Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

Seemed to be 4-1 before conceding 3 to tie the game. 

Was it a case of quality from the first division team as you tired? But these friendly games against first division teams will hopefully be great practise for the coming season.

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Seemed to be 4-1 before conceding 3 to tie the game. 

Was it a case of quality from the first division team as you tired? But these friendly games against first division teams will hopefully be great practise for the coming season.

I didn't see the game myself, but I hear we played a lot of our youngsters today. Apparently Mechelen played with their strongest team, so our boys did very well.

In our first friendly, all players played about 45 minutes, but yesterday and today most guys played 90 minutes. Combined with the intensive practices, I think ending with a draw after being up 4-1 is due to fatigue (and some inexperience)

We play another friendly on Wednesday against Eupen (1st division). From July 15 until July 20 the team will be on trainingcamp in the Netherlands. We play FC Twente (Dutch 1st division) on July 20.

Hopefully we can sign a couple more players before trainingcamp, so they can be integrated into the team as soon as possible. The managers have said they still want an extra goalkeeper, 1 or 2 central defenders, a left-back, a midfielder and a striker. In my opinion, the central defenders and striker are what we need the most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bonanza said:

I didn't see the game myself, but I hear we played a lot of our youngsters today. Apparently Mechelen played with their strongest team, so our boys did very well.

In our first friendly, all players played about 45 minutes, but yesterday and today most guys played 90 minutes. Combined with the intensive practices, I think ending with a draw after being up 4-1 is due to fatigue (and some inexperience)

We play another friendly on Wednesday against Eupen (1st division). From July 15 until July 20 the team will be on trainingcamp in the Netherlands. We play FC Twente (Dutch 1st division) on July 20.

Hopefully we can sign a couple more players before trainingcamp, so they can be integrated into the team as soon as possible. The managers have said they still want an extra goalkeeper, 1 or 2 central defenders, a left-back, a midfielder and a striker. In my opinion, the central defenders and striker are what we need the most.

Steve McClaren managed FC Twente and hilariously started speaking English in a Dutch accent.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I take it Moore is again at Leuven? Have we just given Leuven Elliot?

He left Leuven at the end of last season and went back to Leicester. I don't think he'll come back to us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe they can take Nacho on a season loan get him playing regular football, watching him first half v Cheltenham and second half v Scunny he really didn’t show any improvement at all ?

Maybe a full season on loan would do him good getting him playing more regular maybe big maybe could get his form back from when he played for Man City ?

could also send Silva Slimani King ? ??

20 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Maybe they can take Nacho on a season loan get him playing regular football, watching him first half v Cheltenham and second half v Scunny he really didn’t show any improvement at all ?

Maybe a full season on loan would do him good getting him playing more regular maybe big maybe could get his form back from when he played for Man City ?

No disrespect, but if he is to go out on loan I doubt he'd want to be dropping down to Belgian second division level

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

No disrespect, but if he is to go out on loan I doubt he'd want to be dropping down to Belgian second division level

When I saw the first couple of words of your post I thought it was going to be from an OHL supporter saying they didn’t want him lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

Well it looks about his level at present. No disrespect to Belgian football.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, justfoxes said:

If we sent Slim, he'd run away with their trophy cabinet

24 minutes ago, Huli said:

Ah thank you.

I did not know that the player had to agree. I thought he was the "property" of Leicester City football club.

Besides, even if we could force them to go, what good would it do for Leuven to have an unhappy player who isn't motivated to perform to their abilities because they want to be playing in a stronger league? One who would be taking playing time away from one of their academy prospects?

Our first team will meet ADO Den Haag (dutch first division) next Friday so I guess it will be a mixed team of A-players and U23 tonight?

Btw ... 39 degrees celsius in Leuven at 4 pm.

Edited by Rudi

Leuven starts with:

Kawin, van Hyfte, Mbombo,  Sowah, Kehli, Libert, Mertens, Gillekens, Raemaekers, Laes and Vekemans. Lots of young guys and reserve players

Leicester starts with:

Johansson, Elder, Knight, Moore, Thomas, Leshabela, Muskwe,  Wright, Benkovic, Amarty and Diabate 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2