Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

18 minutes ago, Lizhang said:

Do you feel some of us have been too harsh on players coming from Leicester (because they came from Leicester)? If you read through the topic, you'll see most of us were very happy with Moore's first year. His second year was a lot less, but the final months (ever since Pearson got sacked) he gradually picked up the pace again. Kapustka started slowly, but hit peak form around november. You can also find  that documented in the topic. For about a month, he was maybe the most important player. But then winter came, and he turned invisible again. After new year, invisible turned into insufferable. Hirst (but again, officially not a Leicester youngster) was abysmal all year, with 2 goals in 20+ games.

Personally, i've said my piece about Pearson, no need to revisit. So i hope you are not getting the impression that we will slate a player just to slate him.

It was a joke loft roof slate lol

• Thanks 1

Preseason started today. Our managers have stated that they still want to add 5 or 6 new players to the team. Apparently they're searching for a goalkeeper, 1 or 2 central defenders, a left-back, a midfielder and a striker. 

Edited by Bonanza

On 20/06/2019 at 18:56, Bonanza said:

Mathieu Maertens, who has been our best player for the last 2 seasons, has just signed a new deal that will keep him in Leuven until June 2021. There were a lot of teams in 1st division that were interested in signing Maertens, so him staying with us is a big, big deal. This goes to show that the club is doing excellent work and the players really see the potential this club has!

Yes. Maertens was our best player. A lot of stamina, vision, good infiltrations, no nonsens box to box player with a nose for goals. Crucial player.

• Like 1

On 24/06/2019 at 22:34, sacreblueits442 said:

....any idea what the budget will be for the upcoming season?

Not a clue, but rumour has it we had the biggest budget of the league last season. Since the club has expressed their ambitions to fight for promotion, I think we will still have one of the biggest budgets this season.

1 hour ago, danfox76 said:

OH Leuven are gonna be massive like us.. we have the best owners in football..:scarf:

just to add.. i also think in a few years we'll play each other in the champions league..:jawdrop:

Spicehead

21 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Shirts for the new season:

Home:

980340385.jpg

Away:

980340360.jpg

Goalkeeper 1:

980340925.jpg

Goalkeeper 2:

980340635.jpg

Not the best are they! Look like old templates a bit like West Brom  had a couple of seasons ago. The white shirt was much nicer last season imo . Down side to having the big brands like Adidas I suppose . 

5 minutes ago, KingsX said:

He's just been told he's third string behind the Thai keeper Thamsatchanan.

And the goalkeeper at the bottom.

Not sure why Leicester didn't just send their old kits with the badges removed - oh yeah they shipped them out to Africa didn't they?

5 hours ago, Jamiebux said:

Not the best are they! Look like old templates a bit like West Brom  had a couple of seasons ago. The white shirt was much nicer last season imo . Down side to having the big brands like Adidas I suppose . 

They're nothing special in my opinion. I've never been an Adidas-fan, I prefer Nike.

The white home kit looks very bland. They could have included (some of) the other club colours green, red and/or black, like last year's kit, but they didn't.

The away kit is ok, but it's strange to me that they used these colour. Like I said, our club colour are white, green, red and black, so why not change the grey into black, and the orange in green? On the other hand, I'm glad Adidas didn't give us pink jerseys, as they did with Anderlecht for a couple of seasons.

Both goalkeeper kits are ok.

Nothing special, but it could have been worse.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FIF said:

Not sure why Leicester didn't just send their old kits with the badges removed - oh yeah they shipped them out to Africa didn't they?

I dont think we could send all our old puma stock to leuven considering both clubs are with Adidas now.

10 hours ago, Kopic said:

I dont think we could send all our old puma stock to leuven considering both clubs are with Adidas now.

Why not?

peel off the logo and add a few lines.