Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

Anyone know what wages he has been on since new contract? It's just that despite his quote of "Ambitions" I'm sure he wouldn't take a cut which leads me to two questions / points:-

How does he and his agent know another club would match his wage, with that wage being based on his 2015-16 level of performance and not the in and out of games level he's been at this year. The answer, to avoid the claims of illegal approaches is that it's being done through the media, the papers, sky sports, talk sport etc.

If the bidding club agree to match or better this wage they then can't justify offering a shit transfer fee, we'd just point at the wage and say that level of player costs £50-£70 million to buy.

Just get it sorted one way or another, make Sterling "exhibit A" in any discussion over fee but don't run out of time to use the money ourselves and that's only if it is an acceptible offer, if not he stays.

Just now, Babylon said:

Disrespectful to release that statement really. 

Pisses me off as now it could put off some potential signings.

Good point Babs. He could have just left and let that be that. On one hand you could say it's good that he had some nice words for the club and the fans but a cynic might suggest that by making such a public statement of intent he's pretty much forcing a move away.

I feel very sad about this and had hoped all the hype was just that HYPE. But now he has said he wants to leave we should let him. No point hanging onto a player who has set his heights higher than LCFC. It feels to me he was pushed into staying last year and felt obliged to do so, hence his downfall in form.

Please dont let him go for silly money but no point holding out for more than he is worth. £35m is a good figure. 

Good Bye Riyad, i will miss you and thank you for your little bursts of genius, especially in the clubs most successful year.

Moving on - Lets buy in a suitable Hard working replacement who can fit in the team straight away, I might get flamed for this but for me Gray just isnt ready to fill his shoes. Potential is there sometimes, but not a player i have confidence in yet.

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Anyone know what wages he has been on since new contract? It's just that despite his quote of "Ambitions" I'm sure he wouldn't take a cut which leads me to two questions / points:-

How does he and his agent know another club would match his wage, with that wage being based on his 2015-16 level of performance and not the in and out of games level he's been at this year. The answer, to avoid the claims of illegal approaches is that it's being done through the media, the papers, sky sports, talk sport etc.

If the bidding club agree to match or better this wage they then can't justify offering a shit transfer fee, we'd just point at the wage and say that level of player costs £50-£70 million to buy.

Just get it sorted one way or another, make Sterling "exhibit A" in any discussion over fee but don't run out of time to use the money ourselves and that's only if it is an acceptible offer, if not he stays.

He's on ~ £100k p/w 

23 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Now that's a club drawing a line in the sand ! 

"Listen son , you can go with our blessing but only if someone pays the £50m your worth .... so tell your spiv agent to pull his finger out and get someone to pony up the cash or your here for next 3 years ! "

Agreed . Although as he's requested a move he will lose part of the transfer fee which players normally receive . 

Anyhow the statement is a shot across the bows of our favourite N London clubs not to bother with any pikey bids 

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Agreed . Although as he's requested a move he will lose part of the transfer fee which players normally receive . 

Anyhow the statement is a shot across the bows of our favourite N London clubs not to bother with any pikey bids 

He hasn't handed in a transfer request has he? 

Wouldn't mind his arrogance if he had just given us a season like the the winning one . But he didn't and for most of the season he either could not be bothered or maybe he wasn't as good as he obviously thinks he is.

He got sussed this season and if thinks by going somewhere else he's not going to have three players on him at all times he's very much mistaken. Goodbye thanks for the memories but a big part of me is saying good riddance to you and your attitude. 

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Of course I ducking am, and if I am not, I apologise, as I have just been kidnapped by Rudkin and sent to Iran to get Kaebi back :ph34r:

You mean Kaebi, the world class talented right back that was supposed to be one of the best in the world and an absolute superstar on video games?! 

Gggeeerrrriimmmm baaaaaack! 

2 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

This.

We need to go out now and spend £40-£50m on a replacement so potential signings dont look elsewhere.

Or maybe get Vardy, Kasper and Drinky to commit to the club 

10 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

I am up beat about this.

This could be a very good thing for us, we may improve as a team and become even better.

Exciting summer ahead. 

Until we sign Troy Deeney for £50m. 

This is sad. Firstly, because he gave up last year and quite clearly struggled to motivate himself for the club and subsequently dropped his performances considerably as a result. I do not buy the two/three player marked him out the game argument. Mahrez is a gifted player and when he chose to, he showed he had the guile to find pockets of space when necessary. We paid him a handsome sum and to some extent, he Let us down.

Secondly, that despite his career taking off here, his team mates giving him the due care to allow him the time to get over the difficult adaptation he initially had to the prem in our first season back, he feels, to some extent that we cannot go beyond where we are.

thirdly, we, despite the vast investment, and financial clout, the £100k contracts, the unprecedented success, the smashing of transfer fees etc could not convince him of our potential. 

Riyad, I hope you know what you are doing. The grass is not always greener but I wish you the best. I hope the club do not start next year with Gray, Albrighton and Okazaki in the first 11 and no apparent replacement for

Riyad.

After we sold Heskey to Liverpool in 1999, no player leaving has hurt me as a fan as much as this. Added that bit of class I have barely seen as a Leicester fan. Great player - do an arnautovic ?

Guest ttfn

He will look so much better in a team with other creative outlets. Get him one-on-one against a full back and there's not many better in the game right now. His problem this season has been getting that freedom.

Archived