Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

8 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Speak for yourself mate.

I count myself as a 'true' Leicester fan (season ticket holder for +20 years!) and I dont have any 'very real' reservations about Nigel Pearson. 

Honest bloke who did a great job for LCFC who might have a few flaws.....but then again, dont we all?!?

I wasn't suggesting that all 'true' fans have reservations about Pearson - many (including yourself) clearly don't! I was just taking issue with the suggestion that you can't be a true fan if you have your doubts about him. To be honest I always find it a bit weird when people suggest that having a certain view makes you more of a true believer than those who think something else. It's akin to religious folk competing over claims to greater orthodoxy.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Babylon said:

He proved he's a manager of limited ability by proving them wrong and getting promotion from league one, proving them wrong by getting promotion to the premier league and proved them wrong by keeping us up. Those who were against him from day one said he wasn't capable of doing any of those things. So all of those people who said he wasn't capable can count themselves proved well and truly wrong.

Nailed it.

Every single thing the anti-Pearson mob claimed was shattered right in front of them, they couldn't have got it more wrong and they did it time and time again.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I wasn't suggesting that all 'true' fans have reservations about Pearson - many (including yourself) clearly don't! I was just taking issue with the suggestion that you can't be a true fan if you have your doubts about him. To be honest I always find it a bit weird when people suggest that having a certain view makes you more of a true believer than those who think something else. It's akin to religious folk competing over claims to greater orthodoxy.

Whilst I might disagree with your views on Pearson (I love him and think he was one of our greatest ever managers) I agree 100% with your viewpoint here.  X

• Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

He proved he's a manager of limited ability by proving them wrong and getting promotion from league one, proving them wrong by getting promotion to the premier league and proved them wrong by keeping us up. Those who were against him from day one said he wasn't capable of doing any of those things. So all of those people who said he wasn't capable can count themselves proved well and truly wrong.

We were bottom of the league for most of the season after we got promoted to the Prem with a team that should never have been down there. It was his tactics that did that. Yes, we survived, but I'm not convinced that was wholly down to him - there are credible reports that player power of one form or another played a major part in the change of tactics that eventually proved so successful. Besides, there's a difference between having reservations about him and saying he's not capable. I think he's a moderately capable manager equipped with the undoubted ability to motivate a team and create a very strong infrastructure behind the scenes - good qualities to have. I also think - and have always thought - that he's weak tactically, has little ability to change things around when the team is struggling and makes terrible substitutions. So a mixed bag overall, but not somebody I'd ever want back in charge of us. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

And left a team, already in title-winning form for the last quarter of the season, that went on to win it.