Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

On 6/19/2017 at 16:03, Gazza3 said:

I'm going to Belgium in October for a weekend . are the fixtures out yet ? Do I get discount tickets ?

Can I get one without id card etc 

Sunday 8th (18:00) at home vs Westerlo

Friday 13th (20:30) away against Tubize

Weekend of 21st away against Beerschot-Wilrijk 

Weekend of 28th at home vs Union SG

...exact fixtures for the last two weekends probably determined somewhere in September.

Not sure whether you need an ID but might not be necessary, you could try ordering online through https://ohl.tickethour.be/l6142ww/showProductList.html (but for now you can only buy a season ticket, you'll have to check again one or two weeks before the match). Not aware of any Leicester discount. :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, leuven said:

4 new thai players who were at leicester international academy apparently? Anyone of you know these players?

thai ohl.jpg

Oh my god that's diabolical lol

Good luck with that, lads

I think it's more to do with there being little chance of the Thai players breaking into the LCFC 1st team squad, at least in the short to medium term and a greater chance with Leuven. Not that I'm suggesting it would be there sole/major reason for buying them. 

Since KP only took over Leuven's first team and not the youth team, are these players earmarked for their first team squad? I have no idea regarding the relative standards of Thai youth football vs Belgian second tier football, but this would make me slightly uncomfortable if I was a OHL fan..

23 minutes ago, brucey said:

Since KP only took over Leuven's first team and not the youth team, are these players earmarked for their first team squad? I have no idea regarding the relative standards of Thai youth football vs Belgian second tier football, but this would make me slightly uncomfortable if I was a OHL fan..

Their first team and youth team are different clubs? Not both owned by KP?

18 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Their first team and youth team are different clubs? Not both owned by KP?

it was in the press release posted earlier in this thread that KP did not acquire the youth team in the deal.

I can see how this might genuinely become Top's plaything, I hope we keep Vichai for as long as possible

OH Leuven has recently owned by Thai investors behind Premier League club Leicester City. 

Well, OHL will soon already doing business in the context of cooperation with the British.

So OHL Chairman Chris Vandebroek left on ROB-TV know some Thai football talents, now at Leicester City have started, will make the move to Belgium.

According ROB-TV will go to five players meetraint two years in the youth academy of Leicester City . Investor Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabhan said last month that he would make every effort to bring OHL as soon as possible at the highest level.

Read more: https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2017-07-06/leicester-city-gaat-vijf-spelers-in-een-klap-bij-oh-leuven-stallen#ixzz4m2ZoMjAf

4 hours ago, leuven said:

Raul Uche (striker for leicester u23) showed up at training in Leuven this morning. Has anyone seen him play for your U23 team that can give us some more information about this spanish player?

Hi Leuven - welcome to Foxestalk.

Since moving from Spain in 2016, Raul Uche has played for a few of our Development teams, but mainly the Under 23's.  I think he played most of the matches in the Checkatrade Trophy (either starting or on the bench), which put our 'Reserves' up against First team players at lower Football League clubs.  He hasn't made a great impact so far for us.  He's quick and tricky, but not that physical - yet.  Consequently, I think he gets 'bossed a bit', by more experienced defenders.  He also doesn't score anywhere near the number of goals he should, given his abilities.

I don't know whether he ready right now to go straight into your First team, but he could be a good squad player.  A move to the Belgian Second Division could well be just what he needs - to build hopefully score some goals and build his confidence.  Keep us posted on how he does.

This might be the start of a long and fruitful partnership between our clubs.  There might be a few more players being exchanged between us (both ways).  I really hope you get back to the higher level soon.   

Edited by Outfox the Fox
  • Like 4

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 14:27, leuven said:

4 new thai players who were at leicester international academy apparently? Anyone of you know these players?

thai ohl.jpg

Hello Leuven

The four Thai players are regarded as the best players to have progressed at the academy out of 18 players the rest unfortunately get sent home ,my sister works with these players as a chaperon !!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 17:18, Outfox the Fox said:

Hi Leuven - welcome to Foxestalk.

Since moving from Spain in 2016, Raul Uche has played for a few of our Development teams, but mainly the Under 23's.  I think he played most of the matches in the Checkatrade Trophy (either starting or on the bench), which put our 'Reserves' up against First team players at lower Football League clubs.  He hasn't made a great impact so far for us.  He's quick and tricky, but not that physical - yet.  Consequently, I think he gets 'bossed a bit', by more experienced defenders.  He also doesn't score anywhere near the number of goals he should, given his abilities.

I don't know whether he ready right now to go straight into your First team, but he could be a good squad player.  A move to the Belgian Second Division could well be just what he needs - to build hopefully score some goals and build his confidence.  Keep us posted on how he does.

This might be the start of a long and fruitful partnership between our clubs.  There might be a few more players being exchanged between us (both ways).  I really hope you get back to the higher level soon.   

Thanks Outfox the Fox. The belgian second tier is quite a physical league, so that would be a challenge for him. He is now in Leuven for 2 weeks, he will have to convince the coaching staff. Then they will decide if they want to keep him for the season.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lestalee said:

Hello Leuven

The four Thai players are regarded as the best players to have progressed at the academy out of 18 players the rest unfortunately get sent home ,my sister works with these players as a chaperon !!

They are not in leuven yet, they are still waiting for their visa apparently. Good to hear these are the 4 best of them, however we will have to see what that means. They might just play for the development squad.

On 6/17/2017 at 18:09, Pelotas said:
  • It is true that all season ticket holders will get either a free shirt or a pre-match dinner. Mister Top also said that "these kind of things will happen more and more for the OH Leuven supporter" => looking forward to that :D

Whoa Whoa Whoa... FREE SHIRT?? How come this privilege hasn't been extended to us :P

On 2017-7-11 at 21:04, lestalee said:

Hello Leuven

Did they make a video with your sister lollol