Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, leuven said:

Our coach Dennis Van Wijk just got sacked. Nigel Pearson is taking over. What can we expect from him?

:o That'll be interesting.

Good all around development of the club especially player related stuff, players that want to be there. Hopefully he'll get less pressure from the media there.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

Wow, didn't see that happening! I think this shows that despite everything, the King Power group realise it was NP that built the modern LCFC. IE the coaches, the scouting, the sports psychologists, etc.

Honestly if I was a Leuven fan I'd be very happy. You won't just get short term success, you will have an infrastructure built that allows you to be successful for years. Just don't bury your head in the ground :) !

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/10656/OH-Leuven/article/detail/3265741/2017/09/22/OH-Leuven-zet-Dennis-van-Wijk-op-de-keien-en-stelt-Engelse-vervanger-aan.dhtml

Don't know how legit the website is or if it's the Belgian version of Newsnow but translated it reads:

''It is the first surgery after OH Leuven was taken over by the King Power Group last summer and an English test is added to the club. With Nigel Pearson, OHL has already reached an experienced coach. The 54-year-old Pearson was previously at Southampton, Leicester City and Hull City. He must now bring OH Leuven back to the first grade.''

I can't believe it?!

Confirmed:

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20170922_03087368

"Nigel, headbutt

Nigel, Nigel, headbutt"

:P

In all seriousness, wish him well there. Glad to see he's got another job.

Though it'll be interesting to see how he gets on in Belgium with new surroundings, a new league, a different culture and language.

12 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Why did he get sacked? Aren't you winning games like 7 nil

9 points from 6 matches, currently only in 4th place. Not always selecting the best possible squad because of some personal issues with certain players. Also not performing well in away matches.

Pearson is already conducting his first training session as we speak, it's for real