Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

16 hours ago, Bonanza said:

Best game I've seen of OHL in a very long time. Clever tactics of our managers, perfectly executed by the players.

Highlights of our game against Beerschot:

6-minute version:

https://www.proximus-sports.be/nl/voetbal/proximus-league/video/24618/oh-leuven-beerschot

@Bonanza whats Kamal Sowah like as a player, don't think he's trained a day with us in the 18 months he's been under contract

Edited by Jimmy

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

@Bonanza whats Kamal Sowah like as a player, don't think he's trained a day with us in the 18 months he's been under contract

To be fair, he hasn't played that many minutes for us either. I can't remember him playing any minutes at all last season. This season he has 3 appearences in 3 games as a sub for a total of 24 minutes. To be honest, he hasn't done anything special, but hasn't done anything stupid either.

Our media team has made some clips where our young prospects can introduce themselves. This is Kamal's clip:

Since we are still searching for new players, I think that once the team is complete he will have a hard time making the bench on a regular basis. In my opinion he might develop into a player that is good enough for the Belgian 1st and 2nd division, but I don't think he'll ever be good enough for Leicester. He's still only 19, so I hope he proves me wrong.

A player that might make it to Leicester's 1st squad is our defensive midfielder, Aboubacar Keita. He came in on loan from Copenhagen in January and we signed him on a permanent deal (3 years) this summer. He reminds me of Wilfred Ndidi. Even though he is only 21years old, he is one of our best players and might even be one of the better players in our division. Great defensive instincts but he's also a great passer. I really hope we can keep him for a couple of years, as this is the kind of player we need to win the league

4 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

To be fair, he hasn't played that many minutes for us either. I can't remember him playing any minutes at all last season. This season he has 3 appearences in 3 games as a sub for a total of 24 minutes. To be honest, he hasn't done anything special, but hasn't done anything stupid either.

Our media team has made some clips where our young prospects can introduce themselves. This is Kamal's clip:

Since we are still searching for new players, I think that once the team is complete he will have a hard time making the bench on a regular basis. In my opinion he might develop into a player that is good enough for the Belgian 1st and 2nd division, but I don't think he'll ever be good enough for Leicester. He's still only 19, so I hope he proves me wrong.

A player that might make it to Leicester's 1st squad is our defensive midfielder, Aboubacar Keita. He came in on loan from Copenhagen in January and we signed him on a permanent deal (3 years) this summer. He reminds me of Wilfred Ndidi. Even though he is only 21years old, he is one of our best players and might even be one of the better players in our division. Great defensive instincts but he's also a great passer. I really hope we can keep him for a couple of years, as this is the kind of player we need to win the league

any rumours of any of our kids coming over on loan this season?

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

any rumours of any of our kids coming over on loan this season?

I doubt any Leicester youngsters will come to Leuven this season, as our managers are searching for more experienced players.

• Like 1

Results and standings after the 3nd week in the 1st period:

OHL - Beerschot           3-0

Lommel - Virton             0-3

Westerlo - Roeselare    4-1

Union - Lokeren            3-1

Points     Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. Union                      9            3              0              0                     7                           1                           +6

2. Westerlo                 9            3              0              0                     7                           1                           +6

3. OH Leuven            6            2              1              0                     4                           1                           +3

4. Beerschot               4            1              1              1                     2                           4                            -2

5. Virton                      3            1              2              0                     3                           2                           +1

6. Lokeren                  1            0              2              1                     1                           4                            -3

7. Lommel                  1            0              2              1                     0                           5                            -5

8. Roeselare              1            0              2              1                     2                           8                            -6

Next weekend we play our first game in this year's Belgian Cup.

The league will resume in 2 weeks with these fixtures:

Friday 30/08:

Beerschot - Union

Saturday 31/08:

Lokeren - OH Leuven
Roeselare - Lommel

Sunday 01/09:
Virton - Westerlo

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/08/2019 at 18:34, Bonanza said:

Appears he was scouted by Rob MacKenzie. 

Pearson would have brought MacKenzie in and looks he's hung around. When at Leicester, he was pinched by Tottenham and was considered an excellent analyst/scout

On 17/08/2019 at 18:47, Bonanza said:

I doubt any Leicester youngsters will come to Leuven this season, as our managers are searching for more experienced players.

Agree with this. There has to be a value for the club for any player coming in. Top will have learnt a lot from last season and I can see him building things differently moving forward. He'll help the club succeed on it's own terms that's for sure. Forget the feeder club nonsense.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Did not seem to be a big crowd, anyone know how many?

Last game was a cup game vs a 3rd amateur div team.

19 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I preferred it when @Lizhang was ****ing miserable to be honest

(Congrats mate)

Why you little...!

</Homer>

Cheers mate.

• Haha 3

On 24/08/2019 at 12:37, Dorkingfox said:

Did not seem to be a big crowd, anyone know how many?

Small crowd indeed. Maybe between 500 and 750?

To be honest, this is perfectly normal, as this was a cup game against a team from a lower division (3th amateur division or Belgian 5th- tier). Nobody really cares about the cup in Belgium. It only get interesting in the semi-finals.

On 24/08/2019 at 11:17, CloudFox said:

Fantastic result, well done OHL!

Great to see Sowah on the scoresheet too - how's he looking this season @Lizhang, @Bonanza and co?

Not really a big test against a team from the 3th amateur division (5th tier).

Kamal has come on as a sub 3 times in 3 league games for a total of 24 minutes. He hasn't done anyting special, but he wasn't bad either. Not good enough to be a starter for our team, but he's only 19 so he still has time to develop. I doubt he'll ever be good enough for Leicester though.

Edited by Bonanza
  • Thanks 2

New incoming transfer:

Dylan Ouedraogo, a 21-year-old left-footed central defender, has left Apollon Limassol (1st division Cyrus) and has signed a 3-year deal with OH Leuven.

Despite his young age Dylan played 20 games for Limassol last season, including 3 games in the Europa League against Lazio Roma, Eintracht Frankfurt and Olympique Marseille. Before going to Cyprus, Dylan played for Monaco U-19 and Monaco B. Eventhough he was born and raised in Marseille, he has 2 caps for the national team of Burkina Faso.

On paper this looks like a good signing for us!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/dylan-ouedraogo/profil/spieler/460648

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 4

Results and standings after the 4th week in the 1st period.

Beerschot - Union         1-0

Lokeren - OH Leuven   0-2

Roeselare - Lommel      1-1

Virton - Westerlo           1-0

Points    Wins     Losses     Draws     Goals made     Goals conceded     Goal difference

1. Union                      9            3              1              0                     7                           2                           +5

2. Westerlo                 9            3              1              0                     7                           2                           +5

3. OH Leuven            9            3              1              0                     6                           1                           +5

4. Beerschot               7            2              1              1                     3                           4                            -1

5. Virton                      6            2              2              0                     4                           2                           +2

6. Lommel                   2            0              2              2                     1                           6                            -5

7. Roeselare               2            0              2              2                     3                           9                             -6

8. Lokeren                  1            0              3              1                     1                            6                            -5

Next week's fixtures

Friday:

Lommel - Union

Saturday:

Westerlo - Beerschot

OH Leuven - Roeselare

Sunday:

Virton - Lokeren

Edited by Bonanza
  • Thanks 1