Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

5 hours ago, brucey said:

was this vs OHL’s youth?

EDIT: i assume so. First i thought the date was off, but the "aug 4th" is from the latest post, not the retweeted post.

Bit disappointing if true, for our U18 boys, but on the other hand, it's possible the best U18 players have already moved up. We had two of our homegrown 19 year olds in the elite selection on saturday, one of which actually started the game.

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lizhang said:

EDIT: i assume so. First i thought the date was off, but the "aug 4th" is from the latest post, not the retweeted post.

Bit disappointing if true, for our U18 boys, but on the other hand, it's possible the best U18 players have already moved up. We had two of our homegrown 19 year olds in the elite selection on saturday, one of which actually started the game.

So much for the vaunted youth team at OHL.

56 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Age 8 and he left you. 

Age 9. He spent 3 years in Leuven, and was snatched by one of the biggest clubs in the land (last years champions).

This is the fate of being a smaller club. You don't get to keep your gems for long, big clubs come by each year to clean you out. Had he stayed longer, he would probably not be that good.

EDIT: still spreading the love :-)

Edited by Lizhang

2 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Maybe you should inform your board, since they're about to drop 20 million on a former OHL Youth player, Dennis Praet.

Would you get a sell-on percentage of that fee?

Top named as President of OH Leuven

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha has been appointed today as chairman of Oud-Heverlee Leuven.

Khun Aiyawatt succeeds the deceased Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, whose vision for Oud-Heverlee Leuven will continue to play a central role for the future of the club. 

The former role of Khun Aiyawatt as vice president of OHL is taken over by his brother, Apichet Srivaddhanaprabha.

Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha: “It is an honor to take over the role of chairman of Oud-Heverlee Leuven. From the moment we arrived at this club, just over two years ago, it felt like the club and its supporters shared the same values as we do. That always gave us the confidence to help the club in its progression. More than two years is just a short period of time. Nevertheless, we have already made major improvements at different levels within the club. I am curious to find out further what we can achieve together. " 

“I was at the King Power at Den Dreef Stadium during the opening match of the competition and I felt the excitement among fans, players, coach, staff and management. We continue to work with the technical staff to make the team as strong as possible in order to achieve our goals. ” 

“ My father left me the important task of making his dreams come true. These are dreams that we all share and I look forward to working together to realize them. "

• Like 2

So Praet was born in Leuven and didn't leave until he was 8. Do any of our Leuven fans actually know his family? Do they still live there?

Eden spoke about his high skills but him being slow - any thoughts on that? We are a team that relies on a high press and speed.

3 hours ago, FIF said:

So Praet was born in Leuven and didn't leave until he was 8. Do any of our Leuven fans actually know his family? Do they still live there?

Eden spoke about his high skills but him being slow - any thoughts on that? We are a team that relies on a high press and speed.

Slow? He's not going to outrun everybody but he's got a good acceleration with the ball, he's the ideal player to start the counter attack, he lets the ball do the job with nice passing, he's more secure than Tielemans imo.

His family still lives in Pellenberg (near Leuven).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FIF said:

Pretty much everybody else is slower in comparison to Hazard. lol

Edited by MC Prussian

New signing for our club:

Pierre-Yves Ngawa (27, BEL) has signed a 2-year deal with OHL. Ngawa is a full-back who can play either right or left. He played for our club between 2015 and 2017, before leaving for Italian 2nd division side Avellino. He also played for Perugia and Foggia (Italian 2nd division).

• Like 1

Results and standings after the 2nd week in the 1st period:

Westerlo - OHL             1-0

Roeselare - Beerschot  1-1

Virton - Union                0-1

Lokeren - Lommel         0-0

Points     Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. Union                      6            2              0              0                     4                           0                           +4

2. Westerlo                 6            2              0              0                     3                           0                           +3

3. Beerschot               4            1              0              1                     2                           1                           +1

4. OH Leuven            3            1              1              0                     1                           1                             0

5. Lokeren                  1            0              1              1                     0                           1                            -1

7. Lommel                  1             0             1              1                     0                           2                             -2

7. Roeselare               1            0              1              1                     1                           4                            -3

8. Virton                      0            0              2              0                     0                           2                            -2

Next week's fixtures:

Friday

OH Leuven - Beerschot

Saterday:

Lommel - Virton

Westerlo - Roeselare

Sunday:

Union - Lokeren

21 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Best game I've seen of OHL in a very long time. Clever tactics of our managers, perfectly executed by the players.

Highlights of our game against Beerschot:

6-minute version:

https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/24618/oh-leuven-beerschot

That last goal is what football is all about. Scenes

• Like 1