Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

27 minutes ago, Walkers said:

As it happens i'm not sure what Moore will gain from this with regards to ability. I imagine this division is on par at best with League Two.

6-1 now. I think they were about 12/5 to win this

Maybe the challenge is less ability related and more about dropping a young prospect into a foreign country, culture and league and seeing how he reacts, adapts and copes to a new challenge? As well the continued almost guaranteed first team football in to see how he develops in a proper footballing environment rather than our bench or u23s?

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

On 19-8-2017 at 21:59, Walkers said:

As it happens i'm not sure what Moore will gain from this with regards to ability. I imagine this division is on par at best with League Two.

6-1 now. I think they were about 12/5 to win this

I think you are underestimating this league a bit. In pre-season Cercle Brugge held Reading to a 1-1 draw to give you an idea. I know it's pre-season but still...

5 minutes ago, leuven said:

I think you are underestimating this league a bit. In pre-season Cercle Brugge held Reading to a 1-1 draw to give you an idea. I know it's pre-season but still...

Perhaps, and for our lesser younger players it might be okay but Moore is apparently one of our better youngsters and along with another one (Harvey Barnes) who joined a Championship side, I would think he could have managed a loan to that level.

2 hours ago, leuven said:

quite impressed by the mature play of moore after just one training session with the team. Natural leader at only 20 years old, very tall and strong body. Not the fastest guy but good positioning.

told you.

29 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

And Poland. :D Wasilewski to the rescue.

You can try calling them, though:

0032 472 777 318

E-Mail: [email protected]

International call might cost me more than the shirt! lol

Might be going to Leuven when coming over at Xmas. Have some extended family from there actually and Mrs HF and I always try and get some travel in while in Europe (I'm becoming so American now!).  Belgium and Holland next.  Or Denmark.  Or Austria... ;) 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

@leuven I know you were quite critical in pre season of signings... is a result like that a shock? A one off? Or was the business actually better than it appeared? 

I was not the one being critical of the signings. It's true it took them a while but that's mainly because the better players we were targeting wanted to wait and see if they could stay in first division. In the past week we signed 2 first division players who played in most games last season for their teams and brought in Moore and Tony Watt. Even after one training session with the team, they showed the quality they will add to our team in the future. 7-1 is a shock of course but they played really well. Even in the first home game they played very well, but our strikers did not perform well and wasted lots of chances. We will have to get beter playing away games though, certainly the more experienced players that came in will help. Watt looks to be a big improvement in attack and they will sign another striker soon. Things look pretty good for the future. You can already see that it's only a matter of time before we get promoted with all the investments being made by King Power. They are bringing the quality of the stadium and training grounds up to english prem standards. What a blessing after the poor last few years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

International call might cost me more than the shirt! lol

Might be going to Leuven when coming over at Xmas. Have some extended family from there actually and Mrs HF and I always try and get some travel in while in Europe (I'm becoming so American now!).  Belgium and Holland next.  Or Denmark.  Or Austria... ;) 

I was told Leuven kits will be sold in the Leicester fan store soon and vice versa.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leuven said:

I was not the one being critical of the signings. It's true it took them a while but that's mainly because the better players we were targeting wanted to wait and see if they could stay in first division. In the past week we signed 2 first division players who played in most games last season for their teams and brought in Moore and Tony Watt. Even after one training session with the team, they showed the quality they will add to our team in the future. 7-1 is a shock of course but they played really well. Even in the first home game they played very well, but our strikers did not perform well and wasted lots of chances. We will have to get beter playing away games though, certainly the more experienced players that came in will help. Watt looks to be a big improvement in attack and they will sign another striker soon. Things look pretty good for the future. You can already see that it's only a matter of time before we get promoted with all the investments being made by King Power. They are bringing the quality of the stadium and training grounds up to english prem standards. What a blessing after the poor last few years.

Ahh my apologies! Thanks for clarifying your thoughts anyway :) 

On 19/08/2017 at 21:27, UniFox21 said:

Maybe the challenge is less ability related and more about dropping a young prospect into a foreign country, culture and league and seeing how he reacts, adapts and copes to a new challenge? As well the continued almost guaranteed first team football in to see how he develops in a proper footballing environment rather than our bench or u23s?

Agreed. Think it's great experience for the young lad.