Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

25 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Leuven starts with:

Kawin, van Hyfte, Mbombo,  Sowah, Kehli, Libert, Mertens, Gillekens, Raemaekers, Laes and Vekemans. Lots of young guys and reserve players

Leicester starts with:

Johansson, Elder, Knight, Moore, Thomas, Leshabela, Muskwe,  Wright, Benkovic, Amarty and Diabate 

I understand Benkovic being there, and expect Diabate to be moved along .. but danm, Amarty is with the U23/s?

what a disgrace from our side. Leicester is playing a very strong u23 team (including some players with premier league experience) and we are fielding our reserves squad. All that in our only pre-season home game.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, leuven said:

what a disgrace from our side. Leicester is playing a very strong u23 team (including some players with premier league experience) and we are fielding our reserves squad. All that in our only pre-season home game.

2 minutes ago, leuven said:

1-0 after 20 minutes: goal scored by Kamal Sowah

Brilliant lol

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I understand Benkovic being there, and expect Diabate to be moved along .. but danm, Amarty is with the U23/s?

He’s not just doing pre season, he’s missed 6 months so will naturally need more time to get fit so playing a good hour or 90 for u23s do him the world of good.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Didn’t Hirst play?

Nope, he wasn't even on the bench.

Maybe it was the heat or the long trip, but I was very unimpressed with Leicester's squad. I expected to see 1 or 2 young players who might come to Leuven on loan, but not a single player has caught my eye.

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Nope, he wasn't even on the bench.

Maybe it was the heat or the long trip, but I was very unimpressed with Leicester's squad. I expected to see 1 or 2 young players who might come to Leuven on loan, but not a single player has caught my eye.

Complete one sided game then? 

How did Benkovic perform or weren't you impressed with him either? 

Guess in their defence that is our u23 team with a returning Amartey after a huge chunk out. 

6 hours ago, Rudi said:

Our first team will meet ADO Den Haag (dutch first division) next Friday so I guess it will be a mixed team of A-players and U23 tonight?

Btw ... 39 degrees celsius in Leuven at 4 pm.

Where are you playing ADO?

8 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

Very one-sided game. We could have played for 10 days straight and Leicester"s wouldn't have scored.

It was very clear that Benkovic and Amartey are coming back from injury and lack the nescessary rythm. Benkovic played very cautious and was subbed out at the half. Amartey played the whole game but couldn't impose his will on the game.

I personally looked forward to see guys like Muskwe, Josh Knight, Ndukwu and Diabate but they were simple outplayed by our youngsters. We played a lot of lads who won't even make the training squad when the season starts and they simple dominated Leicester.

Like I said, this was only one game and it was extremely hot (38°C), so it might have been an off-day for Leicester.

Appreciate your honest assessment, thank you. At least some of your young players got a run out I guess!

• Like 1

Well, i've repeatedly stated in the past, that our youth players are really good and that i'm not sure how Leicester's youth players compare... but i did expect a bit more opposition from your youngsters lol

I kid. Almost half our starting eleven today didn't come out of our own academy. Didn't see the game either (completely forgot about it). Just here to poke some fun ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lizhang said:

Well, i've repeatedly stated in the past, that our youth players are really good and that i'm not sure how Leicester's youth players compare... but i did expect a bit more opposition from your youngsters lol

I kid. Almost half our starting eleven today didn't come out of our own academy. Didn't see the game either (completely forgot about it). Just here to poke some fun ;)

And there was certainly fun to be poked!! lol

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Highlights tell a different tale than the score did. 2 goals via penalties, what was the VAR one for?

Poor keeping in a few instances. 

The first penalty (given by the VAR) was due to a pushing foul by Elliot Moore. We were all surprised when the ref went to the VAR-booth as nobody in the stadium noticed the push. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

The first penalty (given by the VAR) was due to a pushing foul by Elliot Moore. We were all surprised when the ref went to the VAR-booth as nobody in the stadium noticed the push. 

Is VAR being implemented in your league next year? 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Is VAR being implemented in your league next year? 

No, it won't. This was a test for the ref (who has been promoted to the 1st and 2nd division) and the people in the VAR-center.

Our first division has implemented the VAR 2 year ago, but they still get a lot of thing wrong.

• Like 2