Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

1 hour ago, TheMightySystem said:

Will be picking one up if they aren't too expensive. Do you know if the club have an English twitter as I follow the official club but the translation on twitter is pretty poor.

only one official twitter account I'm afraid, no english one. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

That team looks tiny!!! Lovely kit though, but where's the gold :ph34r:

Goalie wearing the away kit too?  Like Kasper did in the Championship winning season! 

I tweeted the club about stocking the kit, they are going to get back to me... Will keep you all posted... 

On 21/08/2017 at 19:20, leuven said:

I was not the one being critical of the signings. It's true it took them a while but that's mainly because the better players we were targeting wanted to wait and see if they could stay in first division. In the past week we signed 2 first division players who played in most games last season for their teams and brought in Moore and Tony Watt. Even after one training session with the team, they showed the quality they will add to our team in the future. 7-1 is a shock of course but they played really well. Even in the first home game they played very well, but our strikers did not perform well and wasted lots of chances. We will have to get beter playing away games though, certainly the more experienced players that came in will help. Watt looks to be a big improvement in attack and they will sign another striker soon. Things look pretty good for the future. You can already see that it's only a matter of time before we get promoted with all the investments being made by King Power. They are bringing the quality of the stadium and training grounds up to english prem standards. What a blessing after the poor last few years.

You will find that our owners are some of the best around  . They have invested heavily in updating all aspects of the club and like to do things right. They also regularly give little perks to the fans like free beers or pies etc . It's only small but it's more than other owners do 

Edited by baldeagle

46 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

You will find as owners they are some of the best around  . They have invested heavily in updating all aspects of the club and like to do things right. They also regularly give little perks to the fans like free beers or pies etc . It's only small but it's more than other owners do 

I think most of the doubters are starting to come around. The last couple of weeks have been really positive for our club. We have a pretty good squad now, the owners have done an amazing job with our stadium and I personally think that we have the best pitch in the whole country (thanks to 2 greenkeepers from Leicester). They also want to upgrade our practice facilities at the end of this season. It's pretty clear that they want to do the same thing in Leuven that they are doing in Leicester. As far as (foreign) owners go, i don't think anyone can do better.

• Like 1

It would be good to have a trip to Leuven sometime to watch a match. I looked and it only seems a couple of hours from Calais by road, might be a good road trip on a motorbike? Are match day tickets fairly easy to buy? Don't know the capacity of your ground or whether you have to be a member to buy one?

20 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It would be good to have a trip to Leuven sometime to watch a match. I looked and it only seems a couple of hours from Calais by road, might be a good road trip on a motorbike? Are match day tickets fairly easy to buy? Don't know the capacity of your ground or whether you have to be a member to buy one?

There's no problem to get tickets for a game on matchday, especially not as long as we're in second division. At the moment we're playing in front of about 3k people at home, in a 10k stadium. I'm assuming the crowd will start increasing if this keeps up but even then it should be fine. No need to be a member either. If you want to really enjoy the atmosphere, get tickets for the 40x stands behind the goal, which is our kop. 

In regards to the results of the past two weeks, they're certainly encouraging. We have to keep in mind though that today, we played a team two divisions below us with an amateur status and the game against Cercle last week could have gone very differently since we should have been behind in the first minute already (shocking miss from them). But the recent additions to the squad have been excellent and for the first time in years, you actually feel there's a team on the pitch that actually wants to win and improve, and that actually has the techncial ability to play some very good football. Lots of pace, dribbling and insight coupled with a solid mentality and a lot of experience. I can't help but feel that the transfer activity of the last few weeks has been handled by someone else than our first batch of signings. Might be the Thai owners moved some people around.

3 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

There's no problem to get tickets for a game on matchday, especially not as long as we're in second division. At the moment we're playing in front of about 3k people at home, in a 10k stadium. I'm assuming the crowd will start increasing if this keeps up but even then it should be fine. No need to be a member either. If you want to really enjoy the atmosphere, get tickets for the 40x stands behind the goal, which is our kop. 

In regards to the results of the past two weeks, they're certainly encouraging. We have to keep in mind though that today, we played a team two divisions below us with an amateur status and the game against Cercle last week could have gone very differently since we should have been behind in the first minute already (shocking miss from them). But the recent additions to the squad have been excellent and for the first time in years, you actually feel there's a team on the pitch that actually wants to win and improve, and that actually has the techncial ability to play some very good football. Lots of pace, dribbling and insight coupled with a solid mentality and a lot of experience. I can't help but feel that the transfer activity of the last few weeks has been handled by someone else than our first batch of signings. Might be the Thai owners moved some people around.

It all sounds very promising and they'll be a few over here watching with interest and we wish you all the best of luck! 

39 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It all sounds very promising and they'll be a few over here watching with interest and we wish you all the best of luck! 

Cheers! If any of you guys ever decide to come over, give me a shout. I'd be happy to help out with arranging match tickets and grabbing a few beers with the lads over here. ;)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Great place to visit, good history too! Some really nice architecture around that area. Beer is great too! ;)

• Like 1

On 27/08/2017 at 19:27, KlaaZ said:

I'm sure that you may be right. I understand that a guy by the name of John Rudkin has been working with you on recruitment. The guy is a genius. He was instrumental in bringing Kante to Leicester and winning the Premier League, and has also brought Maguire in what maybe the PL signing if the summer. You are very lucky to have him contributing to your development. 

7 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

I'm sure that you may be right. I understand that a guy by the name of John Rudkin has been working with you on recruitment. The guy is a genius. He was instrumental in bringing Kante to Leicester and winning the Premier League, and has also brought Maguire in what maybe the PL signing if the summer. You are very lucky to have him contributing to your development. 

Hello Jon.

7 hours ago, Nickfosse said:

4042890.jpg