Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Saying that a 34 year old Morgan who's only on his way down nowadays, is not as good as a 26 year old Porto player (who has also played in the Europa League and the Champions League too btw), is hardly delusional. Or anything like the absolute nonsense that Arfield is better than Mahrez.

It's just an opinion lads! We'll buy him permanently soon and we can all find out in 12 months time. I might be wrong, I doubt it though.

Edited by The Bear

Heaton for me, but I would say that, wouldn't i? Nothing in it.

Trippier, not even a debate.

Shackell and Moore.

Mee or Konch? Hobson's choice.

Cambiasso, can we have the Cambiasso of 8 years ago? Way too early to tell.

Drinkwater/Jones, not much in it, probably Drinkwater.

Nugent? No thanks. Ulloa, yes please, with Ings.

Airfield over either of you wingers. But, either of your wingers over Wallace, Taylor or Kightly.

It's hard to do these comparisons without being swayed towards your own players, but I did try. :)

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'll see my mate in the pub later tonight who's a Forest STH so I'll get his opinion on it. He's seen more of Morgan than any of you lot!

Yeah but we've seen the best of Morgan. He's become a decent top flight centre half here.

Surely there's no point comparing a defender who's slowly on the decline to one who is approaching his prime? Half a season playing pretty good doesn't make him better than Morgan though.

I actually agree with this. It's only an opinion at the minute based on what I've seen so far, and obviously in a poorer league.

When Morgan has to play a higher line he looks a bit cumbersome. When he's defending the box he's immense. I think he's fitter and leaner now compared to when he joined (nearly six years ago, time has flown!) and has shown he can do it in the Premier League which wasn't always expected.

The amount of blocks he puts in per season is ridiculous.