Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

I'm seriously worried we're getting ripped apart.

There is no faith in Rudkin/Macia to get good replacements in, yet alone get a decent deal for Mahrez.

We're slowly selling our best players and based on last summer we don't have the capacity to bring in good enough players.

#RudkinOut

I was Macia's fiercest critic, he only really had chance to get his feet under the desk when the January transfer window came. If he had anything to do with Wilf, then too easy to say he won't identify players. It's getting them here with Rudders. Shakey will be viewed by a foreign player as just a coach (foreign clubs work in that way where they know a coach could be gone in two months). It's about the dollar and how the club is sold. 

7 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Why? We're all entitled to our views. Muzzy Izzet is my all time favourite Leicester player but I thought Esteban had that class about him and was consistent. Riyad is a phenomenal player, there is no denying that, but when he looks disinterested he really can be average at best.

A disinterested Riyad Mahrez was still able to draw six fouls against Bournemouth during the last game of the season and draw effusive praise from Pep two games earlier. 

We may never see a player like him at the club again.

We just need to stand firm, I keep repeating this but it's because I know we're gonna accept the first offer of a couple of million and a packet of peanuts, we need to stand firm and only accept what we value him at in the current market (Not Rudkin valuation basically). Until that valuation is met, no offer is accepted, Mahrez only has himself to blame if that is not met and i'm still struggling to see who'd be interest in what we should be asking for him, if I were the buying club (Or a fan of the buying club) I know I wouldn't be happy spending more than £35m on him...well we want (Or should want) more than that i'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, ImBlue said:

I heard him being slaughtered in the crowd against Bournemouth for being greedy.

We play like we do now, without a Mahrez, we are relegation fodder. He gets us up the pitch and relieves pressure on an ever deep and aging back line.

going to cancel my season ticket and bung £50 on us being relegated.

I didn't know you were Algerian? 

Just now, Matt said:

We just need to stand firm, I keep repeating this but it's because I know we're gonna accept the first offer of a couple of million and a packet of peanuts, we need to stand firm and only accept what we value him at in the current market (Not Rudkin valuation basically). Until that valuation is met, no offer is accepted, Mahrez only has himself to blame if that is not met and i'm still struggling to see who'd be interest in what we should be asking for him, if I were the buying club (Or a fan of the buying club) I know I wouldn't be happy spending more than £35m on him...well we want (Or should want) more than that i'm afraid.

Unfortunately I can only see a Prem club paying what we ask. Foreign clubs don't really chuck money at it, especially as Mahrez hasn't been that good this season.

Which is a shame as I really don't want him to move to another English club.

This was always going to happen and I just hope we get as much money as possible and don't accept a ridiculous fee. Need to get manager sorted asap. Shakespeare or not we need a manage in so we can start getting some players in. I see no reason why this hasn't been done already. 

Just now, Adster said:

Unfortunately I can only see a Prem club paying what we ask. Foreign clubs don't really chuck money at it, especially as Mahrez hasn't been that good this season.

Which is a shame as I really don't want him to move to another English club.

Well I know i'm making the rules as we go along here but so be it, things need considering, we only accept what we value him at and if it's an English club we put an extra premium on top, i'm playing hardball, maybe even acting abit childish but other clubs do it, simple.

One of the most gifted players to ever wear a Leicester shirt. He's our biggest game changer but can also be the most frustrating player on the pitch. I will be sad to see him go. He attitude hasn't seem quite right all season though, so I think it was always obvious that the club had asked him to stay for another year. I wonder if this was filtered through to the players?

My concern now is how much we get for him and how we re-invest. After last summers showing with the Kante deal and the recruitment after, I am no very confident.

Surely he must have a couple of offers in already to announce this?  Otherwise will look like a wally.....  I am gutted actually. Never seen such a talented player in a LCFC shirt.... all the team were rubbish post-Kante for the first half of the season... but since Shakey took over we were Champions League form...and we nearly beat Atletico.... (Spurs match I excuse cos of injuries..kind of..claerly we need more strength in depth.)   Makes it harder to imagine we will be chasing for Europe places next season.... fav goal...maybe the way he walzed round the Man City defence last year..... the greatest football memories I have had so far...and find it hard to think they will be surpassed any time soon,,,thanks Riyad you marvellous Maghrebi magician

Let him go.

He will be missed in a Leicester shirt, absolute magician on his day. Given us some unforgettable moments.

He could have easily followed N'Golo out the door last summer but chose to give us one more year. I'll always respect him for that and wish him all the best. 

Let's just hope he goes abroad and not to a prem club! :unsure:

Just dreading seeing this in the next 24 hours.

SKY SOURCES: PSG, Chelsea, and Liverpool have all activated Riyad Mahrez's £12million release clause. More on #SSN #LCFC

It'll be nice if we can get a club record fee and then some for him.

Archived