderland, yet one is 2nd and the other rock bottom. Proves what can happen if you get them pulling in the same direction. 

Bloody Leon Clarke. He was never particularly good for us, or anyone else for that matter. He's never scored more than 8 in a season and he's on 13 already. Completely weird aberration of a season for him.

Was hoping Blues could hold on for the win but a draw will do. Just need Forest to do us a favour tomorrow as well against Cardiff.

I got redirected to Page 1 by Tapatalk so had a quick look through the pre-season stuff and noticed it's time for some middle fingers!

(This is all in fun btw.)

14/1 wolves to go down. 

Worth a tenner. Unknown manager, players not familiarised with the league.

It's like Solbakken all over again. 

There is no way this ends well for Wolves lol

Apologies@TheBear . Portohampton Wanderers will do actually nothing this season. 10th if you're lucky

There's no way a player at Wolves is going to get picked to play for Portugal while they're in the Championship

Neves played for Portugal in the last International window.

Looks like Nuno has been lined up to replace him. From Porto to Wolves in a matter of months.

Got to be the odds on favourite to be first one sacked. This Mendes/Fosun thing looks rotten.

Reminds me of Leicester under Sven. Plenty of 'all-star' names with pedigree however, it's not the recipe for Championship success. You'll just be wildly inconsistant, world beaters one week, pathetic the next.

Only thing I can say with any certainty is Wolves are going to be mid table at best. 

[emoji122]
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I got redirected to Page 1 by Tapatalk so had a quick look through the pre-season stuff and noticed it's time for some middle fingers!

(This is all in fun btw.)

Neves played for Portugal in the last International window.

emoji122.png

egg-on-face.jpg

• Haha 1